Scandal At The Old Belle !

theblether

theblether and Smokie36 were astonished during two ( please note two ) recent visits to the Old Belle restaurant. First of all on both occasions that wonderful host Pedr wasn't would you believe, in annoyed.gif

However that was the lesser sin, theblether and Smokie noted that the service and ambiance in the Old Belle was excellent, however we were delivered a seriously stunning slight, from which we are only now recovering......here's is the photographic evidence.

313282_426301564074838_909263929_n.jpg

373835_426301634074831_1043757922_n.jpg

Please note.......a massive display of English, Welsh, and would you believe Australian flags, however the Saltire has been reduced to neing a mere handkerchief afterthought.

Pedr, being a fellow Celt, we are most disappointed, and when the Caledonian invasion of Chiang Mai occurs at Christmas, we will be expecting a dramatic improvement. mellow.png

It would also be handy if you actually turned up for work at some point too........that being said though we thoroughly enjoyed visiting your bar drunk.gif

• Like 1

re .. that wonderful host Pedr wasn't would you believe, in

he was outside there at 4 pm yesterday : )

dave2

ps .. for anyone who doesnt know hes the one on the right

Maybe they were still sleeping off last night. 4:00P M might be a might early for them to be up and about.tongue.png

It's funny, isn't it: I don't like going in there when Pedr's not there, feels kinda empty without that big friendly person behind the bar...

I would have liked to have met him, myself and Smokie36 went in twice, and the young lady behind the bar said we had just missed him.......so we left him a note. We went back the next evening and once again he wasn't there, however there was a very genial and interesting Australian tourist in with his wife and we had a few drinks with them.

So I suppose it's a pleasure delayed to actually meet Pedr, however in the meantime, I'm delighted to have the opportunity to pull his ear about the dismal display of the Saltire biggrin.png

A thousand apologies to TheBlether and Smokie36. I am behind the bar most of the time and I'm sorry to have missed you! (twice!) I did get your message and meant to reply. Incompetence, drink and the demands of a young family are the only excuses can offer!

As to the Saltire, a flag I have enormous respect for, I will rectify the situation pronto! All flags, as your photo graphically illustrates, need a good and respectful wash and will get one shortly!- hope to catch up with you both soon!

• Like 2

Surprised this thread has lasted so long as it mentions a sponsor.

It's usually closed and OP suspended or banned in most cases, be the post true or not lol

The Old Bell seems to manage to get a lot of play time in comments.

It's usually closed and OP suspended or banned in most cases, be the post true or not lol

Maybe, just maybe its because people like it....

Could be. What do I know?

• 2 weeks later...

The comment was merely aimed at the fact that virtually every post mentioning a sponsor appears to to get closed and suspensions / bans handed out like M&M's in a school yard these days.

It was in no way meant as a dig at Pedr, who I consider a friend, and I'm sure he knows me well enough to know that.

funnily enough were only talking about this thread recantly as it happens

The comment was merely aimed at the fact that virtually every post mentioning a sponsor appears to to get closed and suspensions / bans handed out like M&M's in a school yard these days.

It was in no way meant as a dig at Pedr, who I consider a friend, and I'm sure he knows me well enough to know that.

funnily enough were only talking about this thread recantly as it happens

Could be quite simply that there has been nothing offensive being written which seems to the main cause for threads being closed but we can't discuss that now can we wink.png