Decent Gym In Thonburi?

bonobo

Now that it looks like CaliWow has finally kicked the bucket, does anyone have any recommendations for a gym in Thonburi? I can exercise at a good gym on Sathorn, and that is fine for the weekend, but it really just is too much of a drive after work on weekdays.

I checked out the Fitness First at the Mall Bang Khae, but to be honest, I was not impressed. It looked good, but they did not have the variety and even quality of equipment I need.

I need free weights, a fly machine, a Smith machine for squats, and recumbent bike. (Yes, I know a Smith machine is not that good for squats, but without a spotter, I feel safer using it as long as I don't push the weight up too high.)

Phetkasem would be my first choice, but really anywhere in Thonburi would work. On Wednesday, I was able to get to Saphan Taksin from work in 50 minutes, but from there to the gym I can use took me an additional hour and five minutes. And then it was an hour and 20 minutes to get home after. So really, anywhere on the THonburi side of the river would fit the bill.

It depends on the budget you'd like to allocate and how far you are ready to go to workout.

I often suggest Fitness First Platinium at Lumpini MRT station. You just need to interchange at Sala Daeng BTS/Silom MRT station. It takes about 30 mn to get there from Wong Wian Yiai.

How about fitness first at the mall thapra?

Thapra and mall Bang Khae is the same shopping center but different names, if i'm not mistaken.

Bottom line: Fitness First is a direct competitor of CalWow. As I understand, bonobo is looking for a better gym than basic ones.

How about fitness first at the mall thapra?

Thapra and mall Bang Khae is the same shopping center but different names, if i'm not mistaken.

Bottom line: Fitness First is a direct competitor of CalWow. As I understand, bonobo is looking for a better gym than basic ones.

I haven't checked out the Fitness First at the Mall Thapra, but I was not impressed with the one at the Mall Bang Khae.

I checked out a tiny gym near Major Pinklao on Saturday. It was a good weightlifting gym and only 150 baht per day, but the cardio was somewhat lacking. It might make sense to use that after work on weekdays, though, and then go to the JUSMAG gym on weekends when traffic isn't so bad driving to Sathorn.

I also checked out another one past Central Pinklao by about 500 meters. The machines and cardio offerings were impressive, but the free weights were amazingly inadequate.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

I'm just about to start working in Bangbon at a school. I don't know the area at all, but i'm looking for a gym..just something with weights pretty much..no one at the school seems to know anywhere...does anyone know of any at all...i've found one or two on google but they don't have a proper website, or directions etc