Best Friends For Life A Good News Story

I was emailed this article and wanted to share it with our members.

It really is a heart warming story, I hope you enjoy reading it.

Ref url :- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2186373/Pictured-The-heart-melting-moment-man-lulls-arthritic-dog-sleep-lake.html?ICO=most_read_module

The photo is really good.

Apologies if it,s a repeat posting.

marshbags smile.png

• Like 1

thats how i and mrs meat feel about ours,rescued from hell and saved by love and care,do you know what breed it looks simular to ours[alaskan malarmute] who is truely amazing.i have a thread on him on the forum.

thanks marshbags got to be photo of the year.

thats how i and mrs meat feel about ours,rescued from hell and saved by love and care,do you know what breed it looks simular to ours[alaskan malarmute] who is truely amazing.i have a thread on him on the forum.

thanks marshbags got to be photo of the year.

I,ve managed to find another article that gives a lot more information starting from when he first got him 20 or so years ago.

It is quoted as being

" Unger’s loyal companion has been a shepherd mix named Schoep "

The ref url for the complete article courteousy of mns is :- http://animaltracks....ernet-sensation

I found this report even more heart warming and it really is a good news story thanks to the many donors who have generously and in most cases anonymously donated funds and gifts for his much loved dog.

Thank you for your input MB, it,s nice to know so many owners are loyal to their pets and love them unconditionally.

It has been a wonderful two weeks for me regarding the feel good factor being of Sheffield / Yorkshire / GB origin and a lover of all things uplifting and decent.

marshbags thumbsup.gif

Edited by marshbags

mb now your bringing back memories mentioning sheffield,i had a greyhound running at owlerton he was too good for flapping[hyde park,kingsley,donny and plenty of others,he was the only dog i ever had running on a ngrc track broke my heart when i had to leave him with the trainer i was only parted from him for one month took him home the night he won oct.1975.that was the only downfall of owning greyhounds was when you had to part with them.i always kept 2 in the house but it was hard when the day came for them to leave i hope they are all looking down on me saying we loved you tooooooooo,i cant write anymore its getting to me.penny,shoot darkie,red,flash and the others R.I.P. TAFFY

mb now your bringing back memories mentioning sheffield,i had a greyhound running at owlerton he was too good for flapping[hyde park,kingsley,donny and plenty of others,he was the only dog i ever had running on a ngrc track broke my heart when i had to leave him with the trainer i was only parted from him for one month took him home the night he won oct.1975.that was the only downfall of owning greyhounds was when you had to part with them.i always kept 2 in the house but it was hard when the day came for them to leave i hope they are all looking down on me saying we loved you tooooooooo,i cant write anymore its getting to me.penny,shoot darkie,red,flash and the others R.I.P. TAFFY

Amazing, I used to help a friend exercise his greyhounds in Norfolk park, lived on City road just after the junction with Granville road top.

I cannot recall the names I,m sorry to say.

They were tret like royalty, nothing was to good for them, as for the food, I could have eaten it myself.

The Owlerton Stadium was part of my play area along with the River Don and beyond, all the way upo to Shirecliffe

Re the Hyde Park track, I used to do press ups with a certain few Wybourne lasses, by heck they were a fit bunch of adventurers ( at the rear end of it, looking out towards the M1 wub.png )

Happy days for sure and soooo many memories triggered off by your last post MB biggrin.png

Thanks for reminder.

marshbags whistling.gif

P.S.

Apologies for going off topic, well sort of, it,s still about dogs and certainly comes under good news memory wise, for us two anyways.

Edited by marshbags