Samui Marathon September...

So the samui marathon is in september. Just saw it on Bkk Air. Having a read though something that amazes me is the prizes and how they exclude international competitors from winning prizes, except for other Asians and with the exception of the full marathon.

http://www2.bangkokair.com/en/plan-your-trip/samui-island-marathon.php#!prettyPhoto/0/

Is this usual of the Samui marathon? Under the international group Thai's can also win these places (so it's not an international only group). Amazing really...I can't imagine seeing this elsewhere in the world. (this isn't a Thai racist bashing post, just an amazing observation at blatant separation based on race).

- the only thing I can think of is that, the international competitors coming are that much fitter and better athletes than Thai's and Asians, that they need to do this to 'allow' Thai's/Asians to win something. Or is there another reason? I would have thought there would be some decent Thai athletes competing at these events anyway??

Prizes

Full Marathon (men and women)

• Overall Champion, Thai and Asian National
    Princess Maha Chakri Sirinthorn’s Cup (replica) and cash prize as listed
  • Overall Winners, Thai and Asian National (2nd – 5th places)
    A cup and cash prize as listed
  • Overall Winners, International (1st - 5th places)
  • Age Group Winners (Thai and Asian)
    Cash prize as listed. 1st – 3rd place winners will also receive a cup

Half Marathon (men and women)

• Overall Winners, Thai and Asian, (1st – 5th places)
  • Age Group Winners, Thai and Asian

Quarter Marathon (men and women)

• Overall Winners, Thai and Asian, (1st – 5th places)
  • Age Group Winners, Thai and Asian

In most categories Thai nationals win, except when Kenians and Nigerians etc participate, then they win!

The Laguna Phuket marathon in June was won by a Thai national.

In one of the Marathons in the Netherlands last year, there was a similar pricing scheme going on, to make sure that African runners didn't grab all the prices, it may have been the Utrecht marathon, that caused a bit of an uproar.

i wish it was before thehigh season rarther than after.thats all my training out the window

What do you train for? I might not be here, which is a bummer to me, I participated the first two years in the 10K

i wish it was before thehigh season rarther than after.thats all my training out the window

What do you train for? I might not be here, which is a bummer to me, I participated the first two years in the 10K

I would have liked to do the whole marathon but I am just too busy in August you should be able to run 30 kn a day before u go in for the full run

That is if u want to give yourself a chance

Done. Few marathons before but training would have been a key factors as to my outcome