Teeth Whitening - Pattaya

HedKeeQuai

Also take care if you have visible fillings in front. You'll have to match the color of the whitening with the color of the filling or it will look awful. In other words, a good chance you'll need to remove such fillings and replace for cosmetic reasons. Overall a high maintenance thing. Once you get started and you have matching issues, you're kind of stuck, kind of like hair dying.

Edited by Jingthing

If anyone has had a good experience I would also like to know. Looking at a clean, polish and whitening package. Had the whitening done in the UK when I had a small chip in my front tooth filled, £400 it cost I think for the bleach gel and gum shields to be made. Found the exact same bleach gel by the same company on ebay for £60 later on but would much prefer laser as the bleach made my teeth so sensitive.

BPH is the best and least painful of all i have tried

had it done 6 times at 4 different places

How much did it cost you?

it should have been 18.000 but it was on offer at 14,999

it was a system with Blue in the name, i forget the exact branding

costs change frequently there, but enquire and if it seems expensive have a bid at it

cash always speaks loudly at BPH......

you could bleech yourself at 35% peroxide

according to my dentist

all the dentists do is simply speed up the process

I can't imagine that anyone would recommend using a 35% solution of hydrogen peroxide. From what I understand, it burns skin, and would be very painful in one's mouth. Further, if it was accidentally swallowed could cause serious internal damage. Using a standard 3% solution is common and safe (but still don't swallow any of it). I have been using a combination of some sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) with my toothpaste most days and occasionally rinsing with a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide, and it has helped to whiten my teeth. This method is slow, but extremely economical and safe.

BUT SERIOUSLY, investigate further using 35% hydrogen peroxide orally before doing so. With no insult intended to deejah or his/her dentist, I really think that there is a bit of a misunderstanding here.

I had this Laser treatment done at one of the clinics on Pattaya Klang 2 years ago. it cost me the eq of 200 UK pounds and this included 7 cosmetic fillings. Sorry I do not remember which one....I know it was a Lady boy receptionist though ???

A friend in the UK had the treatment at the same time in the UK and it was 800 pounds.

The only problem is if you drink coffee tea and Coke you soon go back down the white scale....

The dentist had a scale of 01 to 12 - the top end being like a Hollywood movie star or Freddie Mercury teeth.....I was advised to go from a 6 to a 10 max for a realistic look. At the time it was done they looked great but now 2 years later no matter how much I scrub it they are 8 at best...too much Coffee Tea and Coke....and it is not advised to get this treatment done again as the Enamil is is actually damaged. and you can end up with very sensitive teeth. I was under the laser for 50 minutes and was pleased overall with the results.

I would shop arround and check out the dentist before going ahead....I have heard that one of the best cosmetic dentists is based in the Welcome Hotel at the end of Soi Welcome off Jomtien Beach...

Hope this helps

It depends on the each person but any honnest dentist should warn people that they MIGHT feel pain with hot and cold drinks maybe forever after bleaching...

You should consider bleaching something at high risk and do it as late as possible in your life...

deejah ..

you are close to the correct upper concentration. When I retired from dental supply sales, the upper limit then was a 30% gel .... not a solution. There has to be control of where the hydrogen peroxide is placed.

There is also carbamide (sp) gel, but that breaks down to hydrogen peroxide in the mouth. You will need to have impressions of your mouth made and the resulting soft trays (almost like mouthguards) are then relieved

to leave space for the gel in the areas where you want the gel to be in contact with the teeth to be bleached. The trays go home with you to be used again whenever you want to have a `touch-up'. Once a year or 2 ...

I personally would avoid any light activated process. It works ... but the possible damage is what I want to avoid. Brite Smile and Zoom can be very dangerous if the 400 nanometer Blue light is not properly aimed to

avoid any skin contact or the skin has not been isolated ... severe `Sunburn' and the same for a `laser' treatment. Both systems still use a bleaching gel and the purpose of the `light' is to greatly speed the bleaching process

thru the heat generated by the gel's reaction to the `light'. The heat is also transfered to the pulp (nerve) of the tooth. Sometimes resulting in pain after the treatment (same pain if the person is sensitive to a 30% gel, a 10% is

available for home use). When done properly, either `light' or `laser' process is safe and works very well - with properly trained operators. I personally use the the home tray system and I do a `touch-up' about every 2

years. Just enough to match the 4 Upper Anterior Crowns - they can not be bleached and will be `pitted' by the bleach if it comes in contact with the porcelain crown. I bleach my 2 upper cuspids and the lower 8 anteriors.

I buy -1- 30% syringe of bleaching gel (I try to buy Colgate Brand) as I know what to expect and Colgate has a slight buffering agent for sensitive teeth (or it did have it in 2007 - when I retired). I get 2 treatments from the

one syringe, wearing the trays for about an hour each time (even though I know the bleach is depleted in a half hour).

If your teeth have a `yellow' shading (not yellow stain), then you are an excellent candidate for bleaching. If your teeth have a `gray' shading, don't even bother. It will be a long frustrating and maybe painful process to show

little or no results. Yellow teeth are much easier to bleach.

Hope this helps ............... sorry for the long 1 sentence ....

wallyc

deejah ..

you are close to the correct upper concentration. When I retired from dental supply sales, the upper limit then was a 30% gel .... not a solution. There has to be control of where the hydrogen peroxide is placed.

