Cat Cdma -- Still Functioning On Koh Phangan?

Im about to give up with CAT CDM A and take a trip to Nathon this week to cancel my account.

At my house (Ghost Road, near Bangrak) I've only managed to connect successfully once in the last 2 weeks. Strangely, when I was sat in Premier Bar in Bangrak it connected immediately.

So in summary, I havent a clue whats going on blink.png

Many thanks, Any one have any idea whats up in chaloklum?

connection there was bullet proof for years, really solid.

unfortunately i just remembered that CDMA was going down and i have tenants in this saturday.

Just need to know if i need to find a new solution yesterday

When I posted my earlier statement I was trying to find this discussion.... but it eluded me!

But being a frequent goer to KP I know CAT usually works OK.... as I often take computer and CAT dongle to Maehaad / Haad Salad area.

http://www.thaivisa....43#entry5555443

We are all not too sure what the answer will be... As different areas may have different results.... for quality of service / reception.... whether KP or KS...

jimmy, thanks, i guess ill just have to wait and see, i really dont want to go true though. they have enough of a strangle hold on my life already.

resistance is futile

Yep I know, but I switched to Astro TV two years ago, so TRUE don't get my money for Telly. wink.png

I think it maybe a case of having a dongle with interchangable sim, and not locked to True, there was a link to that idea in one of the posts i made.

I am not sure where people on KP would find, the only shop i have seen dongles on Samui, is JIB computers... and trying to get the right info is hard to understand!

The other problem my friend pointed out this afternoon, is they may be a shortage of new suitable dongles .... that would be the end off the world as we know it! biggrin.png w00t.gif

jimmy, thanks, i guess ill just have to wait and see, i really dont want to go true though. they have enough of a strangle hold on my life already.

resistance is futile

Yep I know, but I switched to Astro TV two years ago, so TRUE don't get my money for Telly. wink.png

I think it maybe a case of having a dongle with interchangable sim, and not locked to True, there was a link to that idea in one of the posts i made.

I am not sure where people on KP would find, the only shop i have seen dongles on Samui, is JIB computers... and trying to get the right info is hard to understand!

The other problem my friend pointed out this afternoon, is they may be a shortage of new suitable dongles .... that would be the end off the world as we know it! biggrin.png w00t.gif

i would buy in bangkok and just bring it down with me. The Huawei mifi is what im after, a 3g router and wireless access point to replace the novatel mifi cdma wireless access point they have so cruelly rendered obsolete.

Edited by nocturn

resistance is futile

i would buy in bangkok and just bring it down with me. The Huawei mifi is what im after, a 3g router and wireless access point to replace the novatel mifi cdma wireless access point they have so cruelly rendered obsolete.

Not sure my bouncing tits would make it to BKK... biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

Out of curiosity how did you find the CAT mifi, ?? ..... the guys at CAT told me they were not much good, (sometime ago) then they stopped selling them.

Is Huawei mifi SIM card inter-changable?

resistance is futile

Not sure my bouncing tits would make it to BKK... biggrin.pngwhistling.gif

Out of curiosity how did you find the CAT mifi, ?? ..... the guys at CAT told me they were not much good, (sometime ago) then they stopped selling them.

the CAT Mifi was brilliant. 5 devices, never once had a problem, if the power went out you still had internet for a few hours depending on usage as it had its own battery.

yes the huawei is card interchangeable.

the CAT Mifi was brilliant. 5 devices, never once had a problem, if the power went out you still had internet for a few hours depending on usage as it had its own battery.

The story that I heard was that they stopped selling them because of overheating problems with the rechargeable batteries??? Melted bits (ooouch).

The story that I heard was that they stopped selling them because of overheating problems with the rechargeable batteries??? Melted bits (ooouch).

never had an issue, and its on 24/7

I went into cat today to cancel cdma dongle,asked about mifi but said don't sell!

No they have not sold for a long time, they will send you to True... (Depending on which guy you talked too) ... I don't know if True have them or not....

But if you read Bouncing Tit's post he's getting one in BKK .... Hauwei or some thing like that... wink.png

Edited by samuijimmy