Retirement Visa No Funds

Is it a forum sponsor or google advert?

I saw the ad today; it's google.

We have limited ability to block particular Google ads. In my opinion, you should follow the advice given by Lopburi3, Jingthing, Beano, and others here before responding to a Google ad that tells you what you want to hear.

Adittionally since they know you committed the fraud...if they want to....they can blackmail you for money by threatening to reveal your fraud to other immigration officials.

Well said.

This should be printed on a large paper and hung on a wall in immigration bureaus!

A BIG RED flashing banner in this forum would be helpful, as well. thumbsup.gif

Adittionally since they know you committed the fraud...if they want to....they can blackmail you for money by threatening to reveal your fraud to other immigration officials.

Well said.

This should be printed on a large paper and hung on a wall in immigration bureaus!

Indeed, but I suspect some immigration staff were not only fully aware but actively involved in this "service".

Well said.

Indeed, but I suspect some immigration staff were not only fully aware but actively involved in this "service".

((undocumented slander removed)) Since they dont get to see a bank book with the money in the account for 2 months they have to be involved. Edited by lopburi3

Borrowing the money, putting it in the bank for 2 months (3 on subsequent extensions) applying for the extension and withdrawing the money the day after it was granted is (imho) is technically legal, since if you borrow money it then becomes yours. However, it is an immigration department requirement that the money is in the bank account for 2 months (3 on subsequent extensions). Since these 'companies' get the extension in less than 2 (or 3) months, you have not satisfied the requirements for the extension, surely that's where the dodgyness(is that a word?)/illegality comes in.

It also begs the question as to where the applicants day to day expense money is coming from if they cannot show income/savings or combination equal to the required amount.

Maybe they prefer to leave it in investments/banks in their home countries, especially whilst exchange rates are so bad. ((undocumented slander removed)) Edited by lopburi3

Borrowing the money, putting it in the bank for 2 months (3 on subsequent extensions) applying for the extension and withdrawing the money the day after it was granted is (imho) is technically legal, since if you borrow money it then becomes yours. However, it is an immigration department requirement that the money is in the bank account for 2 months (3 on subsequent extensions). Since these 'companies' get the extension in less than 2 (or 3) months, you have not satisfied the requirements for the extension, surely that's where the dodgyness(is that a word?)/illegality comes in.

It also begs the question as to where the applicants day to day expense money is coming from if they cannot show income/savings or combination equal to the required amount.

Maybe they prefer to leave it in investments/banks in their home countries, especially whilst exchange rates are so bad. ((undocumented slander removed))

That's no problem at all, in that case they can get a letter from their embassy confirming that their income is 65,000 baht/month or more. I know many people who live on much less than that per month, but I didn't make the rules.

If they want to go the 'money in thai bank' option they need to have the money in the bank for 2/3 months. The rest of the year they are quite entitled to move it somewhere else.

Is it a forum sponsor or google advert?

I saw the ad today; it's google.

We have limited ability to block particular Google ads. In my opinion, you should follow the advice given by Lopburi3, Jingthing, Beano, and others here before responding to a Google ad that tells you what you want to hear.

I need no advice, I'm miles from retirement age.

And be truthful - you can block any advertiser URL you want, both broadly and narrowly.

Will you block this particular advertiser?

I had a friend who used a Pattaya visa company for a number of years, It cost him 20,000 baht a year and he had no money in the bank and did nothing except pay the 20,000 baht. He died last year so he doesn't have to worry about it now. He did make the 90 day address check in reports.