Are Thai People Just As Fat As Westerners Now?

WebBangkok

@JcCarlin

And it's up to everyone to control his/her own weight isn't it?

Back in the west I was surrounded by fast food chains and did I go to any of them... Hardly but that because I have a taste for more decent food than that. If one day I happen to see that I have become extremely puffed, I won't sue the fast food franchises... because nobody forced me to go there.

I wonder if Thai copied exactly every kind of fast food they could find or they invented some of it themselves...Give it up this utter nonsense that west made Thais fatter, they did that to themselves.

I blame it on the Thai's but ELIMINATING temptations certainly would help the Thai's. Having a MCDonalds on every corner of the ghetto with a liquor stor right next to it in New Jersey certainly increased obesity and drinking. Compare Burma and Cambodia and Thailand. Burma and Cambodia have less obese people and NO FAST FOOD CHAINS!

Are you serious or just delusional to the obvious problem. I think you will have far better luck boosting confidence into the locals or create better alcohol laws than what they have now instead.

I've been traveling around Thailand and been to places where they never heard of fast food chains or even 7 elevens and some of these areas are rife with fat people.

I find this statement of yours as logic as the woman who wanted to sue McDonalds for they didn't have a healthier menu.

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't know what fat is.

I'm talking huge people that take up two airline seats.

smotherers that make even seasoned bar girls run for the rice patties.

dudes who eat three big macs for breakfast.

man, motorbikes are not even an option.