New Apartment In Khon Kaen - S.siri Place

Khun Bob

Saw a new apartment block in Khon Kaen city yesterday - name is S.Siri Place. It is brand new, just opened on 1/1/06 and has alot of facilities, good bed, tv with sat and cable, hot water, air con and fan, nice furniture in room, fast internet - all these being included in the price. This is where it gets interesting - on asking the proce i was told 4500bt a month - and i said i didnt want an inflated - farang - price. Had a look around the place and found elec to be 8bt a unit and water to be 25bt a unit. Expensive i thought and mentioned. Was just looking so made a hasty departure - but was followed and told that a better price could be offered.

Looks quite a good place, but would be interested to know the real prices. I dont think many people are living there right now and there is something like 40 to 60 rooms there on 4 floors.

Tel no for the appt is "PM Me" "as free advertising is not allowed in the forums"

Cheers

Edited by croftrobin

It would seem a good idea to get as much as possible in writing, to include the rent and utility cost.

I would expect that otherwise the utility price would change to make up any desired shortfall the owner might feel on the rent.

I'm not familiar with how utilities are charged - what's a "unit" of electricity and a "unit" of water?

Kilowatt-Hour and 1,000 liters?

kenk3z

It would seem a good idea to get as much as possible in writing, to include the rent and utility cost.

I would expect that otherwise the utility price would change to make up any desired shortfall the owner might feel on the rent.

I'm not familiar with how utilities are charged - what's a "unit" of electricity and a "unit" of water?

Kilowatt-Hour and 1,000 liters?

kenk3z

Electric cost about 2.5 baht per kilowatt hour including tax. Water is about 1 baht per litre.

Barry

KK electricity costs at least 2.97 baht plus 7% vat per Kilowatt hour.

A 30 sq meter apt running an 18,000 Btu air unit for 12 hours out of 24 hours every day for 1 month would chew up about 350 kilowatt hours.

direct from the elctric company this would give you a bill of about 1100baht per month (once they have added on the 0.43ft charge)

At 8 baht per unit your bill will be at least 2700 baht!!!!!!! (conservative guess)

You dont need air right now so this place is a good option for the wintertime.

forget it in summer though!!!

ps. electricity prices a set to rise by about 8% in 2006 as the Thai goverment cut Gas subsidies for electricity production.

Saw a new apartment block in Khon Kaen city yesterday - name is S.Siri Place. It is brand new, just opened on 1/1/06 and has alot of facilities, good bed, tv with sat and cable, hot water, air con and fan, nice furniture in room, fast internet - all these being included in the price. This is where it gets interesting - on asking the proce i was told 4500bt a month - and i said i didnt want an inflated - farang - price. Had a look around the place and found elec to be 8bt a unit and water to be 25bt a unit. Expensive i thought and mentioned. Was just looking so made a hasty departure - but was followed and told that a better price could be offered.

Looks quite a good place, but would be interested to know the real prices. I dont think many people are living there right now and there is something like 40 to 60 rooms there on 4 floors.

Tel no for the appt is 043 225944-6

Cheers

Just trying to work out which place this is?

is it located next to Bung Non Cort? or is this the new one right in the city near the Sofitel?

Edited by Thaipwriter

I think this is Sansiri Place which is opposite Northeastern College (ie. near Big C). The rent doesn't sound that inflated but the utility rates don;t seem so good. However apartments always love to charge this more highly as has been mentioned already.

Just look around at other apartments and go with the one that you like the best at the right price.

• 4 years later...

I think this is Sansiri Place which is opposite Northeastern College (ie. near Big C). The rent doesn't sound that inflated but the utility rates don;t seem so good. However apartments always love to charge this more highly as has been mentioned already.

Just look around at other apartments and go with the one that you like the best at the right price.

Its not near the north eastern college, found its exact location here http://www.whereinkhonkaen.com/reviews/long-stay/siri-grand-apartments/

Its not near the north eastern college, found its exact location here http://www.whereinkhonkaen.com/reviews/long-stay/siri-grand-apartments/

wow took you only 5 years to do so :) you think it is still brand new????