Divorcing In Thailand, But Married In Singapore

jkinbkk

I have read various online articles and similar information on Thai Visa regarding the divorce process and marriage annulment with respect to marriages undertaken in Thailand.

However, can anyone advise how to process a divorce in Thailand, with a Thai lawyer for a marriage license gain in Singapore?

My wife (Thai) and I are separating amicably and therefore need to understand if the process of nullify an overseas marriage license is as easy and straight forward as it would be if we had married in Thailand?

All the details as to 'who gets what' have been agreed, we just need to get the thing done now!

Any recommendations or advise?

You must have your marriage recorded in Thailand, before you cna divorce. otherwise the Thai goverment is not aware of the marriage.

For this you have the marriage certificate crtified by the embassy, then translated into Thai and next certified by the Thai Foreign Ministry, consular section. When tht is completed, you ca have the marriage recorded at any amphur. I presume that after that you can simply divorce at the amphur.