Actor Kowit'S Daugther Killed In Bangkok Road Accident

webfact

Students stay up all night studying, I certainly did. Probably not effective but not really the point here.

Yeah you are right it is not the point, but i guess people see a young 21 and 22 year old returning home at 5.30 in the morning, and suspect a cover story for other less shall we say, noble activities. And perhaps those suspicions trigger feelings about the two-faced nature of certain societies, especially in Asia, that have a tendency to look down on other societies, when in fact they act in a very similar way. I agree though, that with the person's deceased and unable to respond for themselves, it is unfair to draw any conclusions.

The point here is there is no evidence hes an arrogant rich b@stard, just your assumptions he must be so because the media is reporting on the death of his daughter.

We do know that his elder daughter was on Academy Fantasia and that the poor deceased younger daughter, was lined up for two movie jobs, as well as possibly a job with government on the Tourist Board. Possibly they are/would have been chosen on merit, or possibly the father used his influence to push them up above better talented individuals not lucky enough to have the connections. If the latter, i would call that arrogant but sadly perfectly normal in that industry, and not just here.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am not one of the R.I.P. posters that continually post these 3 letters every time someone dies in Thailand. I am one of those people that has been here 14 years continually that knows what the press reports is not fact. Saving face is paramount here. Probably a spoilt young woman (who else has an S class Merc at her age) who went out with friends got drunk/wasn't a competant driver and crashed her car. Done thats it. Thank god she didn't wipe out a minibus like the last richie did!!!!!

If, however, it is proven that this was a tragic accident I will apologise, but I doubt it.

My thoughts exactly, and given this fact;" They were returning from a study session arranged by their classmates when the accident took place at 5.30am. " which ensures that at that time the road must have been virtually empty, I doubt it was just a tragic accident too....

I for one am not one of the R.I.P. posters that continually post these 3 letters every time someone dies in Thailand. I am one of those people that has been here 14 years continually that knows what the press reports is not fact. Saving face is paramount here. Probably a spoilt young woman (who else has an S class Merc at her age) who went out with friends got drunk/wasn't a competant driver and crashed her car. Done thats it. Thank god she didn't wipe out a minibus like the last richie did!!!!!

If, however, it is proven that this was a tragic accident I will apologise, but I doubt it.

My thoughts exactly, and given this fact;" They were returning from a study session arranged by their classmates when the accident took place at 5.30am. " which ensures that at that time the road must have been virtually empty, I doubt it was just a tragic accident too....

not tragic that two young people died or not an accident.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect App

Do you know all the facts of this case? The other case you refer to has very different circumstances and consequences. I have posted my comments on threads connected with that appalling example of injustice already and will not repeat them here.

Unless you know this family personally, then how are you qualified to make your comments? Or are these a stereotyping of rich children based on your experiences, biases and worldviews? Please tell us you social science qualifactions and the extended research you have carried out to support your in depth opinions on the minds of children from wealthy families. Was this research in Thailand or have you carried out more extensive investigations.

"The truth is that accidents do not happen ........" <deleted> - so all the people who have been tragically killed in aircraft "accidents" weren't paying attention ad got what life dished out!! Great comment - illustrates your logical reasoning thought process and facilitates assessment of your whole post content.

Are you Baerboxer or BusyBee123, and why the charade?

"26) Not to create multiple accounts. Any member found to have more than one account on the ThaiVisa Forum will be suspended. Suspended or banned members found creating additional accounts will be banned immediately."

Anyways, these are my inferences. You should be directing your anger at what makes a girl plunge her car off a road without the help of anyone else, instead of picking a fight with me. There is no future in the latter.

Many assumptions here. We do not know what she was doing all night, BUT, she could have had a few hours sleep, after studying till the early hours,.and then drove home when she/they woke up. Thais sleep when tired at the drop of a pin.

Perhaps she was not driving the ride, perhaps someone used to a scooter was. huh.png

It seems that they hit the wall and then plunged into the middle of where an exit is, between the exit road and the main road, no real details, I think they should check the phone of the driver and see if the phone was being used at the time of the accident. As others have said the car looked in great shape, the only blood I saw from pictures was on the door handles on the drivers side, seat belts look as though they were not on, and I must admit I did not look if the airbags had come out or not, maybe a fuse not working as am sure they are supplied power from the fuse box if they had not of come out.

