Canadian Man Found Dead In Pattaya

sriracha john

Canadian man found dead

Published on Jan 17 , 2006

Pattaya - A Canadian tourist was found dead in a lodge in this eastern coastal province of Chon Buri Tuesday morning, police said.

Pol Lt Col Thirasak Charoensri of Tambon Pattaya police station said the tourist, George Klicpera, 54, was found dead in a room of Cherry Lodge of South Pattaya at 11 am Tuesday.

Thirasak said workers of the lodge detected stench smell from the room so they used a spare key to open it to find the man lying dead on the bed.

Thirasak quoted staff of the lodge as saying that the man checked in on January 10 and was last seen on January 11.

<deleted> ????

Cherry Lodge has daily room cleaning. The poor guy was dead for nearly a week before somebody bothered to open the door and check.

Yes I have stayed there a few times and the rooms are cleaned daily...they use the system that if your key is handed to reception on going out, they will clean the room. If your key is not handed in they will leave it till last and then knock on your door...there is a cleaning register of which rooms were cleaned and which were not...

Surely someone must have noticed that the room hadnt been cleaned for 5-6 days.

Stayed there loads of times and yes the room was cleaned every day unless I instructed the cleaner not to bother.

Still had to change the towels on a daily basis.

I would have been there at the time but when I went to check in the Hotel was full so I stayed in the next Hotel down the PN Inn.

Stayed there loads of times and yes the room was cleaned every day unless I instructed the cleaner not to bother.

Still had to change the towels on a daily basis.

I would have been there at the time but when I went to check in the Hotel was full so I stayed in the next Hotel down the PN Inn.

That was my usual hotel (PN Inn) till I had an experience in the lobby with a pickpocket and had to get the police involved, My girl has now banned me from there...How is the night girl there...she is the owners daughter....I have known the owners for many years, They always looked after me and gave me a discount on the room.

Was told 500 Baht a night.

When I paid it was 420 Baht a night.

Basic but clean rooms.

Good english speaking and friendly staff.

Will go back there again.

hehehe....I paid only 380 with the TV.....the hot water system can be a bit suss tho....the best rooms are the end ones that overlook the Soi...slightly bigger...never take an inside room. I like the sign that says "The stairs are in good health" been at him for years to change that.... :o

Basic but clean rooms.

hehehe....I paid only 380 with the TV.....the hot water system can be a bit suss tho....the best rooms are the end ones that overlook the Soi...slightly bigger...never take an inside room. I like the sign that says "The stairs are in good health" been at him for years to change that.... :o

Yeah I laugh at that sign...Not too much over the New Year as I was on floor D.....

My last week however I got a room on C 1 flight less and paid 400 baht with fridge...

Basic but clean rooms.

hehehe....I paid only 380 with the TV.....the hot water system can be a bit suss tho....the best rooms are the end ones that overlook the Soi...slightly bigger...never take an inside room. I like the sign that says "The stairs are in good health" been at him for years to change that.... :D

Yeah I laugh at that sign...Not too much over the New Year as I was on floor D.....

My last week however I got a room on C 1 flight less and paid 400 baht with fridge...

Sorry to interject, but maybe we should move this thread regarding this man's unfortunate death to the Thailand Accomadation Finding forum?

:o

I usually get A or B end rooms....they are the best

Oh and to keep SJ happy. :o

It would appear to be natural causes....no controversy or conspiracy here....it may have took a bit longer for the smell to start if he had the A/C on when he passed away.