Processing Times: Immigration Bureau At Chaeng Wattana

Processing times at Immigration Bureau at Chaeng Wattana in Bangkok  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How long did your last visit take at the Immigration Bureau at Chaeng Wattana Road in Bangkok for your visa application, extension, or reporting?

Edited by Morakot

Whatever the poll results turn out to be I wouldn't try to compare Bangkok/Chaeng Wattana Immigration with other immigration offices in Thailand since the Chaeng Wattana serves such a HUGE population whereas the immigration offices in the provinces serve a much smaller population. It's like comparing a busy international airport to a small town airport.

Sorry but you do not get visas at Chaengwattana, as per the first question.

And since I live under 1km away and am unable to use it, then cannot answer.

Had to go there once the biggest problem was parking, this was just after the floods

Sorry, you live within 1km distance from Chaengwattana Road and don't use the Bangkok Immigration Bureau? Perhaps you're not subject to immigration control.

Edited by Morakot

Sorry, you live within 1km distance from Chaengwattana Road and don't use the Bangkok Immigration Bureau? Perhaps you're not subject to immigration control.

Maybe I live in Muang Nonthaburi!!!Which is just on the other side of Khlong Prapa, and is not Bangkok

Maybe I live in Muang Nonthaburi!!!Which is just on the other side of Khlong Prapa, and is not Bangkok

I see. I used to live in Nonthaburi, but still went to Chaeng Wattana.

And some extensions take more than 30 days!!

It would be pretty uncomfortable sitting in those chairs for 30 days!

He is referring to the 30 day wait period after applying for an extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

And some extensions take more than 30 days!!

It would be pretty uncomfortable sitting in those chairs for 30 days!

He is referring to the 30 day wait period after applying for an extension based upon marriage to a Thai.

I also think the OP is referring to waiting times AT immigration.

rolleyes.gif Times can vary at Chaeng Wattana depending how late you arrive and what day you use.

Mondays are terrible...because they are closed Saturday and Sunday.

If you have to go on Monday morning get there for their 8 a.m. opening and to get a low queue number.

I once made the mistake of arriving at 9:30 on Monday morning for a 90 day report....and I left there at 2:45 that afternoon.

There were 130 people in the queue before me when i got my ticket that time.

At least there are food and coffee places downstairs to kill time....you don't have to just sit and wait on those chairs to have your number called.

But the last 90 day report I did was on a Friday...amd I was in and out in less than 30 minutes.

Next one's coming up on a Tuesday 7 August.

I expect them to be closed 2 and 3 August because of holidays.

Hopefully they will be open Monday 6 August to clear the backlog?

Anyhow, I plan to be there early and waiting on 7 August.

biggrin.png

Since the topic says processing times then my 30 days sounds about right.

Actually it seems to be longer than 30 days

Hmm, the ambiguity of language... Best to read the OP if you're not sure about the context.

Edited by Morakot

Since the topic says processing times then my 30 days sounds about right.

Actually it seems to be longer than 30 days

Hmm, the ambiguity of language... Best to read the OP if you're not sure about the context.

Yes please do, as the opening post and titles are not clear in the opening post it says how long was your visit for an extension, since a marriage extension can take 30 days then I think that it can be considered confusing, please remember that not everyone on here is a Native speaker so the questions could be misinterpreted.

Edited by beano2274

I went for a visa extension yesterday (Monday) got there about 11am.

My ticket was 3 numbers away from being called, took about 20 minutes to get my passport back.

I was missing a page copy and the immigration officer made the required copy herself rather than send,me away.

I think people should indicate on what basis for extensions in this post, and maybe add the question about which type of extension people applied for.

There is currently a limit of 3 questions per poll.

I think people should indicate on what basis for extensions in this post, and maybe add the question about which type of extension people applied for.

There is currently a limit of 3 questions per poll.

Thought it was more sorry.

Although a long trip you usually get a good and fast service from the staff there, and I think more friendly than at CW

Heck, in live in western Bangkok with the Nonthaburi/Bang Yai Immigration Office (such a cute little office out in the fields) only being a 10 minute, low traffic drive away; but instead I must drive to Chaeng Wattana which is about a 45 minute, high traffic drive.

• Like 1

Although a long trip you usually get a good and fast service from the staff there, and I think more friendly than at CW

Heck, in live in western Bangkok with the Nonthaburi/Bang Yai Immigration Office (such a cute little office out in the fields) only being a 10 minute, low traffic drive away; but instead I must drive to Chaeng Wattana which is about a 45 minute, high traffic drive.

Would swap reporting places if I could..