Thaksin Gets Ready For Two-Week Us Visit

webfact

Thaksin gets ready for two-week US visit

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will be flying to the United States next week for a fortnight, his legal adviser Noppadon Pattama announced yesterday.

During his visit, Noppadon said, Thaksin will meet Thai and American friends as well as some US politicians who he is acquainted with. Thaksin might even meet businessmen interested in investing in Thailand.

After completing his visit to the US, Thaksin will return to China, Noppadon said, adding that his boss was currently in Moscow, but would fly to the United Kingdom today before taking a flight to the US during or after the weekend.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-08-03

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite unlikely he will face arrest. It would be up to the Foreign Ministry to forward any papers to have him detained to the US. If there were international arrest warrants outstanding, he likely would not have been granted a visa.

It's quite unlikely he will face arrest. It would be up to the Foreign Ministry to forward any papers to have him detained to the US. If there were international arrest warrants outstanding, he likely would not have been granted a visa.
I'm thinking more civil law suits

He would indeed look much better in HANDCUFFS. It will be interesting to see if Uncle Sam has the legal ground as well as the guts to

do that.

Given the hypocritical nature of some western governments as well, it will be interesting to see what transpires.

If he is to be in the company some politicans friends there, he will also be in the company of some of best liars, smoothers, & crooks in the

in the world.coffee1.gifermm.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

If he really shows up there, it means that ALL have already been arranged for him to step foot safely.

Sure enough, the current government has certainly spent a great deal of time and resources to organize lobbying at the very least.

Thaksin would not risk an arrest and a huge loss of face.

I guess that a lot of ordinary Thai chaps would really like to see all these efforts from the authorities spent to solve their problems, but hey, they do not have the name to warrant such attention

• Like 2

Law suits filed in the US would/should be of concern to Mr. T.

I am starting to wonder if he has already been issued with a diplomatic passport so getting immunity.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

If k. Thaksin has a diplomatic passport (e.g. a Thai one), the USA can still legally refuse him entry. Since we haven't seen k. Thaksin's shiny new Thai passport which was hand-delivered at the height of Thaliand biggest flooding in history, we don't know. Still A&P no longer registered as "Thaksin's lobbyists" has legal ramifications which I do not clearly understand, but which I wouldn't be surprise to heaar to have a relation with this.

• Like 1

I am starting to wonder if he has already been issued with a diplomatic passport so getting immunity.

Well, he surely DOES act like a government official - meeting US politicians and businessmen interested in investing in Thailand. "Normal" Thai tourists just don't do that (but then again, he's not "normal"; he's "abnormal"). Let's see what's going to transpire. It's not even certain yet that he will turn up in the US.

If k. Thaksin has a diplomatic passport (e.g. a Thai one), the USA can still legally refuse him entry. Since we haven't seen k. Thaksin's shiny new Thai passport which was hand-delivered at the height of Thaliand biggest flooding in history, we don't know. Still A&P no longer registered as "Thaksin's lobbyists" has legal ramifications which I do not clearly understand, but which I wouldn't be surprise to heaar to have a relation with this.

Well you did say it would be best to wait until he appears in the USA or not, rather than making assumptions. So lets wait shall we, I'm a patient man, I'm still awaiting abhisits proof that Thaksin met with the leader of Insurgents in the south so you've got to be patient in these things, it's been 3 months since he made those allegations.....................

excellent point. Considering he owns the ///The Thai government that could well be the case. Or one of his other pass ports could be a diplomatic one.

Hahaha. cheesy.gif

Where are or the non believers and denialist now? It seems that he does INDEED have a US visa. This is a disgrace. Unless they plan to arrest his arse on arrival which i doubt very much. Release booth, release booth.clap2.gifclap2.gif

The legal advisor has been caught out nearly as many times as his boss in telling porkies. A mention was made that he would enter England and fly from there to the U S. I have seen no proof that he attended a football match in England a few weeks ago. Both thesae a holes have promised his retun to Thailand over the past few years, that maybe a new destination is another new chapter in the continueing fable.

Well you did say it would be best to wait until he appears in the USA or not, rather than making assumptions. So lets wait shall we, I'm a patient man, I'm still awaiting abhisits proof that Thaksin met with the leader of Insurgents in the south so you've got to be patient in these things, it's been 3 months since he made those allegations.....................

You're correct, assumptions, like k. Thaksin meddling, non-denying "who am I to do so" and no-one even filing a defamation or other criminal case against k. Abhisit c.s.

Still it's not about k. Abhisit, the topic is Thaksin's alleged upcoming trip to the States, A&P no longer registered as Thaksin lobbyists in the States and me wondering about ramifications.

