Benzin Vs. Gasohol

I tried gasahol once with my ER6n and got more knocking on acceleration. Never tried it again. I'd rather pay more and get better performance and less risk of engine damage from knocking. Tony (hey where are you, Tony?) once told me he never had this problem with his ER. Maybe I wasn't keeping my rpms up. Anyway, I don't get the knock with benzene.

Used gasohol twice in my bike when forced to, the engine didn't like it. Stick to Caltex 95 Gold and Shell V-Power

Psst, Shell V-power is gasohol.

• Like 1

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I tried gasahol once with my ER6n and got more knocking on acceleration. Never tried it again. I'd rather pay more and get better performance and less risk of engine damage from knocking. Tony (hey where are you, Tony?) once told me he never had this problem with his ER. Maybe I wasn't keeping my rpms up. Anyway, I don't get the knock with benzene.

Used gasohol twice in my bike when forced to, the engine didn't like it. Stick to Caltex 95 Gold and Shell V-Power

Psst, Shell V-power is gasohol.

Oh sugar, it runs better than the others !

Filled up with Caltex Benzine 95 this morning. I'll report later but for the moment it seems a little better.

Yeah you should run at least a couple tanks to clear everything.

Also if you know your old mileage with Gasohol note your new mileage with Benz &

see how you do.

Yes, at the moment I'm not sure. When I filled the tank there was a blob of fuel from the previous Shell 91. Got 400bht worth of benzine and baring in mind I get just over 600bht when I hold the bike up straight, it's probably best to judge it on 2 or 3 refils.

At the moments it's puffing and spitting occasionally when decelrating in 2nd gear , especially in bad traffic. This is the issue I have with PTT 91 and Esso, shell on the other hand has been the best. So whether the mix of benzine and 91 isn't a good combo at the moment I can really tell the benefits.

So whether the mix of benzine and 91 isn't a good combo at the moment I can really tell the benefits.

I wouldn't worry too much.

It is just a different blend till it all runs pure with

what your filling with.

Basically saying your first tank is like a E-5 blend smile.png

Filled up with Caltex Benzine 95 this morning. I'll report later but for the moment it seems a little better.

Yeah you should run at least a couple tanks to clear everything.

Also if you know your old mileage with Gasohol note your new mileage with Benz &

see how you do.

Yes, at the moment I'm not sure. When I filled the tank there was a blob of fuel from the previous Shell 91. Got 400bht worth of benzine and baring in mind I get just over 600bht when I hold the bike up straight, it's probably best to judge it on 2 or 3 refils.

At the moments it's puffing and spitting occasionally when decelrating in 2nd gear , especially in bad traffic. This is the issue I have with PTT 91 and Esso, shell on the other hand has been the best. So whether the mix of benzine and 91 isn't a good combo at the moment I can really tell the benefits.

What bike u got again

Kawasaki er6n?

Its run better on 95

Dont bother with 91

mataleo

Update on the 95 Benzine.

'Im on my second fill and there is a huge difference between the two tyoes of fuel. On the 91 I was using, occasionally through traffic in 2nd gear there was what I can only describe as an intermittent flatspot. When decelerating and then slowly applying throttlle there was nothing, then a sudden burst of power. As yet I haven't experienced this with the benzine 95. It seems smoother and more responsive. And it seems more stable when idling too.

Glad I read this thread. Tnx

Edited by BBJ

You guys seem to know a little about gasahol and benzine, I have a 30 year old 400cc Honda which has some running issues, will benzine work better and if so any particular make? I have been running it on 91 gasahol up until now, which I get from wherever.

You guys seem to know a little about gasahol and benzine, I have a 30 year old 400cc Honda which has some running issues, will benzine work better and if so any particular make? I have been running it on 91 gasahol up until now, which I get from wherever.

You do not say what issues but

Give it a shot & see I would tend to think it would as it was designed to run on it.

Also in your case the E10 may not be so friendly to certain parts of your fuel system

Although if you bought it in Thailand as you probably did... many things may have been changed out already

( gaskets,seals,rubber fuel lines etc.)

You do not say what issues but

Give it a shot & see I would tend to think it would as it was designed to run on it.

Also in your case the E10 may not be so friendly to certain parts of your fuel system

Although if you bought it in Thailand as you probably did... many things may have been changed out already

( gaskets,seals,rubber fuel lines etc.)

I wouldn't count on anything having been done on this bike, the issues are mentioned on another thread entitled "stator test readings" currently on the front page here. But the problem that remains is an under-load misfire.

Edited by AllanB

^

allan, if i were you, i pay that 8 thb per liter more and use only benzene 95 for a 30 years old bike.

I agree, I am told it runs cooler and you get slightly better mileage, plus I go away for the summer/rainy season and not good leaving gasahol in the system, but there aren't many places it is sold around here, must make a list.

