How To Stay Young

erickok

Dear friends,

I would love to share this with you.

1. Throw Out Non-essential Numbers.

This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay “them!”

2. Keep Only Cheerful Friends.

The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep Learning.

Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle.

“An idle mind is the devil’s workshop.” And the devil’s name is Alzheimer’s.

4. Enjoy the Simple Things.

5. Laugh Often Long and Loud.

Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The Tears Happen.

Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves.

BE ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround Yourself With What You Love.

Whether it’s … family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. You home is your refuge.

8. Cherish Your Health.

If it is good, preserve it.

If it is unstable, improve it.

If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don’t Take Guilt Trips.

Take a trip to the mall … even to the next county, to a foreign country, but not to where the guilt is.

10. Tell The People You Love That You Love Them At Every Opportunity. And Always Remember:

LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS WE TAKE, BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE OUR BREATH AWAY.

THE CONCLUSION IS: WE ALL NEED TO LIVE LIFE TO ITS FULLEST EACH DAY!

/Mod Edit - external links and email address deleted - please see the Forum Rules. Otherwise, nice post.

Edited by Jai Dee

I was always a sucker for this inspirational crap. Here is one of my favorites. If you don't know Leo Buscaglia and his books, you should find out. He transcends words.

A Start

By Leo Buscaglia

Each day, I promise myself not to try to solve all my life problems at once -- nor shall I expect you to do so;

Starting each day, I shall try to learn something new about me and about you and about the world I live in, so that I may continue to experience all things as if they had been newly born;

Starting each day, I shall remember to communicate my joy as well as my despair, so that we can know each other better;

Starting each day, I shall remind myself to really listen to you and to try to hear your point of view and to discover the least-threatening way of giving you mine, remembering that we are both growing and changing in a hundred different ways;

Starting each day, I shall remind myself that I am a human being and not demand perfection of you until I am perfect, so you're safe;

Starting each day, I shall try to be more aware of the beautiful things in our world -- I'll look at the flowers, I'll look at the birds, I'll look at the children, I'll feel the cool breezes, I'll eat good food -- and I'll share these things with you;

Starting each day, I shall remind myself to reach out and touch you, gently, with my words, my eyes and with my fingers, because I don't want to miss feeling you;

Starting each day, I shall dedicate myself again to the process of being a lover -- and then see what happens;

My favorite is this:

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "whoo hoo, what a ride!"

"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, Martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "whoo hoo, what a ride!"

Nice one madsere... :o:D:D

My favorite is this:

Very similar to my sig !

maybe I should add "Tit in one hand, JD in the other"

Edited by johnh101

My favorite quote is from my wife. The day when we are not busy she likes to sleep in really late. When I asked her why she sleep in so late when we can spend time doing something together, she always has the same reply, "I enjoy sleeping because after I die, I'll never get to sleep again" :o

not sure where she get it from, but makes sense to me, so now I start to get up late also :D

Vampiric Eternal life?

Not nowadays with the spread of HIV/AIDS.

Do you get your victims tested before you bite? If not then you're living life on the edge my friend. :o

I think the guy who started this topic deserves a special button! I could not agree more. :D

Thank you my friend for the support of this topic. We must cherish the little things which meant nothing until a disaster has occurred.

• 2 weeks later...

Vampiric Eternal life?

Do you get your victims tested before you bite? If not then you're living life on the edge my friend. :o

I think the guy who started this topic deserves a special button! I could not agree more. :D

Thank you my friend for the support of this topic. We must cherish the little things which meant nothing until a disaster has occurred.

no one gets outa here alive!!!! :D

• 2 months later...
My favorite quote is from my wife. The day when we are not busy she likes to sleep in really late. When I asked her why she sleep in so late when we can spend time doing something together, she always has the same reply, "I enjoy sleeping because after I die, I'll never get to sleep again" :o

not sure where she get it from, but makes sense to me, so now I start to get up late also :D

Well, in my country we use to say "I'll sleep when I´m dead"

Bull

My favorite is this:

Chocolate in one hand? Must've been a female that came up with that!!! :D

Very similar to my sig !

maybe I should add "Tit in one hand, JD in the other"

:o That's more like it!!! :D

-------------------------

How to stay young:

Nivea for men......

.....or give up the things you want to stay young for!!! :D:D

Edited by game4shame

My favorite is this:

:o I ABSOLUTELY love that quote!!!! And I love the spirit of it, but I only live it in spirit. Physically, I'm a bit of a wimp about growing old. I like to enjoy a good, healthy, quality life.

Here's my simple plan: drink copious amounts of green tea regularly,

take a multivitamin,

eat healthy food without becoming a fanatic

listen to good music and read good books and discuss often

allow your body recovery time from drinking/partying, etc.

if you hate your job, etc., quit

Vampiric Eternal life?

Can vampires get AIDS?

I never saw a sick vampire (I know them very well from TV)