Threatened By Thai At My Condo

beano2274

and spoke to her about the illegal parking of more than one vehicle belonging to the same person

Did he take your parking space? If not, I can't understand your complaints.

I have to go out late to pick up my wife and when I come back there are no parking spaces, so I make sure that people are aware so that they have time to tell the owners to move them so as we and others do not have to park on the road.

Perfectly reasonable.

Agree. smile.png

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever happened to good old fashioned key scratching?

It usually gets the point across.

A friend of mine didn't really understand. He parked in the village, and someone put a stone on his bonnet.

Next time he parked in the same spot, they smashed all his windows.

Sometimes, we don't understand, the first time we're told.

SC

• Like 1

A friend of mine didn't really understand. He parked in the village, and someone put a stone on his bonnet.

Next time he parked in the same spot, they smashed all his windows.

Sometimes, we don't understand, the first time we're told.

SC

Never had anything like that happen ( thankfully )

But I did learn real quick what a seemingly out of place

tree branch usually meant on a twisty country road :)

We all bend over backwards to blend in here, l do for sure, but a line has to be drawn or weakness will be recognized by any human or animal. If anyone touched me l would retaliate and expect the consequence. Tell the guy to F........ off and have the correct look in your eye. thumbsup.gif

I certainly don't bend over to blend in here.

I know a guy who did the exact same thing as you suggest - the guy pulled out a machete and nearly killed him.

same here,a friend of mine got hospitalised over parking dispute at his condo.Dont get into dispute with Thais, or "Go home".

Seems it's all going to be resolved, or at least be seen to be resolved for now.

But the moment someone touched me, or came at me with a bat, furniture is going to be rearranged.

A lot of people who got picked last on school rugby teams post here obviously.

Anyway - here's what you do. Go to the hardware shop. Buy 8 2 inch screws for wood (sharp at the point). At night, rest on each at the front and back of each tire at 45 degree angels. He now needs 4 new tires for his truck. job done and serve the prick right for pulling a baseball bat on you.

Anyway - here's what you do. Go to the hardware shop. Buy 8 2 inch screws for wood (sharp at the point). At night, rest on each at the front and back of each tire at 45 degree angels. He now needs 4 new tires for his truck. job done and serve the prick right for pulling a baseball bat on you.

You sure?

It should look like an accident, no?

How about a nice cool drink with just a smidgen of plutonium?

You sure?

Nice idea - but where to get the plutonium from? Besides, I would feel sorry for the chaps wife and his girlfirends as well.

Maybe just do one tire then...but keep doing in.... for a month.... every day.

You sure?

A nice chunk of soi dog crap stuffed in the exhaust wouldnt hurt either.

Yes, of course, if someone starts behaving like a spoiled 8 year old it is always your fault, so apologize. Someday he will do his baseball bat routine at the wrong time/place and catch a few pieces of lead: this will not be your fault, mai pen rai.

This post just highlights how feeble many people are when it comes to dealing with Thais.

Pathetic.

Not quite, reading some posts here makes more clear why SOME Thais dislike ALL the foreigners... Personally i find pathetic the people who must resort to violence to " feel like a man ".whistling.gif

Ahem, who pulled out a baseball bat first and laid their hands on the OP? Perhaps this is why many Thais think they can get away with this shit on every Tom, Dick and Farang in town.

Of course the Thai guy is included among the pathetic, but i think Mr. Beano was right not to react.

Soon or later the nutter will get what he deserves, but IMO foreigners should think twice before starting a fight with a local.

I had similar experiences a couple of times, i am glad i didn't react...After a while i discovered those nutters are well despised around their neighbourhood, but why on earth someone, moreso being a foreigner, should mess with them..

• Like 1

Ask the condo management for some souvenir footage of your actions from the CCTV.

Once a taxi driver punched me in the face after I refused to pay the price he quoted. Instinctively, I punched him back - he then ran to his car and took out a big, long knife and came running towards me. As I used to do kung <deleted>, I adopted a stance waiting for him to attack - he stopped walked round and walked back to his car and drove away. Showing 'no fear' is important. Back then the alcohol, rather than the martial arts training gave me more courage I think.

• Like 2

The bottom line is that if he backs off, he's going to be walked all over by any prat.

Jphnniey, I have been here a sight longer than you, have a WP, and don't have to grub around TEFL schools to be near the hookers

The fact that I am bespectacled and like Dr Who has nothing to do with it...

Explain what you mean by this? Are you suggesting I don't have a WP?

Are you suggesting, I'm an TEFL or English teacher?

Are you suggesting I want to be near hookers?

If you are, then you are wrong on all three - total speculation.

I could say that I've been here a long time and am not a alcoholic paedophile - but why would I?

• Like 1

Of course the Thai guy is included among the pathetic, but i think Mr. Beano was right not to react.

Agreed - but he was wrong in the first place being a grass. And what was the point if his car was already parked?

Well, these are details which we don't know exactly as we were not on the spot... i think there should be a limit somewhere between a war of words and a physical fight; of course we could assume the OP did something very wrong in the eyes of the Thai guy, but i'm not going to excuse him going ballistic.