Sorry for the guy, who broke down at the interviews, he looked shell shocked at Paolo Hospital with his other daughter, who hardly showed any emotions, she must also have been shocked.

Fast cars and big cars are not for kids.

Sorry to the father and mother for their bad luck.

All cars are fast.

She was probably in the safest car possible.

But if you are not belted up it doesn't matter if you are in a merc or a city.

Do you know all the facts of this case? The other case you refer to has very different circumstances and consequences. I have posted my comments on threads connected with that appalling example of injustice already and will not repeat them here.

Unless you know this family personally, then how are you qualified to make your comments? Or are these a stereotyping of rich children based on your experiences, biases and worldviews? Please tell us you social science qualifactions and the extended research you have carried out to support your in depth opinions on the minds of children from wealthy families. Was this research in Thailand or have you carried out more extensive investigations.

"The truth is that accidents do not happen ........" <deleted> - so all the people who have been tragically killed in aircraft "accidents" weren't paying attention ad got what life dished out!! Great comment - illustrates your logical reasoning thought process and facilitates assessment of your whole post content.

your logic isnt so sound, either, bud. so an airplane, a means of travel in which the passengers have absolutely no control over the outcome, is the same as a car? umm...no giggle.gif

when you drive a car, especially a high end car like an S series, you are 100% responsible for what happens. this girl 100% caused this accident. its her fault. maybe she was high, drunk, sleepy, texting...who knows! we will never know. perhaps the entire study story is a cover by the father to save face. we'll never know.

but the facts speak for themselves. a rich, undoubtedly spoiled 21 year old girl who was on the verge of being FED stardom happened to be driving on an extremely safe passage of road with virtually no traffic in perhaps the safest sedan on the market...and she somehow managed to drive off the elevated expressway and kill not only herself, but take the life of her friend as well. ya, lets cry all day for her and her incompetent father bah.gif SHE KILLED SOMEONE!

certainly no tears here.

your logic isnt so sound, either, bud. so an airplane, a means of travel in which the passengers have absolutely no control over the outcome, is the same as a car? umm...no giggle.gif

when you drive a car, especially a high end car like an S series, you are 100% responsible for what happens. this girl 100% caused this accident. its her fault. maybe she was high, drunk, sleepy, texting...who knows! we will never know. perhaps the entire study story is a cover by the father to save face. we'll never know.

but the facts speak for themselves. a rich, undoubtedly spoiled 21 year old girl who was on the verge of being FED stardom happened to be driving on an extremely safe passage of road with virtually no traffic in perhaps the safest sedan on the market...and she somehow managed to drive off the elevated expressway and kill not only herself, but take the life of her friend as well. ya, lets cry all day for her and her incompetent father bah.gif SHE KILLED SOMEONE!

certainly no tears here.

Was she driving ?
  • Like 1

certainly no tears here.

Was she driving ?

was it not her car? how could we assume anything else? lets say she wasnt driving her own car...once again, she made a poor choice by letting her friend drive a car with which she had limited experience.

but the above is not the issue. the issue is how the hell did someone go over the wall at 5:30 on a weekday when theres hardly any traffic?

id also argue that the benz may have sealed their death because it is so physically strong and powerful. a compact/cheap car would have likely not made it over the wall and just crashed on the elevated expressway, perhaps giving the girls a chance to live. of course, not wearing seatbelts would have probably sealed their fate, regardless.

certainly no tears here.

Was she driving ?

was it not her car? how could we assume anything else? lets say she wasnt driving her own car...once again, she made a poor choice by letting her friend drive a car with which she had limited experience.

but the above is not the issue. the issue is how the hell did someone go over the wall at 5:30 on a weekday when theres hardly any traffic?

id also argue that the benz may have sealed their death because it is so physically strong and powerful. a compact/cheap car would have likely not made it over the wall and just crashed on the elevated expressway, perhaps giving the girls a chance to live. of course, not wearing seatbelts would have probably sealed their fate, regardless.

Sure, but if she let a lad drive the thing then anything can happen. sad.png

Would it be reported on if they were poor? Probably in the Thai Press but since it seems very few here actually read any of the Thai newspapers on a regular basis they are going to ignore that fact and focus on the fact that the English language media chose to report on the death of these two young people because the father of one is famous. Again, that happens everywhere, don't make assumptions about people you know nothing about based on your own prejudices.

