Westpac Require Swift Code.

I wanted to have some OZ Cash sent to my Bangkok Bank from Westpac. They informed me via e-mail they could no longer send the cash to the main bank in Bangkok.

They required the Bangkok Bank (Swift Code) from now on and the branch where my account was held.

I made inquiries at the local branch and they confirmed Westpac's request.

The bank officer gave me a card with the SWIFT CODE on it and I asked was this for this branch and she said NO, the Swift Code was for all Bangkok Branches in Thailand.

I asked then, why Westpac would require the Branch address if the Swift Code covered all Bangkok Branches in Thailand.

She replied, it must be something at the Westpac end that they also want the Branch address in Thailand.

No worries, I followed the Westpac request and Bangkok Bank instructions, my cash was in my account in 8 hours.

Bangkok Bank Thailand

(SWIFT: BKKBTHBK)

Recipient account name

Recipient Account number

Branch where Recipient account held.

Hope this helps some TV members.

For your action and Info.

OZEMADE

What does Westpac charge for the transfer? Is there a charge at the Thailand bank?

Westpac charge me $15.00 OZ for the transfer of $10,000 OZ. Bangkok Bank, NO charge.

Also no charge on the Bangkok Bank Debit Card if used in the Province your account is at, say Chonburi. If you use it outside the Province, or transfer cash to say Lop Buri they charge TB15.

Edited by OZEMADE

Haven't transferred money in many years, have none. Anyway found Westpac a bunch of thieves. Always ticketed the box for the money to be transferred in OZ dollars to BKK bank and they always converted it to Baht in OZ thus transferring Baht. Big exchange rate difference in their favor. Jim

Haven't transferred money in many years, have none. Anyway found Westpac a bunch of thieves. Always ticketed the box for the money to be transferred in OZ dollars to BKK bank and they always converted it to Baht in OZ thus transferring Baht. Big exchange rate difference in their favor. Jim

When I have the CASH transferred, I stipulate that it is to be sent in CASH OZ $. Not to be converted and definitely not sent by Travelex.

That way you get the rate here in Thailand when the CASH arrives.

As you said you have not sent money in many years, things have changed now.

What does Westpac charge for the transfer? Is there a charge at the Thailand bank?

Westpac charge me $15.00 OZ for the transfer of $10,000 OZ. Bangkok Bank, NO charge.

Also no charge on the Bangkok Bank Debit Card if used in the Province your account is at, say Chonburi. If you use it outside the Province, or transfer cash to say Lop Buri they charge TB15.

Thanks for the reply. I was curious about other options compared to what I use. I use Ozforex and if over 10000 Aus there is no charge. I get it exchanged into Thai baht by Ozforex. Today the excharnge rate was 32.76 for 15000. This is a live quote and changes all the time. There is a charge this end with SCB. This can range from 200 to 850 baht depending on the amount transferred.

Thanks for the reply. I was curious about other options compared to what I use. I use Ozforex and if over 10000 Aus there is no charge. I get it exchanged into Thai baht by Ozforex. Today the excharnge rate was 32.76 for 15000. This is a live quote and changes all the time. There is a charge this end with SCB. This can range from 200 to 850 baht depending on the amount transferred.

That;s a good rate.

I think the criminals at ANZ charge me $35. It is a business account so it might be a higher charge.