Tv Purchase In Ban Chang Area

robkey69

OK, need some advice...I can't get a straight answer from my Thai brother inlaw...I'm now in Bangkok (2 days from the USA) and will arrive in Payoon Beach in about 2 days and I want to buy a LCD TV around 42" for my house....I don't have time to scout around and take days or weeks to buy...I'm here for about 3 weeks and want to enjoy myself...not power shop.

I know there is Lotus and Home Pro, but doesn't anyone have favorite place to purchase?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

I bought a 52" Samsung Plasma in Tesco's (Lotus) Ban Chang about 6 months ago for the bed room at home, There is no Homepro as such in BC, thats Rayong.

Tesco's dont have a big selection but do have plasma/LCD and LED last time I was in there. If you want bigger selction need to go to Rayong or Pattaya

There are also a few TV shops in the shophouses on Suk, again not much variety, but could try those, also coming into BC from Rayong on Sukhumvit, there was an electrical place, name not sure, that used to sell aircons, TV, washing machines..not sure if thats still open.

At least using Tesco's you have some form of warranty and return policy, so it you dont want to do much running about start at Tesco's

Edited by Soutpeel

If you have transport, Pattaya is just a 45-minute drive from Banchang. No need to enter the cesspit, right there on Sukhumvit at the top of Pattaya Thai are giant Homeworks and Big C stores next to each other. Both have a large range of electrical equipment, in fact you could furnish your entire house from Homeworks.

If you have transport, Pattaya is just a 45-minute drive from Banchang. No need to enter the cesspit, right there on Sukhumvit at the top of Pattaya Thai are giant Homeworks and Big C stores next to each other. Both have a large range of electrical equipment, in fact you could furnish your entire house from Homeworks.

or go 30 minutes in the opposite direction towards Rayong on Sukhumvit and do the same...Homepro, Index etc

If you are only here for a short time just get it at Tesco Ban Chang Yes there is a better selection Rayong or Pattaya actually I was in Rayong last week and was impressed with LamTong shopping centre.

Enjoy your stay in our fair town

Of course Lam Tong as well forgot about that

Thanks for all the help....Probably hit Lotus first then Home Pro Rayong.....Now I just need to find a nice wood stand..smile.png

You will not get a nice wooden stand in Lotus, a TV stand yes...nice wooden one most likely not....if your going down to Rayong way..stick your head in Index or SB...you will see all these places on Sukhumvit heading into Rayong on Suk

With a Slingboxyou can stream TV from your home abroad to Thailand but I am not sure if that is possible on a TOT Line.

Robkey, please let us know streaming is ok on TOT line or not.

Well got a Sony TV at Lotus and I have been sucessfully streaming my slingbox with TOT no problem. I hooked up a HDMI cable and get a pretty good picture not HD but better then most. I also took my Ipad and put a vpn app on it called Hot Spot shield and now I am able to watch Netflix and stream to the TV.....All the comforts of home now...:) All I need to find is a good place to get a good pizza in the Ban Chang area..:)

Little Nings just behind up past the you and ma bar or turn left 1 street before the first traffic lights going toward Rayong the strip not to bad there and for you other western goodies try Steves Deli on the Strip saves that 45 K drive to Pattaya.