Beer In Hua Hin Today ...

smileplur

Is beer going to be available for purchase in hotels, restaurants or pubs at all today in Hua Hin. We are making the trip down to Hua Hin in a few minutes by minivan from Victory Monument. It'd be nice to have a few beers tonight. The hotel advised me that they won't be serving any alcohol. I should bring by own for the fridge. Any information out there?

Cheers! I don't need a lecture about having a day without drinking. I'm going with my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday and numerous other positive things that have happened in our lives recently. This is the first time we have been able to get out of Bangkok in quite some time. We just want to enjoy ourselves as much as possible.

all the bars i have seen have been closed or dry today mate...... though i have seen a couple of restaurants with people sitting with bottles of whiskey and sodas

the lady at the bottom of soi 102 is selling her moonshine / lao kao type brews..... the one with frogs in looks quite nice for 10B a shot

According to the Bangkok Post article I read a couple of days ago on another section of this forum alcohol was banned nationwide both Thursday and Friday with a 10k baht fine for serving, but according to the article Hotel restaurants were exempt. That probably meant the big hotels with a restaurant inside and not guest houses that are really more of a bar (entire first floor) that a hotel with a restaurant.

As usual, if you get away from downtown on these holidays, having a drink is not usually a problem. I went to lunch on Thursday with friends in an open air restaurant a couple of kilometers west of Phetkasem road and just south of Market Village (so not near downtown) and we sat and drank beers for 3 hours after lunch in full view of the soi but they would only bring it in a glass and not leave bottles sitting on the table.

Edited by hhfarang