• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

E10 is risky i think on ptt web it says its more then 10% alcohol

mataleo

No E-10 can have a maximum of 10% anhydrous ethanol

and a Minimum of 90% gasoline

But you still have the choice to use Benz 95 if you want as it is available here in Thailand

But others like you mentioned such as Shell V-power 95 is in fact E10 Gasohol

http://www.shell.co.th/en/products-services/on-the-road/fuels/shell-vpower-gasohol-95.html

Shell V-Power Gasohol 95 with Ethanol 10% mixture is designed to

bring out the best performance of your car with affordable price.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

E10 is risky i think on ptt web it says its more then 10% alcohol

mataleo

No E-10 can have a maximum of 10% anhydrous ethanol

and a Minimum of 90% gasoline

But you still have the choice to use Benz 95 if you want as it is available here in Thailand

But others like you mentioned such as Shell V-power 95 is in fact E10 Gasohol

http://www.shell.co.th/en/products-services/on-the-road/fuels/shell-vpower-gasohol-95.html

Shell V-Power Gasohol 95 with Ethanol 10% mixture is designed to

bring out the best performance of your car with affordable price.

Went to the Shell pump on Road 36 in pattaya today to fill up the bike.

Told the lady gasohol 95 after which she grasps the v-power handle. Tell her again gasohol 95, the fuel save 95 pump by the way is the next handle, she says " No V-power " .Decided it was better to drive off as I didn't want to go for the throat again like previous time when they persisted to fill the truck with V-power diesel after I had asked several times already for diesel tamada.

Beware of that gasstation on road 36 in the Pong area.

Edited by JesseFrank

Every time I have to explain to friends that E10 is the same as gasohol, just like mania said above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

So whats the difference the. Between E10 and regular gasohol

Cuz some stations display E10 and gasohol 91 95

mataleo

Before anybody's telling me I got a tank shooting to an insect - yes I know about that when I tell you about my own experience.

I own a Suzuki 125cc Hayate and this is good for RON 91-E10, but the Suzuki sales people recommended me NOT to use Gasohol, what I did. So after here in LoS they took away the real 91 benzine (in America I think its 87 regular?) I'd go with 91 Gasohol, what's the E10 since there was no benzine to get anymore. My fuel usage went up from 2.2 ltr per 100km to 2.6 per 100km.

Now since they sell real 95 benzine here again (in USA called 91 Premium?) I made a test to use this in my Suzuki and my usage went down to 2.2 ltr per 100km again.

But it was not only this, with the 95 benzine the engine is running much smoother and my speed is also much higher than with the E10-grap. To use 95 in a 91 ready engine that is the point with the insect...

The only negative, it's more expensive and that's one reason what I think is important for many people here to use E10 instead of benzine.

With my Ninja I use the benzine also and what I can say with E10 the setup of my fuel mapping must be much more rich then with benzine.

The staff from the Kwaki-Center here highly recommends to use real benzine and never E10.

When you have the chance to talk to an real engineer from engine development when he MUST NOT speak in a political correct way he will tell you the real truth about real benzine and E10, also about the waste of money with Shell V-Power (but the Shell-story you can read in german tests from the ADAC, TUV and others already).

And this is my own experience with high quality Shell V-Power, long long time ago...

I’ve been with the first Shell V-Power 100 RON users a long time ago in Germany, when Shell started it new in the market.

And to be honest in my 20 years old car (at that time) using it was really successful since it did safe up to around 12% per 100 km. At that time the tests with modern cars in Germany didn’t bring any high results like this (some up to 3%). So the cost for me per 100 km was the same even when the price for V-Power was really high compared to the normal Super-Plus, also I had to go 30 km’s from home to get it but my car was worth to put it in since anyway I had to use the 98 RON unleaded Super-Plus in Germany.

After more then one year I realized that the result was not as good as before, what made me wonder but at least with this knowledge I also went back to use Super-Plus again.

A little time later I met an old friend who did the Racing-Service for a well known oil-company (with the brand RS from castor-oil plant - the old guys will remember that and the racing-smell like in Le Mans or at the Nürburgring) and he told me that Shell has changed the mixture for the V-Power which they sell to the public street-market compared to the one they’d use in Michael S. F1-Ferrari. So it was no wonder that my results haven’t been the same like before.