What is true here is that two young people are dead and the families are devastated.

If people didn't make assumptions and everyone towed the line and had the same opinion, this would be a pretty dull site. It's not like stuff like this doesn't happen pretty regularly here so I think some folk could be forgiven for this thinking.

Agree on the second; pretty horrendous all-round and just glad several others didn't end up down there with her.

One thing's for sure, though, if people were made to take driving lessons as opposed to turning up and taking a test on-demand--i.e. watching a video and then repeatedly put through reactionary tests until they pass--there would doubtless be less of this.

But I am also angered more so because of the sub-culture of arrogance that fathers like this breed into their children by lavishing on them a feeling of superiority. The spoiled minds of these self-flattering kids lack the higher levels of conscientiousness towards others less fortunate than them beyond a sense of fashion or who has the newest technological toy or the cutest boyfriend or girlfriend. They also regrettably lack the human decency to abide by the written laws of the societies that they dwell in.

IMO and IME the blatant disregard for others is pretty evenly distributed across the socio-economic spectrium. Ever notice how buses, taxes, and song taews often park/pull over/merge/u-turn/etc. whenever or wherever they want? Of course, they don't get out of trouble as easily and in the end.... I think that's what gets under a certain group of folks' collective skins. Loosely translated....'I have ethical issues with these folks primarily because they are higher up than me on the food chain and I don't like that fact one bit.'

:)

• Like 1

This thread is pathetic with so many here to take a victory lap because a 'HiSo' person died. You don't know anything about these young girls or her family. She died in an accident, likely because just like everything else, the Thai government failed to properly do their job, re: retaining wall.

• Like 2

The car could either be a W140 S class OR a W124 E class.

If it's an S it's at least 13 years old, if an E class at least 17 years old.

Given the huge variation in Thai maintenance standards I think we should give the poor girl the benefit of the doubt unless proven otherwise.

Only the last few years production of both cars had airbags, which Merc reccommend are re-packed every 5 years, were they in this case?

Let's face it. The only reason it got any press is the car fell off an overpass and her father was some type of actor.

My condolences to the family.

There are hundreads of accidents and deaths per day in Thailand caused from motorbikes and cars. They dont get National press.

I suppose Im a bit harsh, however it's common here.

Like I said before find me someplace it isn't common for the media to focus on the death of a famous person or their child? The US? The UK? errr. Dont' think its any different. Celebrity sells.

• Like 2

This thread is pathetic with so many here to take a victory lap because a 'HiSo' person died. You don't know anything about these young girls or her family. She died in an accident, likely because just like everything else, the Thai government failed to properly do their job, re: retaining wall.

Should we then blame the Democrats or TRT, PT or maybe even, heaven forbid, Thaksin himself?

It takes quite a bit of momentum to clear a retaining wall I reckon.

Her hi-so/lo-so status is irrelevant except for the fact that had she been the lowly daughter of a somtam saleslady, driving a Mercedes Benz, it is likely to have gone unreported in the mainstream media.

But I am also angered more so because of the sub-culture of arrogance that fathers like this breed into their children by lavishing on them a feeling of superiority. The spoiled minds of these self-flattering kids lack the higher levels of conscientiousness towards others less fortunate than them beyond a sense of fashion or who has the newest technological toy or the cutest boyfriend or girlfriend. They also regrettably lack the human decency to abide by the written laws of the societies that they dwell in.

IMO and IME the blatant disregard for others is pretty evenly distributed across the socio-economic spectrium. Ever notice how buses, taxes, and song taews often park/pull over/merge/u-turn/etc. whenever or wherever they want? Of course, they don't get out of trouble as easily and in the end.... I think that's what gets under a certain group of folks' collective skins. Loosely translated....'I have ethical issues with these folks primarily because they are higher up than me on the food chain and I don't like that fact one bit.'

smile.png

I understand what you are saying, however, I do not consider them higher up on the food chain than myself.

The point of this is to say that one can tell a lot about what is on another person's mind (or lack thereof) simply by noting the way the other person operates a vehicle; as well as their apparent age and donned safety apparel (or lack thereof).

