Samui Express Back Page How Do These People Make The Paper

no dis respect intended but samui has allot of people. How does " foran talks about Electric works" healine on the back page sound interesting.

i though there must bemore to this and it is just a few boring questions about a normal person who has done normal things that is not really special at all.

there must be more interesting things to write about other than someone went traveling then decided to come back to samui and work as a sparky

I amsure that this man is not boring i am sure that the journo could have asked him more interesting questions about himself that could have made a better read.

The other week there was a couple that made the paper because they opened a travel agent for a few years.. So WHAT !!!

whats next Ms Pui opened a family mart 5 years ago and she really enjoys it.

Maybe i could find some other people to interview i sore a few dustmen the other day and a forang working in a restarant. I would prefer to read one of the foranf Thai boxing stories or as it is a forang paper maybe forangs that have had bad experiences and made it better life out here.

Infact the only thing he sais about the electric was quote " the general standard of electric is improving from when i first came here. " hold on this is something else " turn to page 23 " i do not have page 23 so maybe this artical isnot fully written off. shall have to buy another copy as thedog ate therest of it. notlitturally but the rest of the paper is missing somaybe thedog dideat it.i do not know asi cannot findit. anyway ebnough of thedog.

maybe my dog eating the paper should be in the paper.

Maybe they are under staffed. i would offer to help out but theyt would have to switch my wages into 2 as i would need a ghost writter to correct my spelling..

or maybe i already write for the paper. u never know. aconspiracy isat every corner. like The end og that soap oppra Dynasty. i would have never guest that a UFO would kill off that series.

imiagine killing off east enders of the under belly with a UFO ubduction. Also who shot JR did they ever catch him???? from Dallas

Maybe BigC can enlighten us all and let us know what he has done for this island? Having professional people like Chris (The guy mentioned in the paper) on this island is something positive if you ask me.

If you don't like the paper, don't buy it. It's pretty simple really...

• Like 2

Maybe BigC can enlighten us all and let us know what he has done for this island? Having professional people like Chris (The guy mentioned in the paper) on this island is something positive if you ask me.

How can I know what is in the paper till I have bought I u ....

Maybe reading about an electrician is interesting the. Some people like train spotting

There must be 1000 s of people hay have come here and set up business

That is not doing sonethong for the island that is doing sonethong rogue themselves more profit

I did say that I have not read what is inside the paper so there might be more to this story tht I have not red but I annoy supposed to buy he paper in case I do not like it

I can buy what I want an I can choose to like it I I do not like me buying or hen up to you your problem

Not mine

Based on that other arrival about some American who used to derive a taxi on new York and now set up a travel agent on Samui is hardly a success story

Just and interview with a nobody who has opened a shop

Now I am going to have to buy the rear of rw paper

To be honest I wanted to delete Mu post when I are that turn to page 23bit I had already written it

I am not trying to doa respect the guy as I an sure that he has done some interesting stuff in his life and has some intersting and funny stories whilst working as a sparky

Oh no there is some rubbish right now on UBC right now maybe I should cancels whole subscription

Due to one bad program of I do not like it I should close my whole television down

Just like reading the paper

Any way I do buy it and I most not like some articales I hope I can get over it

If I do no agree the. I either have an exterior objective to that arrival or you ate very naive and you can't tell the difference between a story which has intent to advertise and a real story

Edited by BigC

There is some use full info on the other page about houses faulty wiring

But the questions could have been put across I make. More interesting f read

As I say they just seem to be finding any foranh that works here and writting an arrival on them

I would prefer to see things like luck man finds gold on the beach with a metal detector or man fall off off woh no scratched

Or someone found their long lost relative on Samui

I know there are interesting stories out there

Also working for a living is not really do allot for Samui

It is in a way because one pay tax and all by but their intent is to fill there own pockets to me it looks like a long advert even has his phone number on the articales

Argue with me all u like but that was an advert not. Story

The article about the sparky was far more interesting than most of your posts and much better written.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

Right on!!clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

maybe but i don't get paid to write my posts to i amnot exactly a proffessional running forajob as a professional journo so well done adding up 1 and 1 is 2 .

Edited by Rooo

if i buy the paper ornotisup to me. that commen t ismore stupid than the story

a person whoowns aresutarent does something in samui a person that sells time shares does something insamui a person that drives people around for money does something for samui.

Yes it is a positive thing but for real it is just one long advert. i am also aware that as he ives in Samui he propbably has a few friends here so i now i am in for some punishment but i am ready for it. every has a free opionion but ine is that that along with otherback page people are just adverts.

How many other stories post the persons phone number. It is an interview based aroun letting people know that he is an electrican., write some nice stuff about him then give him a call.

the same with all those things.

anything i do for the island i do not want to share as some peoplemightfind it interesting but i not think that it is worth a story. There again if someone paid me then well.......enough said. i shall tell them anything aboutmyself and let people crisise. as long as the money isworth it

Would be a nice option for the thaivisa forum if there was a big "ignore this poster's nonsense button" for all his past / current and yes his future annoying posts.....I would use it.

