2013 Kawasaki Ninjette 250 Breaks Cover!

bbradsby

Yeah exactly mania.

But their rear set is nice, love the cross cut and it has all kind of adjustments like lever reach and lenght etc. Besides, you can replace any part of it as it is modular so, if you tip your bike down, you can order the damaged parts only not the whole set.

Edited by loserlazer

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah exactly mania. But their rear set is nice, love the cross cut and it has all kind of adjustements like lever reach and lenght etc. Besides, you can replace any part of it as it is modular so, if you tip your bike down, you can order the damaged parts only not the whole set.

You know those adjustments were the first thing to catch my eye.

Mainly because I wonder if those are too many small screws that could vibrate loose?

I guess once you find your throw you can loctite them

But it is a nice feature having that adjust ability as we all have different size feet smile.png

But I wish I saw more with spring loaded folding tips

RSV makes a nice set too 5000 baht

As does Mazirano 4500 baht

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

All looks better than stock at the end.:lol: looked for a rearset at motorshow but found nothing for cbr500 except 24k! moriwaki rear set

I am using a bikers rearset on my cbr250 and fod 20 k km, no vibrations and it is super tight.

I will leave rearset purchase after songkran.

All looks better than stock at the end.laugh.png looked for a rearset at motorshow but found nothing for cbr500 except 24k! moriwaki rear set I am using a bikers rearset on my cbr250 and fod 20 k km, no vibrations and it is super tight. I will leave rearset purchase after songkran.

Yeah still new but I'm sure all the brand will do sets for the 500 Honda too

Check the wrap job this girl in Bangkok did to her 2013 N250

Started life as a Black ninja. These wraps are coming out nice

& later you can peel them back to stock if you like.

But decals have to come off when wrapping

She also did a under seat twin exhaust

• Like 1

attachicon.gifp0.JPG attachicon.gifp1.jpg attachicon.gifp2.jpg

i really want to check her mania. Where is she staying in Bangkok?biggrin.png

is it it her doing all these mods or his boyfriend or fun club?laugh.png

if it is her doign all these, i really want to meet with her.

Edited by loserlazer

attachicon.gifp0.JPG attachicon.gifp1.jpg attachicon.gifp2.jpg

i really want to check her mania. Where is she staying in Bangkok?biggrin.png

is it it her doing all these mods or his boyfriend or fun club?laugh.png

heheh Yeah they have a club " Snail Rider Thailand " on FB

I did see a pic of a bunch of guys cutting wrap so maybe her club

But it is hers & she rides as I have seen videos

Edited by mania

p0.JPG p1.jpg p2.jpg

i really want to check her mania. Where is she staying in Bangkok?

is it it her doing all these mods or his boyfriend or fun club?

heheh Yeah they have a club " Snail Rider Thailand " on FB

I did see a pic of a bunch of guys cutting wrap so maybe her club

But it is hers & she rides as I have seen videos

Buying a ninja250 to join her club right now then.:lol:

There is nothing more arousing for me than a girl on a sportbike especially a pink one:D

'You meet hot girls on Kawa' sound better than the 'You meet nice people on Honda'!

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

Did she mention where she got it wrapped. I've been thinking about a wrap on one of my bikes for a while but not sure of a place that does a good job on bikes. Any ideas?

PS I'd have to agree with LL, a cute girl on a pink sportsbike and knee length boots is ok with me. Hope Eek doesn't object :)

Did she mention where she got it wrapped. I've been thinking about a wrap on one of my bikes for a while but not sure of a place that does a good job on bikes. Any ideas?

PS I'd have to agree with LL, a cute girl on a pink sportsbike and knee length boots is ok with me. Hope Eek doesn't object smile.png

She didn't but there are many places in Bangkok that are doing even Ferrari's now from what I hear.

So I think if you check some of the high end shops they know.

I think Eek might be surprised after what she said about the girl models at bike shows not being riders.

Because I think this model owns that pink Ninja smile.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Glad i clicked on this thread the second picture of the wrapped bike well not the bike exactly has made my day. ?........hot hot hot a couple of my friends are also down from bangkok rode down on his new goldwing the first one sold by big wing, he has a couple of hot girl rides with him,but cant really take a blatant photo of herand post here....

