How To Register Kid Name On Tabien Ban?

Lakdee

Hello all,

I searched on topics, but I can't find answer really matched to my question.

Can anyone advise me how to register Kid name on Tabien Ban? What papers needed? and What to do?

My baby is about 6 months old now. I have planned to go BKK around mid of year. I would like to register her name on Thai Tabien Ban which was also shown wife's name on ( house is in BKK) .

Refer to my baby, she will get Thai Nationality Certificate from Thai Embassy around March . I can't ask for Thai passport in Swiss because Embassy has changed rules to make Thai passport ( kid can make passport only when become 8 yrs atleast here!!!).

Any advices whould be highly appreciated..

Regards,

Lakdee

Hello all,

I searched on topics, but I can't find answer really matched to my question.

Can anyone advise me how to register Kid name on Tabien Ban? What papers needed? and What to do?

My baby is about 6 months old now. I have planned to go BKK around mid of year. I would like to register her name on Thai Tabien Ban which was also shown wife's name on ( house is in BKK) .

Refer to my baby, she will get Thai Nationality Certificate from Thai Embassy around March . I can't ask for Thai passport in Swiss because Embassy has changed rules to make Thai passport ( kid can make passport only when become 8 yrs atleast here!!!).

Any advices whould be highly appreciated..

Regards,

Lakdee

1) I'd check again regarding the possibilty of getting a Thai PP for your child at the Thai embassy in Bern. Not withstanding that Thai embassies are usually a law unto themselves, there should be nothing preventing (legally at least) a Thai national, of what ever age, requesting a travel document.

2) The process to get the baby entered onto the Tabien baan should be fairly easy. You and your wife should go down with the following

- your wifes ID and Tabien Baan

- The head of the house hold as identified on the tabieen baan (and their ID). This person will also have to approve the new additional name and sign some papers

- Your child's Thai passport showing the date of entry into Thailand. I cannot stress enough how useful it would be to try and push the RTE in Bern to issue the passport. IF not, then the certificate of nationality may suffice.

- Another Thai relative, who needs to act as a counter signatory

- your childs THAI birth certificate, issued by the Royal Thai embassy in Bern.

- some nice Swiss chocolates to say thank you to the person who did the paperwork for you.

While you the foreign father may not be needed for any paper work, it is always good to be there lest they decide that the foreign father also must be there. You don't need to be, but this takes into account the TIT element of things

1) I'd check again regarding the possibilty of getting a Thai PP for your child at the Thai embassy in Bern. Not withstanding that Thai embassies are usually a law unto themselves, there should be nothing preventing (legally at least) a Thai national, of what ever age, requesting a travel document.

Regarding visa applications it has often been reported that honorary consuls work much more efficiently than embassies. I wonder if a passport application for a Thai national born outside Thailand may also be made at an honorary consulate.

---------------

Maestro

Regarding visa applications it has often been reported that honorary consuls work much more efficiently than embassies. I wonder if a passport application for a Thai national born outside Thailand may also be made at an honorary consulate.

---------------

Maestro

Good question, though I doubt it. Embassies seem to be the only places where you can get a passport.

As a follow up, I just did a quick google search and there is nothing on the RTE Website in Bern that says a passport is forbidden for a Thai child.

See here http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1409.php?id=1511

hello all,

Thanks for all information to you all, especially Samran, for process to register my baby name on Tabien Ban.

I used to read http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1409.php?id=1511 also, however, I still confirmed that I got information about making passport for kid from Embassy in Bern. I did tell my wife to recall there again, the answer was same! I did call one time, still get the same answer. Maybe, they didn't update their website!?

I will try my best to request Thai passport for my girl again anyway.

Thanks for all help and suggestion.

Regards,

• 8 months later...
hello all,

Thanks for all information to you all, especially Samran, for process to register my baby name on Tabien Ban.

I used to read http://www.mfa.go.th/web/1409.php?id=1511 also, however, I still confirmed that I got information about making passport for kid from Embassy in Bern. I did tell my wife to recall there again, the answer was same! I did call one time, still get the same answer. Maybe, they didn't update their website!?

I will try my best to request Thai passport for my girl again anyway.

Thanks for all help and suggestion.

Regards,

Hello All,

I just came back from Thailand.. The day I was back was 27 September. This day made us sick cause our flight to Amsterdam was 2 hrs delayed! once we reached Amsterdam, we had to run like rats to catch flight to Geneva. Finally , we found out that we had to change flight and spent 4 hrs more in Amsterdam airport... Hurrr... Hope we wouldn't find problem in our next trip. .. Sorry to start with complaints.

I just would like to tell you that I couldn't make passport to my daughter in this trip. I had made all effort to make it but our stays were too short to do passport in time (3 wks in total), so we decided to do in the next trip.

As my daughter was born in Swiss, the officer said to us that we must present all required paper , then he needed to declare her name on public atleast 30 days. Then, officer needs to check and require my daugther to have fingers prints. If everything is ok, her name could be shown on Tabien Ban. Sorry for my english.. I tried my best to say what I heard. Anyone had made this recently, please feel free to share.

Best regards,

Lakdee & family