Bank Books

Does anyone know of a Bank in Thailand that gives you more information regarding transaction in and out of your bank book?

I recently had 4 similar amounts of money go into my account which should have been 5. I wasn't sure who had paid money in and who hadn't so rather then ring each person up I decided to take a trip to my branch to find out. To my surprise they couldn't tell any more information then that printed in the bank book.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and are there other banks that can offer more info. I bank with Kasikorn

Bangkok Bangkok and SCB book banks are the same. With SCB you can order a detailed statement for I think 100 baht. It will show transactions in more detail, for example the location of ATMs that you use, not sure what it shows for deposits but with my salary it just says automatic payment. In your case probably not worth the money and effort as with SCB it takes about 2 days and can only pick it up at the branch the account was opened.

Edited by arkom

Can you see more detail if you use Internet banking?

BKK Bank certainly has more detail when using internet banking, had to use it to see the PayPal reference when setting up with my local account.

Bkk bank ibanking has no details on incoming transfers, just shows as "Transfer other bank". You do get the exact time though.

Outgoing transfers using online banking have full details though.

Online and POS use of your be1st card is very detailed though, same as a credit card invoice...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

It seems ridiculous that you have no way of knowing who is putting money into your account. There must be a way

True.

That is why most businesses you sent money to, will ask you to fax them the transfer/atm slip. Because when they have a busy bank account, they would have a hard time finding out who transferred without them!