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...

Looks great mania. I heard good things about devil pipes.

Now all you need is an aftermarket ecu to get the full performance from them.

Did you check if they sell pc 5 in Thailand for ninja 250?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks LL

On PC-V

I have seen some folks selling used so I know they exist

but it would be easy for me to buy in the US & have my son send it via post to me too.

Just reading a bit about the various ones available, PC, Bazazz & Area P/ Fuel Moto

Thanks LL

On PC-V

I have seen some folks selling used so I know they exist

but it would be easy for me to buy in the US & have my son send it via post to me too.

Just reading a bit about the various ones available, PC, Bazazz & Area P/ Fuel Moto

Cool man. Your bike is on its way.

Please inform us about you dig regarding ecus.

What is the estimated performance increase for ninja 250 after pipe, air filter and aftermarket ecu?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

mania the pipe fits well to the bike nice angle, not too big not too small this is how a aftermarket pipe should look like. When i still had a cbr250 i wasnt able to find a good looking pipe at all.

• Like 1

mania the pipe fits well to the bike nice angle, not too big not too small this is how a aftermarket pipe should look like. When i still had a cbr250 i wasnt able to find a good looking pipe at all.

Thanks &

Funny you mention that as it was a selling point for me on the Devil.

Many cans are just too big & not what I wanted.

Edited by mania

Cool man. Your bike is on its way.

Please inform us about you dig regarding ecus.

What is the estimated performance increase for ninja 250 after pipe, air filter and aftermarket ecu?

Yeah sometimes fun to tinker around a bit.

Power estimates I am not sure as it is harder to see dyno's for this model now that most

of the world is running the N300

I did see alias post a dyno of just his pipe & showing about 2.75hp gain for pipe alone.

He said no air filter was changed for the dyno just the pipe.

So not bad at 11% bump for just pipe.

After I am all sorted I may go see if Big Wing here is running their dyno yet just out of curiosity.

I would like to get a few more rides in as the first two were kind of surprising & I would like to see

how the top end has changed as well.

Was too busy today but hopefully tomorrow or later today,

• Like 1

Did get a couple more rides in.

Impressions are that the pipe & filter change did give

quite a decent boost in perceived power. ( As no dyno done )

Mainly in the mid-range being most noticeable.

It seemed as if the transmission had been changed to a close ratio setup as it quickly

topped each gear much faster than before.

Nicer on some the hills here that have tight switchbacks & just more peppy

in the mid gears.

Top end improvements were there but harder to judge as I just did not have the open roads.

I will say 160kph came up much quicker or as soon as I clicked into 6th after

taking 5th to near redline.

All that aside yesterday I removed the pipe & sold it today on a Thai ninja site.

Sold quickly as it is a well regarded pipe & I knocked off a couple thousand baht

for the experiment.

I must be getting old because the noise was ultimately too much for me & bordered on obnoxious IMHO

I like to ride & the places I ride are beautiful mountain roads that are nice, fast & twisty.

The racket from this pipe just really took away more than it gave to my riding pleasure.

I am not kidding at one point I passed a Thai couple on a bike riding the Samoeng loop

who were holding a sleeping child between them.

The look on their face drove home what I already knew smile.png

On a track no problem. But this pipe was just too loud for me on these nice mountain roads.

aside from that couple I passed I am pretty sure the folks who live on those roads would not mind not hearing

this racket either smile.png

I have said before that this bike has a very nice exhaust tone with the stock exhaust.

Especially when using engine braking & the whir of the straight cut gears sings down mountain passes.

A very pleasing tone & not at all obnoxious.

Yes there was a performance gain but the price for what it was IMO was just too high for me.

YMMV wink.png

Edited by mania

man, is it really that loud?

Also i noticed, ninja 250s are getting louder than many other bikes sometime with more displacement when an aftermarket pipe is on. It might be the characteristics of the engine i am not sure.

And i can understand you fully. It was hard for me to ride especially long rides with the aftermarket pipe drone of cbr250. Even though i am younger than you, it was too much for me as well.

So, do the pipe has a baffle? Maybe you can modify the baffle to kill more noise?

Nice set up Mania.

