flightest

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's not what I'm disagreeing with.

I disagree that sex tourists can't get women in their own counties. That accusation could be leveled at anyone with a Thai partner.

I disagree that that is all they are here for. Believe it or not, they also come for the beaches, food etc. etc.

They have a normal holiday, but, at night they are certain to score. Nothing wrong in that.

“They have a normal holiday”

Normal’...hee, hee, I like that one. cheesy.gif

is it only patong thats alcohol ban 25/26 August 1/2 sept or the whole of the island

Don't worry. Just get a stubby cooler and a pack of peanuts like this quality tourist outside the 7/11.

Wiset Rd has such oddities on a daily basis.

That's a big stubby! Someone might want to tell this guy to buy the days before so he won't be denied his favourite viewing/drinking spot.

is it only patong thats alcohol ban 25/26 August 1/2 sept or the whole of the island

Don't worry. Just get a stubby cooler and a pack of peanuts like this quality tourist outside the 7/11.

That's a big stubby! Someone might want to tell this guy to buy the days before so he won't be denied his favourite viewing/drinking spot.

I was hoping it was PeterCallen

The sex tourist are a big part of the tourism numbers, and tourism dollars, for Phuket.

For every Tourist area in Thailand.

I suspect 80% of all males coming to Thailand are unaccompanied by a partner.

Based on what? Your experience?

I would say 80% is slightly high. I would put it at around 70%, based on my observations onboard the flights I have been on to Phuket Airport (and there have been many) and the que at immigration, especially when I have had to wait a long time, and the passengers of other planes have joined the que.

A lot of males between 20 and 50 - unaccompanied by women. Are they ALL sex tourist, who knows, but on any given night there are thousands of western males in the beer bars and nightclubs on the island, with most being in the market for sex - another observation.

Yes, these people are tourists to Phuket as well.

It's not my "experience" - it's my "observations."

The sex tourist are a big part of the tourism numbers, and tourism dollars, for Phuket.

For every Tourist area in Thailand.

I suspect 80% of all males coming to Thailand are unaccompanied by a partner.

Based on what? Your experience?

Taken into account that the vast majority of the tourists here are Chinese, always with families and and other Asians, quite often with families, those numbers are ridiculous. Look around you and don't just focus on the white males, becoming a smaller and smaller part of the tourist population here, and even for that group the 80% is way, way overdone.

Next time you are on a plane to Phuket, just have a look at the ratio of men to women onboard.

Obviously, you were playing truant during maths and science classes.

You cannot extrapolate from a single flight you were on.

If you were on a Jetstar flight from Australia, they may well be a high percentage of single males who may, or may not be sex tourists.

But....what about all the other flights from India, China, Korea and the middle-east where the likelihood of any sex tourists is minimal?

If you extrapolate from a single flight from one of those destinations, you may well come to the conclusion that there are no sex tourists coming to Phuket.

I was hoping it was PeterCallen

Looks more like a retired terrorist/ bank robber to me now posting on this forum

Next time you are on a plane to Phuket, just have a look at the ratio of men to women onboard.

Obviously, you were playing truant during maths and science classes.

You cannot extrapolate from a single flight you were on.

If you were on a Jetstar flight from Australia, they may well be a high percentage of single males who may, or may not be sex tourists.

But....what about all the other flights from India, China, Korea and the middle-east where the likelihood of any sex tourists is minimal?

If you extrapolate from a single flight from one of those destinations, you may well come to the conclusion that there are no sex tourists coming to Phuket.

My maths is just fine, but you may need to brush up on your reading and comprehension. smile.pngsmile.png

Did you not read the part in my post about my observations whilst waiting in the que at immigration, at Phuket Airport???? Other planes are landing, from other countries. Same as the flights I have been on - a lot more males than females onboard.

Indians, Korean, Arabs, Japanese - small groups of about 3 to 4 men, unaccompanied by females - very common.

Speak to any bar girl and she will tell you the Indians try to save money by negotiating a cheap price for the 3 or 4 of them, with just the one girl. (only one bar fine paid)

I haven't caught a Jetstar flight for a long time, but, yes, the last flight I was on consisted mainly of young men, cashed up from the mining industry.

I agree with stevenl that the Chinese package holiday makers are not a big part of the sex market here, but look at the Australians, English, American, Italian, French, New Zealand, Indian, Arab, Korean, Japanese etc flights coming in. On these flights, there are a very high ratio of males to females.

Now, to the science part you mention, psycology. So, a single guy, from whatever country, comes here, by himself, for a 10 day holiday, for the first time, and has no intention of sleeping with a prostitute. How long does he last before he breaks and takes a bar girl or freelancer home????

The tropical climate, the sun, sea and sand, cold beer, good food, jamming music and plenty of attractive young women, at an affordable price. Here's some maths for you - add all of these together, and what it equals is Phuket has just "created" another sex tourist. smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png

It's rubbish to think that what I have just described only happens in Patong. It happens across the whole island.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 2

It's rubbish to think that what I have just described only happens in Patong. It happens across the whole island.

Yes, less dense in terms of proximity, but anywhere along the west coast strip, and other expat enclaves such as Rawai and Chalong. I'm not sure which is the largest market though, whether it's the tourist/expat residents, or local Thais. The number of clubs in Phuket Town is huge, and any major artery on the east coast after dark will have countless number of Christmas light it karaoke (sic) bars for the local patrons.

Yes, less dense in terms of proximity, but anywhere along the west coast strip, and other expat enclaves such as Rawai and Chalong. I'm not sure which is the largest market though, whether it's the tourist/expat residents, or local Thais. The number of clubs in Phuket Town is huge, and any major artery on the east coast after dark will have countless number of Christmas light it karaoke (sic) bars for the local patrons.

I agree. Loatian, Cambodian, Burmese and the odd Vietnamese girl are working in these bars, to service the Thai men. The sex industry is massive on Phuket, it's not just on Bangla Road, Patong Beach, as some would like you to believe.

Edited by NamKangMan