Help--travel Agancy Want To Pull A Fast One.

redrus

Need a quick bit of advise people.

I booked flights to Bali from Manchester earier in the week. Returning from Bangkok, we are making our own way in between.

In the travel agency, I made it clear that on the Singapore airlines website I had seen the price for 2 people, was £380 each. I went through to the end to make sure this was the correct price for 2 people. It was. I then went to the travel agency, told them the price, made the booking and signed on the dotted line.

I got a letter this morning asking to call them.

They have made a mistake. They have only taken for one person. They want another 7 hundred and odd pounds.

I said no- chance, politely. This is not my problem its yours and you need to sort it with your company. They said they could just cancel and I could go and book on the SA website. I thought for a moment and again said no, as far as I am concerned we have a contract and, my holiday is booked with you at that price.

Am I in right people, or do I need to back down.....?????

redrus

Stick it to em mate. As long as you have something on paper saying that the price is for 2 then they are bound by a contract. Imagine if you wanted to change things with them, do you think they would let you do it without charging you? I think not.

You are in the right they are bound legally to give you those seats at the price they quoted. Just threaten them with abta and atol. Tell them you will write a complaint to them if they do not respond in a way that is satisfactory to you.

If you need someone to come up there and give someone a slap, i charge very reasonable rates :D Because i know how soft you northerners are :o

.. I then went to the travel agency, told them the price, made the booking and signed on the dotted line.

redrus

Did you pay already or not. If you haven't paid yet I'm not sure you have such a strong case.

If they are an ABTA member then I think you should be fine. Sometimes the price is not final until you pay in full but that is far different to them mucking up and only booking for one person!!

I would conatct ABTA and see where you stand - 90% of travel agents are regulated by them and they are there to protect the customer. If they are not an ABTA travel agent then i would start crying and worrying! :o

Right, news flash.....!

This has now turned out to be my mistake.

I messed up in the Multi flight section of the website and, because of a click in the wrong section, its only charging us for one way. Even though I enter the return details. So the quote I gave to the travel agent for them to price match was wrong.. I feel understandably like a right <deleted> now, but, they have still sold me the flight.

Yes, I have also payed in full.

They are an ABTA member.

They have tried and tried to find the flight on the site but, obviously, they can't and, don't want to lose £750 or so.

I guess this is now a moral dilemma. Do I own up and and admit to being as blind as a bat in a dustbin or, carry on with it claiming no knowledge and try to get a cheap as freak flight.

redrus

Edited by redrus

So what if I want to take the risk, thinking these <deleted>**ers (as a company) earn a lot more than I do....!

Also, it was they're fault in the beggining for not checking.They are supposed to be the proffesionals.

I in no way acted fraudulently.

What if I do get away with this. Do you applaud me for the blag or berate me for dishonesty....?

I already know what my advise to you would be. Can you say what you'd do, honestly and, advise me so....?!

redrus

I am a little bit confused now then - so you had a price for one way for two people. They didn't notice and price promised or whatever and booked it for one person and got the same price! So you mucked up by pricing for one way and they mucked up by booking for only one person!! :o

Either way just check what your receipt says - if it says two people then they are still in the wrong - regardless of what you took them to show them! They still told oyu a price for a party of two then booked for one!!

Is it a major travel agent?

I am a little bit confused now then - so you had a price for one way for two people. They didn't notice and price promised or whatever and booked it for one person and got the same price! So you mucked up by pricing for one way and they mucked up by booking for only one person!! :o

Either way just check what your receipt says - if it says two people then they are still in the wrong - regardless of what you took them to show them! They still told oyu a price for a party of two then booked for one!!

I thought I had a price for 2 people to return but, for a computer glich it wasn't registering my return flight, even though I was entering the return details. It was pricing me for a single (one way), hence the cheap price.

They have booked for two.

I did not notice this till Sunday night. They have had my booking and my money in their account since Monday last. To me the holiday and the booking were finished with. They have now obviously received an invoice for double what we have payed, realised their mistake and are trying to back out in any way possible.