Also another anecdote and that’s what the young people won’t understand, is when you use really gasoline with lead in it. One time when I was driving around with my car I saw that my tank was really empty and when I came to a small village with a gas-station I’ve been looking a little bit confused since they said there you could get leaded Super-Gasoline (approximately one year after in Germany they’d stop selling leaded fuel), so I asked the owner and he told me yes he really collected a big tank full and now he is selling it to special cars and since my car was one like this I took a tank full with leaded Super, what at least had been 83 liters what means my 85 liter-tank was nearly complete empty. After only 5 kms I could feel how happy my engine felt and he’d never run as good as with this real benzine again. Important: NEVER use leaded fuel with a catalytic converter!

So for them who think it’s good to use Shell V-Power take it, believe in their marketing since they will be more then happy to get your money and never forget: Faith can move mountains...

but you are talking about old engines.

my bikes never had any problems with shell v power which i use for long time and consumption is only around 4 percent higher than normal benzine.

and sure shell does not give the exact benzine they use at F1 cars to petrol stations! as what they claim is tech of v power is F1 based only.

Edited by ll2

How does it come that you think the engines of my Hayate and Ninja are old?
They are 2011 models and have a sticker for E10...smile.png

you are talking about 20 years old cars and leaded super petrol from ages ago.

E10 is ok for modern engines and sure shell v power is a better quality petrol than normal E10 or yellow ptt real benzine.

E10 is ok for modern engines and sure shell v power is a better quality petrol than normal E10 or yellow ptt real benzine.

u reckon vpower gasohol better then ptt benzine?

i think best out there would b caltex benzine + techron same price as ptt benzine i think 48b L

http://www.youtube.com/user/TechronTechnology/videos

Edited by mataleo

Please do me a favor, since it seems that your are not able to read what I write, or maybe for you I'm so unclear that you don't understand what I talk about, so in the future don't answer to my posts anymore. Thank you for understanding.

Please do me a favor, since it seems that your are not able to read what I write, or maybe for you I'm so unclear that you don't understand what I talk about, so in the future don't answer to my posts anymore. Thank you for understanding.

if you dont post nonsense, i dont answer. pretty easy.

My Kawasakii Versys doesn't run very well on any 91, but I've stuck with it simply because it's on the tank.

With PTT it puffs and backfires, especially through traffice in 2nd gear. Esso isn't much better, and Shell 91 is marginally better than both mentioned.

As yet, 12,000k on, I haven't tried benzie or V-Power. I do use V-Power diesel for my Pajero.

So after all these post are we saying that 91 Gasohol doesn't harm the engine (I have the same sticker on my tank) but using Shell V-Power 95 will be better, and Benzine if you can get it.

I thought it was being fazed out?

Edited by BBJ

if you dont post nonsense, i dont answer. pretty easy.

Actually you should go back and read what he wrote (in too many words possibly): 95 benzine is better than gasohol of any octane. He also verified the need to remap the er6n to make better use gashol. All these things makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

My Kawasakii Versys doesn't run very well on any 91, but I've stuck with it simply because it's on the tank.

With PTT it puffs and backfires, especially through traffice in 2nd gear. Esso isn't much better, and Shell 91 is marginally better than both mentioned.

As yet, 12,000k on, I haven't tried benzie or V-Power. I do use V-Power diesel for my Pajero.

So after all these post are we saying that 91 Gasohol doesn't harm the engine (I have the same sticker on my tank) but using Shell V-Power 95 will be better, and Benzine if you can get it.

I thought it was being fazed out?

afaik Gasohol 91/E10 will do no harm to engines especially ones designed to run it.

Hence the sticker on your tank.

No company would want the liability of having to go bankrupt doing warranty work by suggesting a harmful fuel be used.

I have also often said while not harmful may not be the best performance wise.

That you will have to suss out on your own for your specific bike

& riding style I think.

That said I have personally always used Gasohol/E10 95 in my bike & scooter with no ill effects.

I had tried gasohol 91 & it was noticeably less perky especially in the scooter. RPM was not as smooth revving & top end

seemed to suffer albeit slightly. But I did not notice any pinging or knock.

But price is close enough to run 95 gasohol so why not.

