What Do You Think Is Missing In Pattaya?

MrZM

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Less sex mongers,who think that women and booze is the only thing of interest lol lol.Why do farang tourists come here,stick photos on pattaya forums and even talk about the gfe experience,very sad to be honest.

Pattaya needs more lonely single men who know that Pattaya is a good place to find female company in a non-threatening adult environment - its a business.

Maybe sad but foreign tourists upload photos on to Pattaya forums and talk about the G.F.E. experience because for them that is what Pattaya is all about.

What’s wrong with that ?

English style Kebab, Chinese, and Indian food.

No thanks sick.gif I also grew up in the UK eating the above - and after eating Arabic food in Arabia, Chinese food in China (best cuisine in the world) and Indian food in India, I would never want to go back: lets hope potential restaurant-owners in Thailand agree.

Well if anybody does suceed in mastering the art they will have a very succesful business. Chinese food in China, YUK, i know i am a philistine but China town in New York and San Fransico was no better IMHO.

Defo pavements on Soi Buakow!!

the street is not wide enough for that.

Less sex mongers,who think that women and booze is the only thing of interest lol lol.Why do farang tourists come here,stick photos on pattaya forums and even talk about the gfe experience,very sad to be honest.

:facepalm:

Somebody? needs to do something about the traffic problem before it is too late, or is it too late already! ?

Noisy, polluting aggressive cars trucks motorbikes and buses modified to make noise, with no where to park, the place has become a dump, non-existent police........

We all see this place differently, I have never walked down Soi Buakow in the 20 odd years I have been here, have driven down there often and wondered why people insist on walking in the middle of the road, great planning building roads without footpaths...........

Edited by CGW

Yes agree about the traffic situation especially in the weekends it's bad but how can you improve it? We go in the car in the weekends because of our son (don't like riding the bike with him) and we properly spend 1/2 of the gasoline in idling, A/C going full blast.sad.png

More and more Thais are getting cars so it will only get worse before its gets better.

I am currently working in Maizuru, Japan, man it's boring here and I miss my home, Pattaya, 1/2 of the cars here are small eco cars, people extremely polite and crime is almost non existent, but nobody can speak English and its bloody expensive.

Looking forward to be home again in app. mid Sep. to all the buzz & madness in fun City and off course my family.smile.png

Pattaya wouldn't even exist if it weren't for them. I mean Walking Street, the entire focus of the city, is lined with nothing but gogos and bars. Without them lets face it there would be nothing here.

• Like 2

Pattaya wouldn't even exist if it weren't for them. I mean Walking Street, the entire focus of the city, is lined with nothing but gogos and bars. Without them lets face it there would be nothing here.

Agree.

^ & ^^ The five star hotels lining the beach front full of families may well disagree with you wink.png

* for those who don't know Pattaya very well: above post is meant sarcastically, because 5* family hotels are rather rare on Pattaya's beachfront :-)

some quiet greenery spots. Need to set aside some open spaces before every sand lot is taken up. There are still some undeveloped areas around. Make a few spots little parks. Lets' clean them up, patrol them a little bit. Just an outdoor spot to sit and read a newspaper, read a book. I know the merchants and tourism organizations tend to classify that as "dead" non-revenue earning space, but that is not really true. A city that has little parks increases its attraction. Heck if necessary, privatize the lot. Put some food vendors on the edge of the property, not all over the darn place and charge them some nominal fee to "park" on the land. I don't think any body makes much money off an empty un-developed lot. Shouldn't cost much to fix up and plant a few shade trees. Any interested financial developer out there? This kind of "greening" can go over big with local politics and make good headlines. Less CO2 More O2, cooler temps, help with carbon footprint, etc. Allow some night time walking in the place, hand holding with your girlfriend. A slight respite from then noise of walking down some streets

Sorry, the city would chop down the trees in the park or rent it out to vendors.

• Like 1

Sorry, the city would chop down the trees in the park or rent it out to vendors.

Sad but probably true.

But to be fair to them, the parks and rural-type paths the city have provided aren't over-used - the paths in the trees up to Pra Hill are liable to be overgrown soon, there is that little foot-traffic.

I also think it's a shame they've sold that little bit of green at the back of Bali Hai pier for yet another hotel /condo project (what Pattaya doesn't need IMHO)

I also think it's a shame they've sold that little bit of green at the back of Bali Hai pier for yet another hotel /condo project (what Pattaya doesn't need IMHO)

I thought that was going to be the high tech multi level car park ???

I thought that was going to be the high tech multi level car park ???

I walked past it a few times a week or so ago and I think its a hotel / condo ? Called the Prime or something like that.

The clock tower, that used to have picnicing families and frolicking infants spread around in a pastoral idyll, now looks rather forlorn.sad.png

Back to the thread though - definitely more green spaces.

^ & ^^ The five star hotels lining the beach front full of families may well disagree with you wink.png

* for those who don't know Pattaya very well: above post is meant sarcastically, because 5* family hotels are rather rare on Pattaya's beachfront :-)

Agoda shows 17 5* and 64 4* hotels here in the area. Not too bad.

and how much of these qualify as "family hotels"?

Nova Gold, LK Empress, Areca Lodge, Page 10, August Suites, LK Renaissance, Marriott... ??

C'mon 90% of the hotels there cater to mongers, are girl friendly and don't charge for visitors to your room (as seen on http://www.wgfriendly.com )

There are a handful who do charge "joiner fees", like the Dusit, Hilton and a few others, but that's hardly the rule.

and how much of these qualify as "family hotels"?

Nova Gold, LK Empress, Areca Lodge, Page 10, August Suites, LK Renaissance, Marriott... ??

C'mon 90% of the hotels there cater to mongers, are girl friendly and don't charge for visitors to your room (as seen on http://www.wgfriendly.com )

There are a handful who do charge "joiner fees", like the Dusit, Hilton and a few others, but that's hardly the rule.

If mongers as they do can afford to stay at the Hilton they can afford the 1000 baht joiners fee. If they were trully family friendly they would do as other Asian countries do and enforce no guests rule. But then again $$$$ number 1. Edited by marstons

I must admit that I am impressed with pattaya's outstanding gardening and pruning abilities.

I have never seen such an incredibly well done attention to detail type job as along beach road now.

Pattaya government and its inhabitants should be applauded for such artistry and dedication to the environment and support.

It truly looks like a splendid environment to live and retire.

Visionary is the word I was looking for.

I am jealous of all whom proudly call Pattaya home.

• Like 1

I must admit that I am impressed with pattaya's outstanding gardening and pruning abilities.

I have never seen such an incredibly well done attention to detail type job as along beach road now.

Pattaya government and its inhabitants should be applauded for such artistry and dedication to the environment and support.

are there two pattaya's in thailand

mind you they do a lovely job of looking after the central reservation on sukhumvit

Edited by dazk
  • Like 1

are there two pattaya's in thailand

mind you they do a lovely job of looking after the central reservation on sukhumvit

No.just the one.

The creative influence in Pattaya is amazing if you check out what they have done with that strip and the trees.

And the locals supported it totally by the looks as not one person objected and nor should they with such aesthetics. Great to see a community in such harmony with its council.