If You Had A Choice? Sport Bike Or Enduro

yankee99

I am contemplating a new/used bike. i live outside pattaya. I know these seem polar opposites but i am considering both. Before i moved here i had cbr600rr in the states and used it daily. Here i have a nuovo and pickup for daily driving. i am considering some trips up country and neighbouring countries. i see many threads and it seems the enduro//dtracker is the style for these trips. i also miss the thrill of my cbr. It would just start really going at 9000rpm....

The cbr will be 150k more then the dtracker. I also hear the dtracker are not comfortable. So i am unsure which i will get the most use out of?

considering the street conditions, turns and driving styles here, one probably cant live out a sports bike fun here anyway...

enduros are imo very comfortable, and due to the "padded" tyres and shock absorber take things lying on the street with more ease, than a sports bike tyre... more safe, more fun, imo...

Get a Kawasaki Versys and you get the best of both worlds!

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

i looked at the versys but it would not live up to my expectation as a sport bike. honestly i would buy both if i could swing the funds and make my wife think i wasnt crazy

Did you ride it? Although it isn't as much a sport bike as a CBR600RR I doubt it would disappoint you too much, it has surprised a fair few people who thought similar to you and the ideal bike for touring Thailand and neighbouring countries.

• Like 1

i looked at the versys but it would not live up to my expectation as a sport bike. honestly i would buy both if i could swing the funds and make my wife think i wasnt crazy

Did you ride it? Although it isn't as much a sport bike as a CBR600RR I doubt it would disappoint you too much, it has surprised a fair few people who thought similar to you and the ideal bike for touring Thailand and neighbouring countries.

no i havent but i will go to the dealer and look again tomorrow. They have let me test drive some bikes in the past.

no i havent but i will go to the dealer and look again tomorrow. They have let me test drive some bikes in the past.

I just read part of a comparison review I downloaded again and these five points might help you decide, PM me your email address if you want the pdf review.

1) Agile as a GSXR

2) Naughty as a Street Triple.

3) Lasts longer than a Tiger.

4) Space of a 1400GTR

5) As quick as an R6

I just read part of a comparison review I downloaded again and these five points might help you decide, PM me your email address if you want the pdf review.

1) Agile as a GSXR

2) Naughty as a Street Triple.

3) Lasts longer than a Tiger.

4) Space of a 1400GTR

5) As quick as an R6

I can believe a couple of those points, along with how much the bike can be accessorised for baggage, but number 5 has surprised me. Current R6's are track capable missiles. I would really be surprised that a Versys could keep up with one :)

Sent from my iPhone 3 using ThaiVisa app

Lol agile as a gsxr and as quick as an r6 come on it's the same engine as the er 6 a 600 hornet would leave these things in their dust.

Guys, I am happy to email you the pdf review I have with the explanations for the points mentioned, the figures don't lie! They say themselves they did favourable comparisons to prove the point but that doesn't change the fact!