Gasohol is not suitae for older engines.

Its works sure but against ur engine :)

mataleo

i actually have a Yamaha nuovo 125. And i went to put Caltex gasohol 95.

But after when i was at home i read on the istrucion paper that the yamaha nuovo drink gasohol 91.

I will have any problem in using gashol 95 instead of gashol 91?

and what about benzine?

actually benzine is very difficult to find anyway

But after when i was at home i read on the istrucion paper that the yamaha nuovo drink gasohol 91.

and what about benzine?

No problem but not needed and no clear benefits on a scooter.

Benzine is always better, but there is no 91 benzine anymore, and 95 benzine is 48 bt/L, so one thinks twice before buying.

Edited by paz

and what about benzine?

Know that the difference between gasohol 91 & 95 is just the octane rating.

So first & foremost the two grades above your minimum acceptable fuel will not harm your bike

Benz 95 is normal 95 octane gasoline

Gasohol 91 & 95 is Gasoline with 10% or less anhydrous ethanol added

You will have no problem with any of the 3

When a bike instruction manual states a fuel grade ( Gasohol 91 in your case ) they are stating the minimum grade to use

You will never have a problem using a higher grade than the min they state in their booklets

As to whether or not your bike engine will benefit is only for you to try & decide.

Do not accept opinions try it yourself.

Edited by mania

Do you guys find you get better mileage using Benzine, I am getting 60mpg from my NV400, which is disappointing given my driving style. That said, perhaps I do like the feel of that power, which the bikes don't have and give it a bit of right wrist.

I would feel too bad about the extra 8 baht (24%) if that was the case...I know tight sod!

Do you guys find you get better mileage using Benzine, I am getting 60mpg from my NV400, which is disappointing given my driving style. That said, perhaps I do like the feel of that power, which the bikes don't have and give it a bit of right wrist.

I would feel too bad about the extra 8 baht (24%) if that was the case...I know tight sod!

I'm sure opinions differ depending on bikes

But for myself my testing shows much worse mileage with Benz 95 & no benefit power wise over gasohol 95

To add insult to injury I get a lot more deceleration popping between 9 & 8000 rpm while using benz 95

I have tested it with lean & rich maps as I have a EFI controller.

No benefit for me but my bike is a 2013. Went back to gasohol 95 just today in fact

again different for different bikes/engines so only you can really decide for yourself thru testing

on your own

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have an old Nissan car (1996), I first put shell v power in it about 6 months ago because i couldnt find benzine 95, and have done 2000+ km in it since (not on one tank!). I went to the uk for two weeks and came back, and it now has a tendency to stall, and idles at very low revs (interestingly it used to idle too quickly).

I have half a tank of v power in the car now.

To those a lot more mechanically minded than me, Assuming the v power has caused the problem, what should i do to restore it back to normal?

thanks

One word from me about Gasohol vs. Benzene.

New informations from Germany say, even the EU-Organisation and the German government which did highly force the usage of E10 (that's gasohol in Europe) in every and each test they talked about an engine running with E10 will need more fuel then running with real benzene and also from technical point of view there is nothing to talk against that fact. The more usage the politics talked about was up to 5% and independent organisations came up with values going up to 15% more usage depending on speed and accelerating (running WOT).
Now at least the EU with Germany also realize that this was a big nonsense and so they want to bring this to an end, the plan is to stop this stupid E10 idea in the coming future.
To compare this gasohol-discussion it is like saying if you extend engine oil with oil for cooking then the engine would run great or to say the lubrication would be far more better because cooking oil is more liquid - the engines never have been designed to run any food product what alcohol at least is (yes you can use it for more but it was never ment to be burnt as fuel, even when some used it as that).
And to bring my example to the peak, if politics and governments would come up with this brain washing idea believe me for many people it would become a religion just like gasohol now is.

• Like 1

and what about benzine?

No problem but not needed and no clear benefits on a scooter.

Benzine is always better, but there is no 91 benzine anymore, and 95 benzine is 48 bt/L, so one thinks twice before buying.

Where I live (in Hua Hin), there's plenty of 91 benzine. In fact you can buy it at many of the PTT gas stations, most of the smaller ones, and even a few coin-operated machines on the side of the street. I'm not sure why people keep saying it's being phased out, as at least here it seems easy to get hold of.

Where I live (in Hua Hin), there's plenty of 91 benzine. In fact you can buy it at many of the PTT gas stations, most of the smaller ones, and even a few coin-operated machines on the side of the street. I'm not sure why people keep saying it's being phased out, as at least here it seems easy to get hold of.

What is the price per liter?

Are you positive it is 91 gasoline & not 91gasohol?

Your the first person I have heard say it is still available.

Just curious

PTT does not even list it on their website anymore

http://www.pttplc.com/en/pages/home.aspx

post-82547-0-68930700-1394450740_thumb.j

Edited by mania