There is also carbamide (sp) gel, but that breaks down to hydrogen peroxide in the mouth. You will need to have impressions of your mouth made and the resulting soft trays (almost like mouthguards) are then relieved

to leave space for the gel in the areas where you want the gel to be in contact with the teeth to be bleached. The trays go home with you to be used again whenever you want to have a `touch-up'. Once a year or 2 ...

I personally would avoid any light activated process. It works ... but the possible damage is what I want to avoid. Brite Smile and Zoom can be very dangerous if the 400 nanometer Blue light is not properly aimed to

avoid any skin contact or the skin has not been isolated ... severe `Sunburn' and the same for a `laser' treatment. Both systems still use a bleaching gel and the purpose of the `light' is to greatly speed the bleaching process

thru the heat generated by the gel's reaction to the `light'. The heat is also transfered to the pulp (nerve) of the tooth. Sometimes resulting in pain after the treatment (same pain if the person is sensitive to a 30% gel, a 10% is

available for home use). When done properly, either `light' or `laser' process is safe and works very well - with properly trained operators. I personally use the the home tray system and I do a `touch-up' about every 2

years. Just enough to match the 4 Upper Anterior Crowns - they can not be bleached and will be `pitted' by the bleach if it comes in contact with the porcelain crown. I bleach my 2 upper cuspids and the lower 8 anteriors.

I buy -1- 30% syringe of bleaching gel (I try to buy Colgate Brand) as I know what to expect and Colgate has a slight buffering agent for sensitive teeth (or it did have it in 2007 - when I retired). I get 2 treatments from the

one syringe, wearing the trays for about an hour each time (even though I know the bleach is depleted in a half hour).

If your teeth have a `yellow' shading (not yellow stain), then you are an excellent candidate for bleaching. If your teeth have a `gray' shading, don't even bother. It will be a long frustrating and maybe painful process to show

wallyc

nicely done thanks

i checked and yes it is 35%

opalesence brand

and for those that doubt how well bleaching and trays might work for them

i can still see a diff between uppers (bleached years ago) and lowers not bleached

you mentioned something about pits and damage

should i be concerned?

not sure i followed completely

The bleach I used was optident, cost me £400 from the dentist to have the gum shields made and 1 or 2 boxes of gel (4 syringes in each). Later went on ebay and got the exact same gel, same brand same everything for £30.

I still see its on there today, I think I was on 15% as my teeth got sensitive from using the stronger version.

So is laser pretty pointless then? I didnt know they still used gel for laser treatment and didnt realise it could cause a lot of pain.

deejah ..

wallyc

nicely done thanks

opalesence brand

i can still see a diff between uppers (bleached years ago) and lowers not bleached

should i be concerned?

My mention of `pitting' .... having the bleaching gel come in contact with a porcelain crown - will probably `etch' the porcelain leaving a `pitted' appearance. The trays that were made for you have not been adjusted to allow room for the gel where there are porcelain crowns, they have been adjusted to allow room for the gel to be in contact with the teeth to be bleached and hopefully no room for the bleach to come in contact with the gingival tissue (gums) - they will turn white to show you that you have bleached your tissue as well as the teeth .. can be a little painful and I have forgotten the antidote .... will return to proper color in a few days (or hours ... depending)

Beaching treatments, using whatever equipment to speed the procedure, by trained personnel should be safe and routine. I have no problem with that ... just pointing out what can happen when people are not trained. And the end result of either a light system or a at home tray system is the same. Light systems are faster and I feel the tray systems are a lot safer.

Seems to me that the 1 hour laser treatment required a 2 hour appointment .... the first hour or so is preparing you for the treatment. Isolating all tissue so there is no chance there will be any burning of your tissue .... ask for a demo before have a treatment ... this is not England or the USA or Canada or Australia .... this is Pattaya .....

• Like 1

deejah ..

wallyc

nicely done thanks

opalesence brand

should i be concerned?

My mention of `pitting' .... having the bleaching gel come in contact with a porcelain crown - will probably `etch' the porcelain leaving a `pitted' appearance. The trays that were made for you have not been adjusted to allow room for the gel where there are porcelain crowns, they have been adjusted to allow room for the gel to be in contact with the teeth to be bleached and hopefully no room for the bleach to come in contact with the gingival tissue (gums) - they will turn white to show you that you have bleached your tissue as well as the teeth .. can be a little painful and I have forgotten the antidote .... will return to proper color in a few days (or hours ... depending)

Beaching treatments, using whatever equipment to speed the procedure, by trained personnel should be safe and routine. I have no problem with that ... just pointing out what can happen when people are not trained. And the end result of either a light system or a at home tray system is the same. Light systems are faster and I feel the tray systems are a lot safer.

Seems to me that the 1 hour laser treatment required a 2 hour appointment .... the first hour or so is preparing you for the treatment. Isolating all tissue so there is no chance there will be any burning of your tissue .... ask for a demo before have a treatment ... this is not England or the USA or Canada or Australia .... this is Pattaya .....

i have porcelain upper crowns

i guess i dont know what pitting is

holes or groves in the crowns?

seriously noticeable???

that can not be a good thing

i wonder why my dentist did not warn me about this

he put in some crowns