Which Dog Rescue Organisation To Call? Whippet Like Dog In Desperate Need

Just outside my moobaan in Bangkok, there is a little dog kept in a wood cage by the street. About 3 months ago I first noticed her and she was then a loveable little scamp of a dog. Looks a bit like a whippet, white, and seems friendly enough. My thoughts as to why she was caged like this was correct; the owner had moved into the block of apartments next to it but was then told no dogs so she put the dog out there which turned out to be true. She's not a soi dog, but a dog that has been cast out into its prison because the owner never thought to enquire "Can I bring my dog with me".

Having been able to have a good look at her this morning, In the last three months, she has deteriorated massively. Very skinny only being fed rice, infected feet from standing in her own pee and poo all day, and has a growth on her bum which is stopping her pooing properly. I had spoken to the owner and asked if I found her a new home would she let her go, and she agreed.

Problem is, I remember that SCAD is stopping activities. Who else can I call? Does anyone want a whippet type of dog to take care of and bring back to health? She is circling around the drain now though so something needs to happen now.

Any one interested in a very rewarding project or can point me to someone who can act then please get in touch. I can't do anything as I have 3 dogs in my small house already, and I just can't do anything.

If you do manage to help the dog and find it a good home can you also try to put the owner in the box for a few days and don't feed her any rice.

Although I agree with the seniment - it's a bit harsh, I would assume the owner was faced with economic pressures that forced the home move and dog's rice diet. That they lack the ability to think outside the box (sorry for the pun) to consider/find a new home for the dog, IME many people lacking education/creative skills will come to what they consider the only solution in such a simplistic fashion. If they were uncaring the dog would be loose, at a temple or en-route to Vietnam already.

I wanted to step in and resolve a problem for two dogs I know well locally, my wife would have let/supported me in doing so untill I found out part of the reasons why the situation had developed. At that point I understood that although I would be doing the right thing from my POV the family concerned have their own issues, responsibilities and priorities to sort out. In my case it's better not to be seen as a saviour.

Edited by Cuban

If you do manage to help the dog and find it a good home can you also try to put the owner in the box for a few days and don't feed her any rice.

Although I agree with the seniment - it's a bit harsh, I would assume the owner was faced with economic pressures that forced the home move and dog's rice diet. That they lack the ability to think outside the box (sorry for the pun) to consider/find a new home for the dog, IME many people lacking education/creative skills will come to what they consider the only solution in such a simplistic fashion. If they were uncaring the dog would be loose, at a temple or en-route to Vietnam already.

I wanted to step in and resolve a problem for two dogs I know well locally, my wife would have let/supported me in doing so untill I found out part of the reasons why the situation had developed. At that point I understood that although I would be doing the right thing from my POV the family concerned have their own issues, responsibilities and priorities to sort out. In my case it's better not to be seen as a saviour.

I will agree and disagree with you. I see too many small dogs out here that are bought as fashion accessories and I totally disagree with anyone who wants to keep a dog in a condo or flat. Dogs need a garden, suffer the holes in your lawn, that's part of keeping a dog and they can be trained to stop doing it. My two dogs are happy to play all day in the 40 metre by 40 metre back garden as well as frequent walks out. A small fluffy dog in a basket is nothing more than cruelty to a dumb animal that usually ends as a bad tempered snap at everything annoying little yapper. If you are moving house and you own a dog it should be very much part of the decision, not something you think about until after you move.

Rant over

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

hello! i dont quite know how to use this forum but here goes..

PAWS (Pet Animal Welfare Society) Bangkok has taken over/replaced SCAD at sukhumvit soi 93.

im a volunteer at PAWS&i would like to help that dog if i can..

we have just started & are in the process of setting up our new foundation &it takes some time.

i dont have much money for the dog's treatment & donations havent poured in yet

please click 'like' and support PAWSBangkok on facebook etc. &pass the word on!

no one knows about us yet so..

pls PM me for my tel & i will see what i can do to help that dog..thanks.

• Like 1