I note that to an alarming percentage, they are selfish, , devoid of the consequences of their actions, impatient, impulsive, arrogant, brazen, or just plain stupid; from the 8-year-olds driving on Sukhumvit, all the way to the elderly veering without warning or simply coming to a dead stop to make a 15-secong turn into or out of fast moving traffic.

I have seen that most absolute forms of assenine behavior and judgment calls in this traffic that leave me thanking my lucky stars I made it through. The problem this poses, unlike a developed country, is that the percentage of unpredictable behavior increases a hundredfold right here, when one takes to the road.

If that were true, then the government should build circumferencing "retaining" walls entirely around many of these people's vehicles so they could not drive them anywhere. Then your argument would have merit; that argument being:

"It is the job of government to properly do their job by constructing roads such that the occupants of these roads are removed from all responsibility towards the safe operation of a motor vehicle because the roads are built in a manner that prevents self-harm."

Why not blame the auto manufacturer for failing to put radar sensors into the car and simple have it drive itself? That is just about as simple minded a notion as you suggest, in my opinion.

Edited by cup-O-coffee
  • Like 1

Back in 1961 when my Father was about to start teaching me to drive his 1948 Austin 8; he first sat me down to explain to me that I needed to understand that I was going to become a young man in charge of a Guided Missile. I've never forgotten those words and have always had respect for the fact that I have the responsibility of guiding the said missile in a way that is least dangerous to myself and other road users. Whenever I read of yet another road death of a young person in Thailand I often pause to wonder what, if anything, their Father's said to them before they started driving. Not a lot I fear.

To big, to heavy, to powerful car for a young lady!

My wife's first car was a Benz C200 fully AMG kitted. Was't too big, too heavy, too powerful for her. In fact the only accident she ever had in it was a tail end motorcycle collision while she was stationary.

IMHO, if there was going to be an accident, I think I would rather (my children) be in a Benz, rather than a Jazz.

• Like 1

-soundman-

Everybody has his opinion, I have the opinion, that you, start with a smaller Motorbike, a smaller car, less heavy, less powerful.

Slowly move up the scale.

A heavy car, is good, if you have an accident with another car, but this heavy cars are, same another poster writes, also a more heavy, more fast missile!

Good possibility, that in a small Nissan Micra-or whatever name here, she would not have jumped the wall.

And, even your 200 Mercedes is not so heavy and by far not so big than the car of the deceased.

All that power and weight, what has it done to Princessin Diana in a similar big Mercesdes car?

-soundman-

Everybody has his opinion, I have the opinion, that you, start with a smaller Motorbike, a smaller car, less heavy, less powerful.

Slowly move up the scale.

A heavy car, is good, if you have an accident with another car, but this heavy cars are, same another poster writes, also a more heavy, more fast missile!

Good possibility, that in a small Nissan Micra-or whatever name here, she would not have jumped the wall.

And, even your 200 Mercedes is not so heavy and by far not so big than the car of the deceased.

All that power and weight, what has it done to Princessin Diana in a similar big Mercesdes car?

What a load of rubbish. Have you ever driven a big Merc, eeeeeeer No.

Easy car to drive, smooth as silk.

My ex UK wife learn't in a V6 Ford Granada, she even had a V6 Volvo Estate and my Mrs here learn't in a Vigo auto. Motorcycles are no comparison to something with four wheels.

is there a another forum out there with more qualified detectives or forensic experts?

Who needs a coroner or forensic expert, when you have TVF?

The above reports in this thread were duly submitted to the world-wide web.

Edited by Morakot

Back in 1961 when my Father was about to start teaching me to drive his 1948 Austin 8; he first sat me down to explain to me that I needed to understand that I was going to become a young man in charge of a Guided Missile. I've never forgotten those words and have always had respect for the fact that I have the responsibility of guiding the said missile in a way that is least dangerous to myself and other road users. Whenever I read of yet another road death of a young person in Thailand I often pause to wonder what, if anything, their Father's said to them before they started driving. Not a lot I fear.

Thanks for the wording, I shall be using that with my son. He is only 10, but I already let him drive around our estate from time to time.

Thanks for the wording, I shall be using that with my son. He is only 10, but I already let him drive around our estate from time to time.

Eh. sad.png