Retirement Visa No Funds

You are required to provide evidence of having funds for retirement extensions of stay. If they are not your financials any extension of stay would be invalid.

But if they are only going to tell you to obtain a letter of your pension from your Embassy and you do so with truthful information; that can be used without any bank funds for legal retirement extension of stay.

I would be careful how you tread with this, there was an outift around some months back that offered counterfeit statements and the like, if you use them then you are guilty of a deception at a minimum and possibly worse. The bank letter is all important and perhaps the most important part of the letter is the seal or chop, if someone tries to copy or emulate that then big problems in store I would guess.

There are some companies which will deposit the money in your account, and go to immigration with you, then after the visa is accepted they will get the funds back, and of course there is a charge, was mentioned on here months ago.

No I do not know the company name, for me this is an illegal practice, such as the Indians who get married to a Thai, but only for the visa, never live together and go to Immigration with a guy who knows the officers, used to happen a lot when I had to use Suan Phlu many many years ago. They even had pieces of paper with information about each other in case they were asked questions.

You pay around ฿20 000 a year and it isn't really legal, although some people seem to have been doing it for years. If immigration discover that your visa is false you may be deported without the option to return.

You are required to provide evidence of having funds for retirement extensions of stay. If they are not your financials any extension of stay would be invalid.

But if they are only going to tell you to obtain a letter of your pension from your Embassy and you do so with truthful information; that can be used without any bank funds for legal retirement extension of stay.

They are advertising NO FUNDS

NO PENSION

NO WORRYS

There are some companies which will deposit the money in your account, and go to immigration with you, then after the visa is accepted they will get the funds back, and of course there is a charge, was mentioned on here months ago.

No I do not know the company name, for me this is an illegal practice, such as the Indians who get married to a Thai, but only for the visa, never live together and go to Immigration with a guy who knows the officers, used to happen a lot when I had to use Suan Phlu many many years ago. They even had pieces of paper with information about each other in case they were asked questions.

WHy Indians? Sounds racist to me. Many more "farangs" marry girls in order to get marriage visas.

I too have seen this advert but have no need to contact them. However, if they are presumably lending Bt800k for 2 months (to satisfy the retirement visa requirement) and charging only Bt20k (as indicated above by Cooked), how is anyone breaking the law? The interest equates to only 1.25% per month (15%pa), so is not illegal. I could see many people interested in this including those with the necessary funds but who would rather put their money to better use than have to leave it earning almost nothing in a bank. What laws are being broken? How would the visa (Extension of Stay) be false? The Bt800k in their account those 2 months is their money for those two months. A person with 43 baht of gold (just for illustration) can pawn this for Bt800k for 2 months and pay the exact same 1.25% per month. Would this invalidate his visa?

WHy Indians? Sounds racist to me. Many more "farangs" marry girls in order to get marriage visas.

He was not being racist at all, simply telling the truth, end of story.

Not racist, just pointing out something that I saw at Suan Phlu.

I too have seen this advert but have no need to contact them. However, if they are presumably lending Bt800k for 2 months (to satisfy the retirement visa requirement) and charging only Bt20k (as indicated above by Cooked), how is anyone breaking the law? The interest equates to only 1.25% per month (15%pa), so is not illegal. I could see many people interested in this including those with the necessary funds but who would rather put their money to better use than have to leave it earning almost nothing in a bank. What laws are being broken? How would the visa (Extension of Stay) be false? The Bt800k in their account those 2 months is their money for those two months. A person with 43 baht of gold (just for illustration) can pawn this for Bt800k for 2 months and pay the exact same 1.25% per month. Would this invalidate his visa?

It is breaking the law as it is not the applicants money.

It has to be applicants money, not lawyers, wife or money lenders, it is aimed at showing you have money to live here, obviously rediculasly high and if you have a wife to support as well only need 400,000. Live alone retired 800,000, suport self and wife 400,000 Thai logic.

20k would not cover lawyer and immigration cost plus interest at 15%pa, its a straight backhand payment with no money in bank, just a split between immigration and agent/lawyer and possibly bank manager if letter of proof of funds issued.

And the visa services companies do not lend the money for the 2/3 month period - deposit the funds for only for 24/48 hours and when visa is provided withdrawn from clients account. Don't know how they get around the bank report confirming deposit period for immigration.

Edited by simple1

But if you borrow the money from your bank for 2 months and use that and then pay the loan off early, would you class that as being illegal too?

• Like 1

Which law, Beano2274? I have the “marriage” extension so have never applied for a retirement visa – do you sign a statement concerning the origin of the funds? I’m assuming you don’t. You can only break the law if there is a law that can be referred to. I tell my friends that I owned a condo in Bangkok some years ago but I still had a mortgage on it before I sold it – I don’t think anybody would have accused me of lying. I would suggest that it is exploiting a loophole rather than breaking the law.

Borrowing the money, putting it in the bank for 2 months (3 on subsequent extensions) applying for the extension and withdrawing the money the day after it was granted is (imho) is technically legal, since if you borrow money it then becomes yours. However, it is an immigration department requirement that the money is in the bank account for 2 months (3 on subsequent extensions). Since these 'companies' get the extension in less than 2 (or 3) months, you have not satisfied the requirements for the extension, surely that's where the dodgyness(is that a word?)/illegality comes in.

It also begs the question as to where the applicants day to day expense money is coming from if they cannot show income/savings or combination equal to the required amount.

And the visa services companies do not lend the money for the 2/3 month period - deposit the funds for only for 24/48 hours and when visa is provided withdrawn from clients account. Don't know how they get around the bank report confirming deposit period for immigration.

I don't know how they do it either, but my buddy got his visa last week no problem. He was met at a bank by an Indian guy "Not being racist" and he opened a bank account with my buddy signing the forms only. Money was put in the bank for him and he picked up his visa one day later, after which he was met by the same guy who went with him to the same bank and closed the account and got his money back, plus Baht 25,000 from my friend.

This is Thailand and anything can be done, doesn't have to be right or even be understood how it's done.

• Like 1

Every time some penilless idiot uses one of these fraudulent visa schemes/services it adds up and as people get caught and the rules get tightened, the rest of us suffer.

The only reason we now need to keep 800k in a Thai bank for three months before our retirement visa extentions is because idiots and fraudsters were caught scamming the system. The only reason consecutive tourist visa's were limited was because of back to back border run extentions by people who couldn't afford the retirement visa costs.

Leave it alone or it will become impossible to get anything other than a one month tourist visa. Bottom line, if you can't afford to live here, go somewhere else.

Well said thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Depending on the OP and his searches on the internet, other hints will appear on pages such as Thaivisa although not really part of Thaivisa. The Internet Browser knows what you are searching for so puts these links onto a page that allows google ads.

------------

You misunderstand..THEY are not breaking the law, YOU are....because you are obtaining a visa by fraudulant means.

If you are caught, and that visa is proven to be a fake, then THEY won't be punished but YOU can be.

Adittionally since they know you committed the fraud...if they want to....they can blackmail you for money by threatening to reveal your fraud to other immigration officials.

That might not happen....but you're taking a sucker's bet doing that.

If you win the bet you gain little,,,but if you lose the bet you lose a lot.

That's why it is called "a sucker's bet".

whistling.gif

• Like 1

They are advertising NO FUNDS

NO PENSION

NO WORRYS

Don't do it as there are lots of scams around.