Owner Ship Of Bike In Thailand

hi my friend comes here as a tourist to thailand 3 some times 4 times a year and he stays in Hua hin most of the time , how can it be done for him to buy a bike in his name , it is a kakwaski from what i understand buying new from a dealer?

Any info please

Ok, some years since i bought a bike, but IIRC he need 2-3 weeks valid visa left,

and the rental contract.

If he is buying from a private person then the easiest way to get the papers for transfer

is to just go to a bike dealer and pay some 50 baht for the papers,

and then go to immigration for a paper IIRC, and then go to the place for pay tax &

make driving license to make the transfer.

If he is buying from a bike dealer, they will do it for him for some 700 baht fee.

He should have someone start the bike at least once a month while he is gone to keep

stuff lubricated in the engine

Ok, some years since i bought a bike, but IIRC he need 2-3 weeks valid visa left,

and the rental contract.

If he is buying from a private person then the easiest way to get the papers for transfer

is to just go to a bike dealer and pay some 50 baht for the papers,

and then go to immigration for a paper IIRC, and then go to the place for pay tax &

make driving license to make the transfer.

If he is buying from a bike dealer, they will do it for him for some 700 baht fee.

He should have someone start the bike at least once a month while he is gone to keep

stuff lubricated in the engine

thanks

so he should be able to put the bike in his name , so from what you said he will need a thai drivers license?

remeber he is on a tourist visa . any more if thanks

No, he dont need the license to buy the bike, but there was some paper to get from immigration

prior to buy IIRC.

I was on a 1 month (border) visa when i bought at least a couple of bikes.

Clearly he should make a thai driving license before driving, that is also done at the tax/driving license place, and on that he also need to get a rental contract, a paper from immigration, and have some weeks left on his visa.

But in addition he also have to go to a government clinic and get a paper stating he's breathing,

before he go to immigration for the paper