Yes then i could ignore u.

anyway i have had a closer look at the picture and i do reckonise the man and he is a nice bloke and does a good job.

Anyway the structure of my post is the same. I just wish i picked a different person to talk about. such as that travel agent. The person that i have used i had a terible expereince with but that is another story well it is the same story but i cannot bad mouth a business but i did have a bad experience with them nuff saiud as for this topic

Sorry to the man in the newspaper i was clear i ment no disrepect and he does have a decent reputation for what he does for a lving out here

maybe if i took the time to study the person bofore i post i wouidl not have dug a whole for myself.

So i admit i was wrong. For those who have said that i cannot admit when i am wrong. they are wrong. but if i am right then i do not back down.

Guilty as charged your honer.

sentencing myuself to writting 10 clear sentences without spelling mistakes. that could take a few years )

• Like 1

Would be a nice option for the thaivisa forum if there was a big "ignore this poster's nonsense button" for all his past / current and yes his future annoying posts.....I would use it.

Yes then i could ignore u.

anyway i have had a closer look at the picture and i do reckonise the man and he is a nice bloke and does a good job.

Anyway the structure of my post is the same. I just wish i picked a different person to talk about. such as that travel agent. The person that i have used i had a terible expereince with but that is another story well it is the same story but i cannot bad mouth a business but i did have a bad experience with them nuff saiud as for this topic

Sorry to the man in the newspaper i was clear i ment no disrepect and he does have a decent reputation for what he does for a lving out here

maybe if i took the time to study the person bofore i post i wouidl not have dug a whole for myself.

So i admit i was wrong. For those who have said that i cannot admit when i am wrong. they are wrong. but if i am right then i do not back down.

Guilty as charged your honer.

sentencing myuself to writting 10 clear sentences without spelling mistakes. that could take a few years )

post-39813-134353482154_thumb.jpg

See just examples what did I tell I mother advert about an Indian take away

Should be in the classified of u asked me

Freedoms of speech and all

Maybe people are interested I don't car

Personally I find it a way to fill up pages others free to dis agree hence a debate but once name calling starts and people start to attack people personally then it turns to m argument

Just my own opinion I don't expect every to agree or anyone but it would be a boring world if nobody dis agreed with anyone

There would be no wars movies based on rel wars no one critising the films fish fish fish

The revenues generated by this and all other local publications are from ads. Or typically from barter ads, which could mean if you advertise with us, we will write a favorable review of your establishment, or you will pay us to write a favorable review of your establishment without an ad.

The quality of the articles has little bearing on the bottom line of such a business model, particularly if the owner of the media wishes to keep overhead down by not hiring native English speakers and competent designers, as well as not putting money into promoting the profile of the paper to increase sales.

The revenues generated by this and all other local publications are from ads. Or typically from barter ads, which could mean if you advertise with us, we will write a favorable review of your establishment, or you will pay us to write a favorable review of your establishment without an ad.

The quality of the articles has little bearing on the bottom line of such a business model, particularly if the owner of the media wishes to keep overhead down by not hiring native English speakers and competent designers, as well as not putting money into promoting the profile of the paper to increase sales.

Emm it is a promotion page then

That I can understand they can promote someone and their business but I'd they added some more interesting questions to build ones character or might help

I do like a tastes Indian take away and I am in need of a descent electrican but if they are going to I review someone then maybe they could dig into ones character a bit more they could copy he questions our of an fhm magazine

I dunno like what's the craziest thing u have done in Samui

What is he craziest thing u have seen

I have seen allot

Have you ever been into a fight

Did u win

They could do the bloke test see how much of a man one is

Play people off against each other they would make better reading

Where is the best place u have ale we had a poo

Do u carry a weapon

Edited by BigC

I would like to see an interview with the car insistence man

Would like to know how many silly accidents they have seen

Do they ever get threatened just for doing their Job etc

CIM: "Hey you, see this? It's a car." BigC: "<deleted>? That's no car, that's a turnip!" CIM: "No, I insist, it's a car!" BigC: "You car insistence men are all the same!" CIM: "No, really. The proof is on the piddling!"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

u nutter! sorry i ment insurrence man lol this timei blame predictve text on the ipad

i there is not someone looking for proof in my poddles right now as i might have mis lead that person.

CIM: "Hey you, see this? It's a car." BigC: "<deleted>? That's no car, that's a turnip!" CIM: "No, I insist, it's a car!" BigC: "You car insistence men are all the same!" CIM: "No, really. The proof is on the piddling!"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

u nutter! sorry i ment insurrence man lol this timei blame predictve text on the ipad

i there is not someone looking for proof in my poddles right now as i might have mis lead that person.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ..... you mean insurance..... and predictive and mislead ? not sure about the poodles thoughbiggrin.pngtongue.png

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ..... you mean insurance..... and predictive and mislead ? not sure about the poodles thoughbiggrin.pngtongue.png

Ye one error explained by another

These keys are too small