2013 Kawasaki Ninjette 250 Breaks Cover!

bbradsby

Glad someone who is a better rider than confirmed what I had been saying since getting the RaceTech springs.

I have Galfer brake lines on mine and it makes two finger braking super easy. Also really easy to lock up the rear with my big clumsy feet.

Oh 100% big improvement I agree!

The handling is night & day.

Like you brakes are my next upgrades

SS lines & HH pads for sure

May later upgrade front caliper but will try lines & pads first.

Give us a heads up on those HH pads as I'm embarrassed to admit that I'm still running on stock ones...but than again it is easy to grab a initial 'big handful' and then modulate proper amount of force with these. The fact I am pretty slow through the mountains is also a factor in them being good enough for me up to now.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Macknife,

One of our Coocase customer instested to install a Coocase topcase on his Z250 but we're unable to find the rack for this new model ninja. Can you share where did you buy the rack and how much it cost?

Thanks wai2.gif

Mania, I think Indo only got the plain colours last year so apart from the 'bronze' looking one it looks like kawa have just added decals.

I got a rear rack and top box for mine. I had to get the rack specially made as no one had one for the 'new' ninja. I don't plan to leave it like this all the time but just so I can put it on if I need to go travelling.
attachicon.gif2013-07-17 18.03.02.jpg attachicon.gif2013-07-17 18.03.27.jpgattachicon.gif2013-07-17 18.02.42.jpgattachicon.gif2013-07-17 18.03.12.jpg

Hi Macknife,

One of our Coocase customer instested to install a Coocase topcase on his Z250 but we're unable to find the rack for this new model ninja. Can you share where did you buy the rack and how much it cost?

Thanks wai2.gif

Mania, I think Indo only got the plain colours last year so apart from the 'bronze' looking one it looks like kawa have just added decals.

I got a rear rack and top box for mine. I had to get the rack specially made as no one had one for the 'new' ninja. I don't plan to leave it like this all the time but just so I can put it on if I need to go travelling.

attachicon.gif2013-07-17 18.03.02.jpg attachicon.gif2013-07-17 18.03.27.jpgattachicon.gif2013-07-17 18.02.42.jpgattachicon.gif2013-07-17 18.03.12.jpg

I've sent you a PM.

• Like 1

Just found this obviously little bit older thread here.

Just to letting you know... You better NEVER BUY ANY KAWASAKI in Thailand or MADE in THAILAND... poor framework and if you ever

experience ANY problem with your bike, your local dealer will just SMILE but do NOTHING...

If you are trying to contact Kawasaki Factory or anything about Kawasaki, GOOD LUCK...

my stand broke after a year, new KLX125 motobike parked and suddenly it fell down in slow motion... Kawasaki refused to repair, sent me to a velding company...now after 8 month stand broke out of the frame again, If velded again the hole will be bigger next time... Its just a production fault

check out the pics and THINK TWICE before buying any Kawasaki

IMGP0001.JPG

IMGP0002.JPG

sorry, no idea why the pictures are so huge here :)

Really? Until today I thought I am the only one...

Do you remember where you read something about others having the same or similar problems?

would be very helpfull.

I understand that everything today is about costs and benefit, but when it comes to Motobike Frames it comes to security...

Japan is NO 1 in the world when it comes to precautions.... I wonder if they have giving it up by producing frames in Thailand

i remember some others also experienced weak welding on klx 250s and some other models.

we might see more of this problem when kawa models gets old.

Do you remember where you read something about others having the same or similar problems?

would be very helpfull.

I understand that everything today is about costs and benefit, but when it comes to Motobike Frames it comes to security...

Japan is NO 1 in the world when it comes to precautions.... I wonder if they have giving it up by producing frames in Thailand

i remember some others also experienced weak welding on klx 250s and some other models.

i found this but i remember more.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/605331-klx-250-frame-break/

would be very helpfull.

i found this but i remember more.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/605331-klx-250-frame-break/

THANK you very much II2,

just checked the picture out... looks absolutely dangerous.

Imagine you go fast on a road and your frame breaks like this...you are dead sad.png

I have no idea where KAWASAKI is having a problem here but good to know

i am not the only one...

managed to upload a little bit smaller picture

post-31221-0-66587300-1378382159_thumb.j

yes, it is dangerous but one in ten thousand these can happen. I am sure this happens sometime to other manufacturers as well.

Of course, it really sounds bad and kawa maybe needs to be more careful on the manufacturing processes.

good luck.

• 1 month later...

I can only say one word:

WOW!

Great mods man. I am sure you now every single inch of a ninja 250 and you love your bike.

And a great power gain.

I wonder if the swingarm can fit cbr250 as both bikes use nearly the same stock swingarm.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hello LL,

did you see this http://www.bahtsold.com/view/honda-cbr250r-and-new-aluminium-swing-arm-for-sale-151651?doqs=1

Have a safe ride,

Go

• Like 1

If you do some googling - you will also see broken KTM frames, broken Yamaha frames, broken Honda frames....etc

Not telling you that you don't have a problem, I am just saying that Kawasakis are not the only ones.

I'm not an engineer, but from what I remember of your initial posts there is no way that anything other than some serious metal fatigue could have caused what happened in the way that you described. Really odd, as I am sure that 99.9% of all frame brakes would be from impact??

Anyway, I personally would have gone straight to Kawasaki HQ on Rama 9 and parked my bike out the front with a large note in Thai explaining what had happened, and then timed how long it took to get some proper service. This is more difficult when you don't live in BKK of course.

FWIW don't forget that Kawasaki's parent company is the biggest out there. They make bullet trains etc, so they know what they are doing.

It just seems like there was a bad batch of something with the production and I would be surprised if there weren't some others out there in a similar position.

Hope you can get it sorted!