As for Benzine/Gasoline it is not being phased out but 91 benzine/gasoline was phased out to I believe mainly make room for E20

or perhaps tax reasons? I do not know.

But 95 Gasoline has no plans of leaving afaik

I have also ran Gasoline/Benzine 95 but at the time did not realize a benefit so cost wise it did not seem warranted

But these days I have a EFI controller & have been playing with my fuel maps & will now

resume testing with gasoline 95 & see if I benefit for sport riding performance. Since I can now

enrich or lean fuel flow maybe I can gain more from gasoline/benz 95

You should go ahead & experiment with your bike & those 3 fuels as it will not harm & you will

know first hand what the reaction is for your specific bike.

As for what you said about PTT I read an interesting post elsewhere that a guy asking private pilots here

what benzine they use all responded PT which is not PTT

They said PT always tested the most consistent & PTT the worse. They said they believed it was due to PTT having their

own refineries & not always cleaning out their tanks when changing types

That is interesting to note as none are more strict about fuel than private pilots that run benz

( many small planes do run gasoline instead of avgas )

But dont be confused by PT & PTT

here are their symbols

Personally I will give PT a try after reading that when I resume trying gasoline 95

I should also say I often have run PTT Gasohol 95 ( because that station is so popular everywhere ) with no ill effects like you mentioned.

post-82547-0-09515200-1391349784.jpg post-82547-0-37891200-1391349792_thumb.j

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

I use Gasohol 95 in my 2001 Ducati and it runs OK but I regularly flush it with full tanks of Benzine 95 as Gasohol will gum up injectors and cause rusting when the water in it seperates and damage seals I never store it with with gasohol in always full tank of pure benzine .

Many people with bike using plastic tanks, Ducatis , KTMs and BMWs mostly have had deformation caused by gasohol and many older bikes will have engine and fuel system damage from it ...

• Like 1

I use Gasohol 95 in my 2001 Ducati and it runs OK but I regularly flush it with full tanks of Benzine 95 as Gasohol will gum up injectors and cause rusting when the water in it seperates and damage seals I never store it with with gasohol in always full tank of pure benzine .

In theory, there should be absolutely zero water in any fuel, including gashol. If there is, it is fraud..

In theory, there should be absolutely zero water in any fuel, including gashol. If there is, it is fraud..

There is no water in gasohol, it is the evaporation of the ethanol that cause damp in the tank.

• Like 1

I never store it with with gasohol in always full tank of pure benzine .

All you said was true & this especially I have heard many say.

Seems like a sound idea if bike is going to sit.

Edited by mania

There is no water in gasohol, it is the evaporation of the ethanol that cause damp in the tank.

Yes thats true but whatever Ethanol based fuels cause many more problems and issues to vehicle systems than pure benzine fuels

Im going to try PT benzine

48b L

mataleo

That is not too bad considering Gasohol 95 seems to be 40-41 now

I am also going to try it as soon as I can find a PT station :)

They are not too common here or perhaps I have not noticed them

PTT95 benzine is usually fine but sometimes they mix up gasohol 95 deliveries into Benzine 95 tanks , Best Benzine 95 in thailand is from Caltex with techron , PT station fuels (NOT PTT) are the choice for private aircraft and microlight users here they swear by its quality and thye have more to lose with dud fuel ,

shell dont supply any pure Benzine95 but V power is a solid product ,

if using up country stations make sure your fuel filters are in good nick ,, they need replacing every 3 years on bikes or the engine will run weak as fuel flow is reduced by dirt in the filters ...

• Like 1

Filled up with Caltex Benzine 95 this morning. I'll report later but for the moment it seems a little better.

Yeah you should run at least a couple tanks to clear everything.

Also if you know your old mileage with Gasohol note your new mileage with Benz &

see how you do.

I tried gasahol once with my ER6n and got more knocking on acceleration. Never tried it again. I'd rather pay more and get better performance and less risk of engine damage from knocking. Tony (hey where are you, Tony?) once told me he never had this problem with his ER. Maybe I wasn't keeping my rpms up. Anyway, I don't get the knock with benzene.

Used gasohol twice in my bike when forced to, the engine didn't like it. Stick to Caltex 95 Gold and Shell V-Power