Does Anyone Recognise This Law Office?

tuky

Like the title says, is this a real Law office?

Law and Business Office.

Phangmuang Ko Rd, Patong, Kathu, Phuket.?

I have received an email from them, it was sent at 1am and is very very poor quality.

Which makes me think it is a wind-up, a scare tactic.

If not, then they must be some kind of back yard operation?

oops, edited to say Thanks...:)

Edited by tuky

It says I have to pay someone who apparently lives in Chon Buri 100k per month 'alimony' for the next 15 years.

I have never been to Phuket, but I do know the person in question.

I am not worried about it, but I just want to know if this mob realy exists or if it is just a piss take.

If they really exist (google offers no answers) then I will decide whether to ignore the letter or engage my own lawyer to counter.

I don't believe there is any need to worry, I mean look at the Thai legal system, Thaksin is on the run yet running the country, killer cops condemned to death are set free.

I think this person has just sent me a letter thinking I will sh1t myself, not knowing that I don't really care.

However, I would like to know if this mob really does exist.

Ok...This is interesting. I just called the number for the hell of it, late at night and all and I asked for the lawyer. Reaction? Owh is this khun Tuky kha?

I mean how the heck did they know that the only phone call would be me?

I was asked to call back in 30 minutes.

What a strange situation.

I did live in Thailand for 6 years (on a 6 and 2 rotation) and I was a mod on TV for many years.

I thought I knew all about everything Thai.

Tonight suprised me.

I just spoke to my soon to be ex-wifes lawyer (I assume) and I am sure she came on to me. Could I be mistaken?

Didn't your ex get about 3 houses from you?

Now she wants more!

hehe yes mate, now it seems she is trying to sue me for 100k a month alimony, whatever that is. I think alimony is an american thing right?

Sometimes I think I should chase my rightful 50% of the houses, it would come out to several hundred thousand dollars, perhaps half a mill.

But it just doesn't feel right, there are kids involved and the houses are their nest egg.

So, even though I spoke to this woman, does anyone know if this is a real law firm?

So, even though I spoke to this woman, does anyone know if this is a real law firm?

I'll have a look later on today. I know the road but have you got a street number. It's a long long road.

246/5

If it is a drama please dont go out of your way. The whole thing will play out the way it will play out.

But thanks so much LivinginKata.

I was under the impression that Thailand did not had an alimony system except where this is voluntarily agreed between the partners.

Do you have children which are recognized by you ( your name on the birth certificate ) ?

Maybe the 100 K is supposed to be child support which would be way to much as normally only around 5-8 K is agreed on. ( what i know from some friends who pay this )

But i believe that the child support has to be done via court and is not standard like in some European country's.