My contract with them says 2 people to go and return, it also says amount payed £### and amount still to pay as £0.

Yes it is a major agent.

redrus

I thought I had a price for 2 people to return but, for a computer glich it wasn't registering my return flight, even though I was entering the return details. It was pricing me for a single (one way), hence the cheap price.

They have booked for two.

I did not notice this till Sunday night. They have had my booking and my money in their account since Monday last. To me the holiday and the booking were finished with. They have now obviously received an invoice for double what we have payed, realised their mistake and are trying to back out in any way possible.

My contract with them says 2 people to go and return, it also says amount payed £### and amount still to pay as £0.

Yes it is a major agent.

redrus

Well.. if your paperwork says two people return trip for £### then thats the contract. Morally I don't know what i'd do.. but it is their mistake ! :D

totster :D

<deleted> morals, they would if they were in your situation. The lack of morals mean more spending money for you.

Screw em mate they spend their entire day doing it to other people so why shouldnt you get one over on them.

Have a nice time spending their money, believe me mate i wouldnt lose any sleep over it, in fact i might even raise a glass of my favourite tipple and thank them while sat on a beach spending money i didnt give to them :o

Cheers for the replies gents.

Yeah, this is generally the advise I've been given by people in the travel industry, and people I know in the insurance and banking sectors too. That they have made a contract with me including an almighty cock up by them. Leaving them not me with the problem.

I'm gonna ride it out and see what they come up with as, at the mo, I seem to hold all the cards.

redrus

enjoy your holiday redrus

:o

Cheers fella.... :D

Waiting for a call from them. They wanted me to go into the shop and show them how I came to my price. Been advised against this coarse though as, it would look like I'm showing them how to do their job and, I need to have as little contact as poss.

The ball is in their court.

I'll let youz know how it go's.

redrus

So what if I want to take the risk, thinking these <deleted>**ers (as a company) earn a lot more than I do....!

Also, it was they're fault in the beggining for not checking.They are supposed to be the proffesionals.

I in no way acted fraudulently.

What if I do get away with this. Do you applaud me for the blag or berate me for dishonesty....?

I already know what my advise to you would be. Can you say what you'd do, honestly and, advise me so....?!

redrus

Honestly?

I don't know Redrus, it would depend on the person in the travel agency I was dealing with. Some people see the travel agent as an entity but in the end you're still dealing with people.

If the travel agent were a nice girl I would probably admit my initial fvk up and pay the difference. I might even think they would take it out of her pay otherwise. If it was some miserable <deleted> I was dealing with I would not give in, at least not for a while :o .

Same logic applies in the pub; if you pay your beer and the waitress gives you to much change. Will you keep the change or return the excess?

Anyway, happy trip :D

I was in a similar situation before, the travel agent made a mistake, none of my doing, unfortunately I didn't have a written quote or agreement...

Already transfered the money, wasted time and phonecalls.

I booked a different flight and received a complimentary voucher for a dirty weekend for two in a Chiang Mai luxury hotel. :o

I am confused as to why you would need to show the travel agent the flights on the internet? were they booking on the internet for you? if so not much of an agent.

They wanted to see the price that I had quoted, to see if I was telling the truth. Which all through I beleived I was. So they could honour the price match. My point was they should have done that at the time, Not over a week later....!

redrus

You obviously showed them proof in the first place or they would not have agreed to the price match, wether it was right or wrong, why should you show them again. I say let them sort it out its their problem, but I would not be happy till I had the flight tickets in my hand or I was sitting in a plane

You obviously showed them proof in the first place or they would not have agreed to the price match, wether it was right or wrong, why should you show them again. I say let them sort it out its their problem, but I would not be happy till I had the flight tickets in my hand or I was sitting in a plane

I only took in what I had written down from the net, I don't use a printer.

Its now Saturday since I spoke to them.

redrus.