You know what you need to finish it off, some seat recovering. Probably only 500b or so to have them covered in a much less shiny, plasticky, matte material, perhaps with red stitching alone the brim.

Either way it's looking great.

• Like 1

last year we took out my friends catalytic convertor on his pre 2013 N250..he reported better, more effortless acceleration after 150kph.

cost 400 baht...if your interested, i can point the shop out or take you there, provided the cat is still in the same place on the 2013.

Was only slightly louder and can easily be rewelded back into place.

****Nevermind...the cat appears to have changed locations with an O2 bung hanging out of it, surface area appears to have doubled though, which is probably a good thing for flow.****

Edited by KRS1
  • Like 1

man, is it really that loud?

Also i noticed, ninja 250s are getting louder than many other bikes sometime with more displacement when an aftermarket pipe is on. It might be the characteristics of the engine i am not sure.

And i can understand you fully. It was hard for me to ride especially long rides with the aftermarket pipe drone of cbr250. Even though i am younger than you, it was too much for me as well.

So, do the pipe has a baffle? Maybe you can modify the baffle to kill more noise?

Yeah the pipe had what they call a DB killer which is a very small change of a perf pipe of sorts.

But basically you can see thru the can if you look before installing so you know it is going to be loud

You know also it does depend on bikes.

A N250 lives between 10 & 13,000 rpm so that can get loud with a straight can no matter the brand.

It is a trade off for sure. Anything that will muffle the sound will also restrict the exit flow

Took a long ride of about 360km today with the wife.

Beautiful ride towards Chiang Rai & then up to Phayao

The section from Wang Nua to Phayao is extra fun!

During the ride I did notice the difference of not having the pipe.

Again mainly in the mid range rev speeds. I would have to say with the pipe is not faster per se' but quicker

due to the better acceleration mid range.

Will see if something comes out for it that is less restrictive but not so loud. If not this is fine & at the end of a

day it will always be a 250 right? ;)

last year we took out my friends catalytic convertor on his pre 2013 N250..he reported better, more effortless acceleration after 150kph.

cost 400 baht...if your interested, i can point the shop out or take you there, provided the cat is still in the same place on the 2013.

Was only slightly louder and can easily be rewelded back into place.

****Nevermind...the cat appears to have changed locations with an O2 bung hanging out of it, surface area appears to have doubled though, which is probably a good thing for flow.****

Actually I have seen some guys gut the cat on the 300 which is the same pipe.

Just cut & dig the cat material out then re-weld

Nice set up Mania.

You know what you need to finish it off, some seat recovering. Probably only 500b or so to have them covered in a much less shiny, plasticky, matte material, perhaps with red stitching alone the brim.

Either way it's looking great.

Thanks & yes I have seen some nice seat jobs like you describe.

I wouldn't mind especially at that price.

Also, On the longer rides like today the seat could use some help.

Maybe a firmer denser padding? But yeah a nice cover like Corbin style would be a nice touch

Edited by mania

Just got done putting the rearset adapters on.

Nice product. Took about an hour because you need to tinker a bit with the shift linkage

to get it how you want it.

The only thing I did not like are the screw heads of the screws supplied to bolt the plates to the bike should be

larger diameter like the rest. I will buy 4 from Kawasaki

You can see in the 2nd pic they need them to look right & fill the plate head recess.

Like all the rest right? wink.png

This shot with one side done shows the front to rear difference but not the height.

Looking forward to trying them on a nice ride.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You know hindsight? ;)

I really wish that Devil was not so dang loud

Yesterday was riding Samoeng Loop & had a place on the highway coming back that I had
wound up that Devil pipe before & can see now it did make quite a large clear difference.
The midrange was much stronger pulling & top end was quick to reach too.

Not a slight difference either but a pretty dang large one.
heheheh ahhhhhhh hindsight but it was waaaay loud

On the good side it did show what potential is there to be had.

Will look around & see what comes available at what db's

But unrestricted exhausts which give good power gains is usually like that Devil

Good name for that pipe

:lol:

Also I have been having a talk with Kerry the president/owner of Area P No Limits in the USA.

We have been talking about his FI controller & he said should I decide to get one he would take a personal

interest in working with me on some maps as they have no Ninja 250 for 2013 in the USA being all 300's

So that is a tempting offer too.

• Like 1