I'M Back In The Set! Anyone Else Too?

Its been @3 months since i sold all my Thai stocks due to the Euro turmoil- been waiting for a chance to jump in. Markets are a bit happier at least in short term because of the positive 'we will do anything it takes' noises coming out of Europe last few days- so i scanned my list of 'blue chip' Thai stocks and saw LANNA and BANPU both very oversold (Banpu well below 30 RSI in fact)- so this morning i bought BANPU (3700 at 399 baht) and LANNA (17,000 at 24 baht - wanted more but the daily volume of this stock is too low for me to feel comfortable with much more).... lets see what happens....

Edited by ExpatJ

I've never invested in Thai stocks? What brokers do you use? Is it easy to set up an account? Is it easy to get your money back out of Thailand if needed?

All the main thai banks have brokerage service- i would use one of these, i trust them slightly more than the stand alone brokerages companies. Its easy to set up if you have residency in Thailand e.g. have work permit. Also its easy to take money out of Thailand IF you have a valid work permit, once your work permit expires then its a lot harder to take money out.

I've never invested in Thai stocks? What brokers do you use? Is it easy to set up an account? Is it easy to get your money back out of Thailand if needed?

All the main thai banks have brokerage service- i would use one of these, i trust them slightly more than the stand alone brokerages companies. Its easy to set up if you have residency in Thailand e.g. have work permit. Also its easy to take money out of Thailand IF you have a valid work permit, once your work permit expires then its a lot harder to take money out.

I don't have a work permit, only a retirement visa. Can I still open a brokerage account?

I don't have a work permit, only a retirement visa. Can I still open a brokerage account?

Yes you can...

Also, what's the spread like on blue chip Thai stocks? And how much are the brokerage fees?

Not sure about the spread- i just ask my broker to buy/sell..he gets best price he can... brokerage fees- i pay about 2500 baht per 1 million baht trade.

The mess in Europe is far from over ermm.gif ...

Very true, but i am betting that one of two things will happen- there will be either a) enough wishy washy EU good news in the next week for the market to rally for a week or so ,i would then sell later next week when the market realizes once again that no real EU action was taken. or 2) there is legitimate good news from the EU this week, from ECB in particular, and market begins a longer rally for a few weeks. Either way, there are some good blue chip oversold stocks in all markets ripe for the plucking today...

Its been @3 months since i sold all my Thai stocks due to the Euro turmoil- been waiting for a chance to jump in. Markets are a bit happier at least in short term because of the positive 'we will do anything it takes' noises coming out of Europe last few days- so i scanned my list of 'blue chip' Thai stocks and saw LANNA and BANPU both very oversold (Banpu well below 30 RSI in fact)- so this morning i bought BANPU (3700 at 399 baht) and LANNA (17,000 at 24 baht - wanted more but the daily volume of this stock is too low for me to feel comfortable with much more).... lets see what happens....

Dont know if ramping stocks on Thai Visa will have much effect

:lol:

Sent from my MB526 using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

Dont know if ramping stocks on Thai Visa will have much effect

laugh.png

Sent from my MB526 using Thaivisa Connect App

If the turnover is low then would not regard as front-line blue-chip.