What Do You Think Is Missing In Pattaya?

MrZM

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Real meter taxis that cruise the streets looking for fares.

Yes! Seems to be the impossible dream. That would be so incredibly beneficial to the quality of life here as well as businesses outside the beach/tourist zone.

Good to get there and back when it rains too. No fun on a m/c when it is pouring down.

I'd make foreigners pay 10 baht per ride, free for Thais

blink.png

yes, because that will reduce traffic.

I don't really care if Thais get the rides free or not. 10 baht is a good fare for baht buses. No complaints. I'd gladly trade the free Thai policy for a fleet of Bangkok style taxis!

Beach Road Pattaya Klang -> Petronas Pattaya Klang (Sukh) -> Nern Plerb Wan -> Nongprue Stadium

Petronas Pattaya Klang -> Soi Siam Country Club until 7/11 on the lake near the CC gate

I second this and also to the other main roads on the "dark side" (Kao Noi, Kao Talo)

A german style fastfood "restaurant" with take away food like "Currywurst, Schnitzel, Frikadellen" etc. biggrin.png

A greece style fastfood "restaurant" with take away food like "Gyros Pita, Zaziki, greece salad" etc.clap2.gif

Edited by Turkleton
  • Like 1

A german style fastfood "restaurant" with take away food like "Currywurst, Schnitzel, Frikadellen" etc. biggrin.png

A greece style fastfood "restaurant" with take away food like "Gyros Pita, Zaziki, greece salad" etc.clap2.gif

Yes! Good idea! These are two things I really miss in Pattaya!

Edited by elreico

The go to place for that is Pattayanis. It's Greekilicious!

http://www.facebook....175903375851277

sorry, I forgot to mention: preferred location on the dark side!

Soi Buakaow is too far away for a "take away fastfood", if you stay on the darkside.

But I will definitely try them, when I go to Pattaya Tai next time

Edited by Turkleton

As for the sea, it's disgusting, black polluted and horrible. It's full of cr^p.

Nah - don't think its that bad - ace for swimming when the tide is in, and great for cooling-off when the tides out.

They dump raw sewage into the areas where people swim. Under the water are huge black pipes that dump right into the water. You can see them working on them from time to time. Last time was in Jomtien, they had the cranes in the water lifting the pipe up, you could see the sewage spewing out in the air and into the water for about two weeks. No swimmers in that area at that time. It was gross. You are fooling yourself if you think that water is clean.

I'd like to see some thiner girls like we did years ago that are willing to accept a 1,000 B donation. Then the next morning she willingly sweeps the floor and tidys up the room and isn't in a hurry to get out, arhhh those were the days.

• Like 2

I'd like to see some thiner girls like we did years ago that are willing to accept a 1,000 B donation. Then the next morning she willingly sweeps the floor and tidys up the room and isn't in a hurry to get out, arhhh those were the days.

Was a time they packed your suit case as well, now they take it with them when they leave.

English style Kebab, Chinese, and Indian food.

No thanks sick.gif I also grew up in the UK eating the above - and after eating Arabic food in Arabia, Chinese food in China (best cuisine in the world) and Indian food in India, I would never want to go back: lets hope potential restaurant-owners in Thailand agree.

• Like 1

I agree with others on a park in Pattaya, more specifically a central park and perhaps something similar to what Bangkok has. Yes there is that one on Pratamnak (South) and another much smaller one near the bottom of Naklua (North) where the market and clock tower are, although both have issues with upkeep.

Personally I'd like to see a remodel of that stretch of waste land that goes all the way from Beach Road to 2nd Road that's between Soi 6 and Hard Rock Café, which is most of the time left empty anyway until occasional events like the Music Festival use the land. Would it really be so hard to put trees and shrubbery around the perimeter, then next a tarmac track for walking and bicycles, and leave the central area for people who want to walk, sit, play badminton, etc. or clear for events, and of course open to the public. I guess the first question is does the city actually own that land. What I've mentioned isn't really that big a project and it hasn't happened yet for whatever reason, but can hope. Would be nice to see a maze made from hedges too, but at a different location.

I like the idea of smaller green spaces for public to use around the city too, but given the size of the city and that there is a beach area, the idea I feel is unlikely to happen.

some quiet greenery spots. Need to set aside some open spaces before every sand lot is taken up. There are still some undeveloped areas around. Make a few spots little parks. Lets' clean them up, patrol them a little bit. Just an outdoor spot to sit and read a newspaper, read a book. I know the merchants and tourism organizations tend to classify that as "dead" non-revenue earning space, but that is not really true. A city that has little parks increases its attraction. Heck if necessary, privatize the lot. Put some food vendors on the edge of the property, not all over the darn place and charge them some nominal fee to "park" on the land. I don't think any body makes much money off an empty un-developed lot. Shouldn't cost much to fix up and plant a few shade trees. Any interested financial developer out there? This kind of "greening" can go over big with local politics and make good headlines. Less CO2 More O2, cooler temps, help with carbon footprint, etc. Allow some night time walking in the place, hand holding with your girlfriend. A slight respite from then noise of walking down some streets

Yeah.....right.....like THAT'S ever gonna happen.