Best Hospital To Check For Dengue Fever?

Hi,

Can someone recommend a good, cheap hospital to check for Dengue, should be easy right?

A lot of people seem to be getting sick with it at the moment, I feel okay, but have a few of the symptoms and my wife is concerned, so better to check it out.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Leon.

Thanks, I live closer to Chaweng, would appreciate one of the closer ones if it doesn't break the bank...

Take Samui International then....prices are about the same......I would not worry about a few hundred Baht more, once you have dengue your bill will be much higher anyway......

Myself and the misses are getting over dengue now we went to thai inter across from tesco,blood test is 1000b,to see doctor 350b plus pay for any meds,you will know if you have it,headache and hurting behind eyes,very tied and will come up in a rash all over your body,there is a lot of it going around now,i know of 2 people who have been in hospital,it will last anything up to 14 days!

Thanks, I live closer to Chaweng, would appreciate one of the closer ones if it doesn't break the bank...

Chaweng to anywhere else on the ring road at most is a 25-minute drive. I don't think you should let this daunting distance dissuade you from going to whichever place is best for you.

I don't really understand this last reply but seeing as the OP is unwell what he wishes to know is that he can use Samui Inter or Thai Inter, the cost is approximately 1300 baht, and he will get the results he requires.

Dengue has been around these regions for quite a while nowwink.png hospitals and doctors are very proficient with dealing with it.

I've heard that the clinic opposite Macro is ok for outpatient treatment.

I have also heard this - but I have no personal experience. It opens at 10 am.

Would be good to get some first hand reports regarding this clinic, prices, care, languages spoken by staff etc. I'm sure many people in the NE of the island would be looking for a possible alternative to the hospitals for minor treatments.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

Would be good to get some first hand reports regarding this clinic, prices, care, languages spoken by staff etc. I'm sure many people in the NE of the island would be looking for a possible alternative to the hospitals for minor treatments.

I agree - but from what I was told by my neighbour who went there and based on his comments - prices - more expensive than Vietnam, care - very good, English spoken. The clinic was recommended by my local pharmacist - who is very reliable. Sorry not a first hand report - and it is a new clinic.

Sent from my ancient desktop using old fashioned digits.

I agree - but from what I was told by my neighbour who went there and based on his comments - prices - more expensive than Vietnam, care - very good, English spoken. The clinic was recommended by my local pharmacist - who is very reliable. Sorry not a first hand report - and it is a new clinic.

Sent from my ancient desktop using old fashioned digits.

for checking fordengue fever u should get the results with a blood test should only take 30 minutes.

samui inter isn't that expensive.

Bangkok hospital shall check you for everything just to push the billl up for no reason.

Thai Inter and Bandon i do not know

If you are on a very tight budget then go to the government hospital in Nathong but the taxi fare would probably make it the same price as samui inter in chaweng

Her indoors had to get a second opinion recently, and found Nathon Hospital more expensive (and longer queues) than Thai Inter. All of the private hospitals look to increase their income. Bangkok Samui being the worst.

Bandon is known locally as Bad-one. I have heard only bad stories from there.

Just as an aside - I had a guy working for me in Cambodia who caughht Dengue Fever, and he did not think it was that serious. We eventually had him air-lifted out and he was in a bad way in hospital for about 3 weeks. Moral of the story - if in doubt - check it out. The longer you leave it.........

Edited by Tropicalevo

Her indoors had to get a second opinion recently, and found Nathon Hospital more expensive (and longer queues) than Thai Inter. All of the private hospitals look to increase their income. Bangkok Samui being the worst.

Bandon is known locally as Bad-one. I have heard only bad stories from there.

Just as an aside - I had a guy working for me in Cambodia who caughht Dengue Fever, and he did not think it was that serious. We eventually had him air-lifted out and he was in a bad way in hospital for about 3 weeks. Moral of the story - if in doubt - check it out. The longer you leave it.........

yes bangkok diganosed me with dengy fever when i had food poisoning. the diagnoses was not even don e with a blood sample

the man just looked at me and told me that he can tell from looking at me and wanted minimum 50 k for 3 days.

so went to samui inter

they did not want money till after ther blood test to see what the quotationf would be and it was food poisoning

price was about 8000 baht per night with medicine rather than 50 k for 3 nights not incl. mdecicine plus wrong diganoses.

i got inssurencce now do pirce does not matter too much even for free i would not go the bangkok hosp unless they specalised with something that the servces was ok

different deparatments are better at somethings and and worse than others and same with all hospitals.

for example the government hosp. are the only hospital that carry antie snake venium. just so you know

I'm not being cynical just interested what the purpose would be of confirming dengue? If you have a rash and a high fever, you have dengue. Nothing they can do. Check into the hospital and let them watch you or ride it out at home. Obviously if symptoms of dengue go to the next stage (like bleeding), you're in trouble; get to the hospital.

As I understand it, all the doctors can do is give you paracetamol for the fever and hydrate you. You can do that at home.

There is a school of thought that says don't treat fever. The aspirin and paracetamol interfer with the body's own healing capability and that's the only thing that works against dengue. Fever is not the diesease itself, but an immune response to illness. When the immune system detects infections it raises the temperature because it's harder for bacteria to grow in raised temperature and the white blood cells to work better. This is controversial, but be aware Thailand is not exactly on the cutting edge of medical technology. All kinds of information out there on the web "Not treating fever".

Of course if I had it, I'd be in the hospital shooting heroin if it would make me feel better. Good luck

Just back from SIH - positive for Dengue.

Doctor 300

Hospital 100

Blood test 2,600

Medication 775

Nurse 100

TOTAL 3,875 Baht

Have lots of the powder drinks, Para Codeine for pain and some vitamins.

Platlette count 75,000 - way below normal.

Just staying at home unless it gets really bad.

Have a speedy recovery

Thank you. Appreciate the thought.

get well soon. I shall try to keep you entertained with my stupid posts smile.png

Get well soon SamuiRes, don't let Big C annoy you.

Have a speedy recovery

Thank you. Appreciate the thought.

get well soon. I shall try to keep you entertained with my stupid posts smile.png

Feeling like s*** but not lost my sense of humour - yet - so keep them coming. Thanks for the thought.