Bloodfest Photos In Bkk Newspapers

Radar501

Almost on a daily basis, one or more of the major BKK newspapers will have a large colour photo of a homicide or car accident victim spread across the front page.

IMHO, I find it disgusting. Whilst obviously attracting attention, there seems to be a distinct lack of respect for the victim and the feelings of the family involved. If the official censors can't do anything, surely the responsibily lies with the newspaper for self-censorship in these sensitive matters.

Yet, watch any movie on TV, where there is a naked breast, cigarette or bottle of beer . The Thai nanny-state authorities ensure that these offending images are pixelated out of view. Our eyes and minds must be far too sensitive to be exposed to such vices.

post-157796-0-06336100-1343629461_thumb.

How do Thai families feel about seeing family members of theirs in death poses?

Whether it be road accidents or shootings, stabbings etc.

I know many western cultures would take great offence to such pictures. Is it the same for Thai people?

Thai people seem much more at ease with the subject of death than western society.

just some thought bubbles....

I know many western cultures would take great offence to such pictures. Is it the same for Thai people?

Thai people seem much more at ease with the subject of death than western society.

You're right. It's a different culture.

• Like 1

Where do you make the line ?

I opt to a free® press

I am offended by the photos of the nice shiny new upper end cars, And I can't have one

Or the super stars who'd never talk to me in the street

or the beautiful beaches I never get to go to

let's get rid of all photos ! Taxt too ! and advertising on things I can't afford to by or at shops not near my home.

On the other hand, if lets say America, that does not allow photos of shot, killed or mamed solders in the press, started to run the photos of the thosands, I bet Americas war on the world would end quickly

lmost on a daily basis, one or more of the major BKK newspapers will have a large colour photo of a homicide or car accident victim spread across the front page.

IMHO, I find it disgusting.

Yet, watch any movie on TV, where there is a naked breast, cigarette or bottle of beer . The Thai nanny-state authorities ensure that these offending images are pixelated out of view. Our eyes and minds must be far too sensitive to be exposed to such vices.

Oh no, here we go again.

From where I am from, we used to talk about that all the time. But we talked about the double standard in the US. In the US they even censor curse words, but can show the most disgusting thing on TV involving violence and blood.

My thai gf is always trying to show me pictures from news articles where something nasty has happened or get me to slow down (IE more than needed) if we ever pass an accident. I just dont want to look - is it culture or maybe she is just bloodthirsty......unsure.png

My thai gf is always trying to show me pictures from news articles where something nasty has happened or get me to slow down (IE more than needed) if we ever pass an accident. I just dont want to look - is it culture or maybe she is just bloodthirsty......unsure.png

My experience is different.

Most Thai people in my circles do not want to see the carnage of roadside accidents, as the very real and recently disembodied ghosts of the freshly dead are there ready and intent on haunting, possessing, occupying, and tormenting.... just keep driving ... and DON'T look. If one slows and looks, the eyes are a portal to the soul... the ghosts will leap in... and there will be lots and lots of expensive problems "down the road".

lmost on a daily basis, one or more of the major BKK newspapers will have a large colour photo of a homicide or car accident victim spread across the front page.

IMHO, I find it disgusting.

Oh no, here we go again.

From where I am from, we used to talk about that all the time. But we talked about the double standard in the US. In the US they even censor curse words, but can show the most disgusting thing on TV involving violence and blood.

What is double standard here is that they show this to discourage violence but do absolutely nothing to enforce the law. The ones they solve quickly are the ones that can create potential embaressement. If that's not a double standard then I don't know what is...

Most Thai people in my circles do not want to see the carnage of roadside accidents, as the very real and recently disembodied ghosts of the freshly dead are there ready and intent on haunting, possessing, occupying, and tormenting.... just keep driving ... and DON'T look. If one slows and looks, the eyes are a portal to the soul... the ghosts will leap in... and there will be lots and lots of expensive problems "down the road".

Doesnt seem to be that way for most Thais as everytime ive been anywhere near an accident they hover round it like flies drawn to a flame.

• Like 1

Just about the exact opposite of all my Thai friends. Rubber necks to a man/woman.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App