Cmu Thai Course

darraghg06

What's the CMU thai course like? Not the one year one, i'm talking about the monthly one that you can go to. I'v read in some other sites that sometimes they don't go ahead because of numbers attending. I'd be interested to see what everyone else has heard about it, or if they have attended there.

Peace

Check if Kroo Aum is still teaching the short one. If she is go for the CMU one month course. She is a very experienced qualified Thai Second Language teacher and uses a book she wrote. She has planned lessons ran to the second andprovides a good solid grounding to build on. I cannot say the same about the other courses or for that matter CMU after what they didto many students a year or two ago.

Oh, I do not know about that story but I did the course a couple of years ago.

The material was excellent and I learnt loads even on the first day, I went from almost nothing to being able to hold a conversation, pretty basic but talk about myself and ask and answer questions with someone etc by the time it finished.

Kruu Aom is great but I do have one gripe. The breaks were supposed to be 15 minutes but she always took much longer, more than twice that time. I wanted to get on with it! There was homework to do every night, but she never checked it. She was a great teacher, really good methods, but she should have spent time checking homework and less time drinking coffee....

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect App

You'll most likely run into a statute of limitations issue soon enough unless you take the next step and take them to court. We were lucky enough to have paid by CC. We got a refund in about 30 days.

Good Luck!

PS. don't forget that the Phuping Police station has quite a few written complaints on file and know the whole situation.

Still waiting for that refund I was promised two years ago.

The fact that no one has responded to emails for a year suggests I may wait until hell freezes over.

My wife has been using YMCA for a while, various skill levels and reasonable price... course run for approx one month at a time

After one month you can move up or take the course again...guess it depends on how quick you learn

You'll most likely run into a statute of limitations issue soon enough unless you take the next step and take them to court. We were lucky enough to have paid by CC. We got a refund in about 30 days.

Good Luck!

PS. don't forget that the Phuping Police station has quite a few written complaints on file and know the whole situation.

Still waiting for that refund I was promised two years ago.

The fact that no one has responded to emails for a year suggests I may wait until hell freezes over.

Oh yeah, that'll fix it. The Thai police and courts are not going to cause CMU to lose face simply because, uh, the administration was involved in unpleasant things that happened to foreign students (hopefully that's vague enough to not run foul of Thai libel laws). I like the CMU students I've met, I like the Thai teachers at the Language Institute, but I loath the CMU administration and will never trust the university with my money again.

A school that doesn't have the protection of being part of the government can't stay in business if it rips off customers, and so is a safer bet.

The worst part about certain courses is that they accept anyone willing to pay. So you will get some people with beginner level in advanced courses because they were willing to pay. They don't really have a level placement in place and leads to disasters and loss of money from students.

No refunds, exchanges and can kick you out for no reason at any point if they feel like it.

Read all school contracts carefully before signing.