Kaisakorn Bank Mutual Funds

How much are the annual charges for a fund account at K-Bank?

How much do they charge for buy/sell? Can you do it via internet?

What is the procedure to open a fund account if you have already a savings account with internet banking?

My branch is not very helpful in answering those questions.

Edited by GreenSnapper

K-Value Thai Stock Fund seems like a good performer

14.75% year to date

111.17% over 3 years

I don't have any Kasikorn funds, mainly they are a relatively newer player and historically I've preferred to stick with international fund managers with a local presence, eg Aberdeen. For experience as well as governance and security. That said there are many more players and different types of funds than a decade or so back.

Don't know this fund. But in isolation the numbers look nice, but it's all relative and what you compare them to.

YTD

- Compared to other global equity markets: Thailand's stock market generally has had a good year and is one of the world's best performers globally. You also need to factor in last year's lag due to floods etc, so some catch up this year

- Compared to Thai stock market generally, the SET is up 19% so it looks to be lagging. Don't forget the SET index excludes divs. Not sure if you fund perf does and whether these are accumulation (no div) or not

- Aberdeen Growth - also Thai equities (no div) is up 24% YTD

3 Yr

- Looks good compared to SET and other global equity markets. Similar to Aberdeen Growth.

You may want to look at MorningStar to compare performance of fund types:

http://tools.morningstarthailand.com/th/fundquickrank/default.aspx?Site=th&LanguageId=en-TH

:)