Of course, in another topic you asked me "Nice c & p rubl - but do you have an opinion?". Do you want to go into a discussion of the intrinsic difference between assumptions and opinion as relates to posting ?

Edited by rubl

I thought the US ha tightened its already quite tough visa/ entry system....unless of course you're a convicted fugitive. What a damned hypocritical disgrace....and that goes for the UK too, if the big T really did get in as alleged. Corrupt bar stewards, the lot of them.

• Like 1

You're correct, assumptions, like k. Thaksin meddling, non-denying "who am I to do so" and no-one even filing a defamation or other criminal case against k. Abhisit c.s.

Still it's not about k. Abhisit, the topic is Thaksin's alleged upcoming trip to the States, A&P no longer registered as Thaksin lobbyists in the States and me wondering about ramifications.

Of course, in another topic you asked me "Nice c & p rubl - but do you have an opinion?". Do you want to go into a discussion of the intrinsic difference between assumptions and opinion as relates to posting ?

Assumptions and opinions are on here in abundance - I was just querying why you C & P'd an article and that was it, no text, nothing to explain, nothing? Seemed a fair enough question to ask............

The legal advisor has been caught out nearly as many times as his boss in telling porkies. A mention was made that he would enter England and fly from there to the U S. I have seen no proof that he attended a football match in England a few weeks ago. Both thesae a holes have promised his retun to Thailand over the past few years, that maybe a new destination is another new chapter in the continueing fable.

May I suggest you read this link?

http://www.dailymail...ter-United.html

Here is a photo from that match <snip. Copyright photo>

or this http://www.foxsports...3-1226343391829

or this http://www.daylife.c...?__site=daylife

Edited by craigt3365

Bill Monson might as has been already stated welcome Thaksin with open arms and a writ, could be an interesting state of affairs if such a scenario arose..

If that situation did actually arise how would the current maladministration react, total indiference or political pressure applied ?

Indeed the actions would show very clearly the intent of the powers that be here in Thailand.

Do the rules that applied to Victor Bout and to the Thai defendents in the Film Festival case apply to Thaksin one is inclined to ask, or is there a done deal to ensure legal immunity ?

To be frank Thaksin is so embroiled in double dealing, deceit and fraud and corruption he has perhaps forgotten this little matter and the controversial facts and legal and financial shenigans that surrounded the case here in Thailand.

http://en.wikipedia....lliam_L._Monson

Edited by siampolee

For someone with T's money the visa shouldn't be difficult, US senators aren't that expensive.

I, for one, will be taking note which political figures he'll be meeting with openly. I hope Mitt gives him a warm reception, they can discuss things like who makes the best money-counting machines and other rich guy stuff.

I don't think Pres. O will meet with him. Can't you just picture T saying to him "I heard you are part Thai, is that true?"

wai.gif

• Like 2

After completing his visit to the US, Thaksin will return to China, Noppadon said, adding that his boss was currently in Moscow, but would fly to the United Kingdom today before taking a flight to the US during or after the weekend.

The British Airways site has usefull info on what and how to do when someoe wants to take a flight to the USA

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/usawaiver/public/en_gb

More details with a complimentary pad down here http://www.tsa.gov/

For someone with T's money the visa shouldn't be difficult, US senators aren't that expensive.

I, for one, will be taking note which political figures he'll be meeting with openly. I hope Mitt gives him a warm reception, they can discuss things like who makes the best money-counting machines and other rich guy stuff.

I don't think Pres. O will meet with him. Can't you just picture T saying to him "I heard you are part Thai, is that true?"

wai.gif

Even "T" has standards that he would not fall below......meeting "Pres. O" would be well below those standards.

• Like 1

Still A&P no longer registered as "Thaksin's lobbyists" has legal ramifications which I do not clearly understand, but which I wouldn't be surprise to heaar to have a relation with this.

It could be because of a conflict of interest for K. Thaksin. If he visit the US as an (un)official envoy from Thailand, he can't at the same time be perceived as lobbying the congress for his personal account, that would be a huge conflict of interest.

Edited by JurgenG
  • Like 1

Yes, I have to agree with that.

Don't the US and Thailand have some sort of extradition agreement? Thailand occasionally sends convicted criminals back to the US. It would look really bad if the US didn't reciprocate.

Let's get real. PM Yingluck is Thaksin's self described clone. The current Thai government doesn't want to extradite Thaksin. That is unless Thaksin wants to extradite himself. I am somewhat surprised he got a visa to the U.S. though. I think by allowing Thaksin's visit, the U.S. government is taking sides in a still dangerous internal Thai conflict. I think total neutrality would have been much wiser. I also think Thaksin will use the perceived increased legitimacy gleaned from a U.S. visit to push his obvious goals in Thailand (return, return of money, all charges past present and future dropped). Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2