Philippines

where are you flying into? With only a week, you're not going to be able to do much cruising around. Travel times will eat up a bunch of your trip....especially if you try island to island by boat...very slow.

Do you have a place you are trying to base yourself around? Cebu? Manila? Just so much to do there.

haven't bought my ticket yet, plan to later in week but coming from Chiang Mai, Thailand so one connect to either Cebu or Manila but seems pretty cheap to go from Bangkok to Manila ($350 rd trip). Any idea what it cost to fly around inside the country (like Manila to Cebu). Thought about going to Moalboal as I saw a mt bike co. I can rent from or go with for some riding. I might extend it a little longer, but just a quick get away for fun. Don't expect I want to spend too much time in the city but want to experience some of the energy before heading to nature. like adventure sports, food and soaking up local culture but not much for sitting on a beach all day. also not a problem to spend some money. any suggestions of best country has to offer as i'm up for pretty much anything.

I haven't been to moalboal in quite a few years. Seemed it was more of a diving town than anything else? That's what I was there for. It's a 2-3 hour bus ride from Cebu. So a flight from Manila and then a bus ride there will eat up a whole day.

Not a lot to do there. Quite a few resorts, but not much other than that. The local town is a bit away from the beach resorts. It's a fairly quiet place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moalboal,_Cebu