Honda Big Bikes

In this morning's (online) edition of the newspaper whose name we cannot mention, Honda officially announced the manufacture in Thailand of Big Bikes, defined as over 400cc. The article states that some 800 Big bikes a day will be produced after the engines lines have been moved to LOS. It is predicted that Honda will be manufacturing bikes over 400cc here be year end.

In April AP Honda opened its Honda Big Wing showroom and service centre in Bangkok to sell imported big bikes with engines ranging from 600-1,500cc. Perhaps this was actually the first step for marketing domestically produced Honda big bikes. Get people looking, then slash the prices by 50% and boom, some serious selling. Kawasaki may have some competition soon.

Unfortunately, the article did not mention specific models to be manufactured here.

Yes I too noticed the artical

I think the writting has been on the wall for a while

Hope it helps lower the pricing in Thailand and gives us better choices. The first big bikes out the door at Honda have been way over priced and clearly I would have not chosen to offer the same mix that they did

I have no need for a large displacement bike and instead would like to see something in the style of the CL 350 I owned back in the 1970's when I lived in Thailand. Something in the 250-400 cc range but NOT in the CBR 250 style.

You could make a CBR250 that style for a few thousand baht. The streetfightered versions look pretty good, if I was after that style of bike I'd pick up a lightly used CBR250 for 85k and spend 5-10k on it. Some new bars, mirrors, fairings etc. and you're good to go.

Personally I'd like to see the CBR600F sold here at a sensible price. Something around the 300k mark would be good competition for the ER6n/f.

This is potentially great news, with the emphasis on "potentially". Let's try not to get too excited though. Remember who we're dealing with. I can almost imagine that the first new big bike will be a 400cc Wave... with cool new stickers.

Was picking up part for my crf today mentioned about these new bikes my dealer reckons they are not making anything bigger than 600 cc he mentioned cb 400 and cbr 600 and a bigger sized engine crf style weather it's a 600 rr or f who knows same with cb 400 could be a cbr 400 or just a cb 400 again who knows it's got to be good for the thai market though

the main reason of this new is, owner of Bigbikes can get more easy Spareparts und others for bigbike

at now, it is unpossible, to get the right oil for Engine or Gear here in Thailand, you have to import from US or Europe.

in the past I make some emails to Castrol or Shell or Mobil-Oil, they only serve the big quantities for the 125 Motorcycle.

we hope, if HONDA produce big Bikes for acceptable price, the sale in TH will going up

and with this, the accessories-Industrie will following.

I know, at some Dealer you get some Parts and Oil, but for the 4-th price as in USA