Condo Fees

pbrane

Hello people:

I'm researching the economics of living in a condo in Pattaya or Jomtien or maybe Rayong, and would like to know what typical condo fees (monthly) are like. Also, unless you prefer to not answer to stay anonymous, tell me which building or complex or project you're referring to.

Also, any comments regarding how quiet these buildings are would be great. (can you hear everything your neighbor does etc?)

Thanks alot!

pb

Hello people:

I'm researching the economics of living in a condo in Pattaya or Jomtien or maybe Rayong, and would like to know what typical condo fees (monthly) are like. Also, unless you prefer to not answer to stay anonymous, tell me which building or complex or project you're referring to.

Also, any comments regarding how quiet these buildings are would be great. (can you hear everything your neighbor does etc?)

Thanks alot!

pb

In View Talay 2 A/B the annual fee is B3600 for a studio of 37/41 square metres, I'm not sure if it's the same for the larger 60/65sqm units. I believe it's the same per unit in View Talay 1 A/B.

Center Condo is about B100 per square metre per year.

pb

In View Talay 2 A/B the annual fee is B3600 for a studio of 37/41 square metres, I'm not sure if it's the same for the larger 60/65sqm units. I believe it's the same per unit in View Talay 1 A/B.

Thanks for the numbers...but that seems really low. I would have guessed it would be more like $us30/month to maybe $us60/month. Are you talking about taxes? If they're really that low, it's great. And what does it cover? Usually the fee will cover things like security; and common area electricity, insurance, upkeep, garbage etc. and maybe pool and gym use.

pb

pb

Thanks for the numbers...but that seems really low. I would have guessed it would be more like $us30/month to maybe $us60/month. Are you talking about taxes? If they're really that low, it's great. And what does it cover? Usually the fee will cover things like security; and common area electricity, insurance, upkeep, garbage etc. and maybe pool and gym use.

pb

Just something you should think about when it comes to charges for condo monthly or annual fees.

Its quality that’s important not so much the cost.

They can charge you what they like for services at the condo building, but do they spend that money on the running and up keep of the place? Sometimes not, it just goes into the back pocket.

You need to find a few things out like, are the security people there all the time, are the lifts serviced, is the pool cleaned, are the light bulbs changed when blown.

are the grounds kept in good order, is the building fumigated for cockroaches a few times a year. Is the road kept in good order, is the building maintained.

This is to mention just a few of the things your fees should pay for.

If you walk around condos block with crap all over the place, lights not working

no one giving a toss who comes in at night. Would you still be happy to pay 3600 per year for that. I would not.

You also need all the people to pay the fees each month or year, not just the xpats.

So in all its very important to know where the money goes.

Have a nice day.

pb

It's usually proportional with number of payers and amenities that have to be maintained.

One of very beautiful buildings in North Pattaya charges 9000B per month for a 90sqm 2 bedroom unit. There could be 60 apartments in the building, compared to 880 units in View Talay.

I know of many people who are paying about 500 baht a month for their condo fees. that's about 6000 baht a year total.

heard some horror stories...

in many condo developments, people don't pay their condo fees, and the condo association doesn't do anything in the way of legal recourse to get these people to pay their share. as a result, only a few fair-minded condo owners get held with supporting the maintenance fees for the whole complex.

also, most condos have an emergency fund setup with money that you fund it with at the time you buy the condo. it has been discovered that some developers abuse this fund for their own personal use.

..like for example, taking money out of this fund to "fill" in the fees not being paid by "deadbeat" condo owners. nobody knows what is going on until the "emergency fund" setup for fixing permanent fixtures is depleted.

..then, and only then, will condo owners be made aware of the illegal use of the funds. this is usually many years after the condo has been completed.

this actually happened to one of my buddies who bought into a prestigious condo on sathorn, it was reported "sold" out. anyway, the fact was that the developer kept like 20% of the condos for later sale. the condo fee is based on full occupancy where each unit is expected to pay a specific amount. well, the developer with the 20% "unsold" units didn't pay the condo fees for his "unsold" units. he took the money from the "emergency fund" each month to pay his share. the other condo owners never knew what was going on.

3 years later, they found out what the guy was doing because he reported that the emergency fund was almost depleted. ..can you imagine that?

moral of the story. beware, the buyer.

Siam Penthouse III

older Beachfront condo S0i 16 Naklua

I pay about B2000/month condo fees. 64 sq/m unit. Seems high compared to other condos but the place is maintained very well. A complete exterior paint job was in progress a couple of years ago and they are constantly doing projects to maintain the property.

The owners also have annual meetings, with copies of the minutes to all owners, and agressivley pusue owners who don't pay.

Many condo developers in Thailand see the maintenance as "a nice little earner"

and are loathe to hand over to an owners association. See the report in yesterdays

Bk Post re the large condo in Rama 4, Bangkok.

The other problem is that the

Thai condo owners do not believe in maintenance, their assumption is that they

will be richer next year and will move to a brand new building, :o:D:D

Hmmmm.

Naka.

I think that the service fee for the new Raimon Land development "Northshore" is 45baht per square meter per month - which will make it one of the most expensive condo's in the area, if not the most expensive. Basically a 100 sq m condo is going to cost around 4500 baht a month.

I live in Mark-Land, soi 1, 45 sq m. condo. Maintenance fees are B7,500 per annum. Includes good security, use of pool and gym, dedicated staff for the condo owners/renters, and good maintenance. The buiding was completely repainted last year, and new sets of corridor lights have recently been installed.

Mark-Land, however, is more of a condotel. Around half the rooms are hotel rooms (mainly for Chinese/Taiwanese groups), so they have to keep the maintenance up for these. And I half suspect that the hotel room fees subsidise our maintenance charges.

I confirm it is 3600B per year for maintinence in View Talay Jomtien Condominium 1 per unit. I see things generally very well maintained.

There is a lot of corruption happening in a lot of buildings. I pay 1,100B/m maintinence in Bangkok for a 72sqm condo without any pool or any other facilities. Building badly needs a paint job and so many things.