Hong Kong Flights And Visa

markuk

No low cost carriers from BKK to HK perhaps via Macau wiyth Air Asia or if you want a direct flight try Air Lanka, Gulf, or the likes.

Not sure of your dates but be careful as Chinese New Year is approaching and I think its early February. As for Visas it depends on what passport you hold. Remember HK have different vissa requirements to China and are a lot more lax. Its possible you do not need a Visa

No low cost carriers from BKK to HK perhaps via Macau wiyth Air Asia or if you want a direct flight try Air Lanka, Gulf, or the likes.

Not sure of your dates but be careful as Chinese New Year is approaching and I think its early February. As for Visas it depends on what passport you hold. Remember HK have different vissa requirements to China and are a lot more lax. Its possible you do not need a Visa

I checked this out, flights with Cathay and Thai are only around 15-18k so thats not too bad - have checked on HK visas and i dont need one but unfortunately my wife does so will have to contact Chinese embassy tommorow.

There are loads of airlines that do the BKK HK route - a lot of them are coming from Europe Mid East or Africa and stop in Bkk before going on to Hk, airlines include Kenya Air, Emirates, Gulf Air, Finn Air, the problem is they don't all fly every day and times aren't always convenient, obviously with CX and Thai you get more choice.

15 - 18 K for a return Ticket to HK ? wow that sounds weird...... the common fare with the big carriers is 5-7 K plus Taxes. Emirates, Gulf, SriLankan, Kenia Airways do it in that price range, for example. Orient Thai flies daily as well (but their schedule is very inconvenient, arrives at HK at 9.40 pm and leaves HK at around 8.15 in the morning hours) they are usually the cheapest, so if u wanna save 2-3 K and fly in a 25 year old B-747, "chok dee" for that....

15 - 18 K for a return Ticket to HK ? wow that sounds weird...... the common fare with the big carriers is 5-7 K plus Taxes. Emirates, Gulf, SriLankan, Kenia Airways do it in that price range, for example. Orient Thai flies daily as well (but their schedule is very inconvenient, arrives at HK at 9.40 pm and leaves HK at around 8.15 in the morning hours) they are usually the cheapest, so if u wanna save 2-3 K and fly in a 25 year old B-747, "chok dee" for that....

I'll have you know I flew business class in one of those. They are beautiful, pre-computer era masterpieces of engineering, albeit a tad worn down. If you look carefully you can see the little imps hauling out the landing gear. :o