Personally i try to mind my own business, it works for me.smile.png

he winged about the cars parked, so in my opion he was looking for trouble, then when he found that he had been sprung by the bloke he was trying to put sh$t on, did not have the balls to stand and be counted...

he winged about the cars parked, so in my opion he was looking for trouble, then when he found that he had been sprung by the bloke he was trying to put sh$t on, did not have the balls to stand and be counted...

Hard to stand up and be counted against a Thai guy, his friends, Thai security guards who would defend their Thai brother, and a baseball bat. Rules are different here so he needs to be more Thai. He should get a group of his mate with bats and knives, run up behind the guy in the dark somewhere and beat him to death. That's the Thai way. An honourable nation at heart.

• Like 2

Hard to stand up and be counted against a Thai guy, his friends, Thai security guards who would defend their Thai brother, and a baseball bat. Rules are different here so he needs to be more Thai. He should get a group of his mate with bats and knives, run up behind the guy in the dark somewhere and beat him to death. That's the Thai way. An honourable nation at heart.

lol You need to post here more. I like reading your posts

• Like 1

Once a taxi driver punched me in the face after I refused to pay the price he quoted. Instinctively, I punched him back - he then ran to his car and took out a big, long knife and came running towards me. As I used to do kung <deleted>, I adopted a stance waiting for him to attack - he stopped walked round and walked back to his car and drove away. Showing 'no fear' is important. Back then the alcohol, rather than the martial arts training gave me more courage I think.

Surely every Thai in a 10 km radius joined in to defend their compatriot, Muay Thai'd you all over, then pulled their guns out and shot you to death 100 times then charged you for the bullets? Like what usually happens.

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Did you read the OP?

I did and my impression was that the OP was deliberately picking a fight.

Where the Thai parked was between the Thai and the Condo management.

In Thailand one should learn to mind one's own business, or face the often violent consequences.

If they wanted to make the parking more personal, they should put condo numbers on parking spaces.

Obviously you are not aware that according to the Condominium Act it is illegal to allocate parking spaces.

Edited by beano2274

Did you read the OP?

I did and my impression was that the OP was deliberately picking a fight.

Where the Thai parked was between the Thai and the Condo management.

In Thailand one should learn to mind one's own business, or face the often violent consequences.

If they wanted to make the parking more personal, they should put condo numbers on parking spaces.

Obviously you are not aware or nor are the people in your condo that according to the Condominium Act it is illegal to allocate parking spaces.

Really? My parking spot at home has our condo number on it. Then again, speeding is illegal too.

Beano, advice (friendly) : fight the battles that are worth fighting. This isn't one of them IMO. Smooth it over, shit have a beer with the guy (one before he gets drunk) call it a day and wake up tomorrow to a nice Friday instead of worrying about what may come next.

Good luck.

EDIT: forgot to add "failing that, get one of those scary looking GLOCK / Revolver polos in black before you meet the guy."

Edited by bkkjames
  • Like 2

And my car has been damaged as I had to park on the main road, a motorcyclist collided with it after a taxi tried to do a three point turn in the main road and did not see the motorcyclist, so why can I not open my mouth and make others aware of the fact.

I have two cars, and have two rooms, so I can park both at the condo, but I do not and it is parked permanently at my MIL's house. I think that others appreciate the fact that I keep the other car out of the condo area.

Edited by beano2274

And my car has been damaged as I had to park on the main road, a motorcyclist collided with it after a taxi tried to do a three point turn in the main road and did not see the motorcyclist, so why can I not open my mouth and make others aware of the fact.

I have two cars, and have two rooms, so I can park both at the condo, but I do not and it is parked permanently at my MIL's house. I think that others appreciate the fact that I keep the other car out of the condo area.

Your car being damaged is not anyones fault but the motorbike guy, assuming you were parked legally ;)

Your car being damaged is not anyones fault but the motorbike guy, assuming you were parked legally wink.png

I know the motorcyclist and the taxi driver were at fault, but I would not have been parked there if people had abided by the rules and parked only one car there, or maybe at that time there were people visiting friends who parked in spaces meant for the condo inhabitants, who knows but the point being why should I and others put our cars at risk for the sake of others who actually voted for the rules at the time, and then cannot follow them....

Edited by beano2274

I know the motorcyclist and the taxi driver were at fault, but I would not have been parked there if people had abided by the rules and parked only one car there,

By that logic,

The Thai man would be thinking if you hadn't come to Thailand, he wouldn't be having a parking problem.

I know the motorcyclist and the taxi driver were at fault, but I would not have been parked there if people had abided by the rules and parked only one car there,

By that logic,

The Thai man would be thinking if you hadn't come to Thailand, he wouldn't be having a parking problem.

Aha but it is my MIL's car that my wife uses, and she bought the condos before she was married to me, so the problem might still have occured

By that logic,

Very stupid and fundamentally flawed logic - Everyone agreed to the rules. The Thai lad is simply being a cock, the Op handled the situation well. He's faced with an issue and is dealing with it in the best possible way. He can't ignore that. I wouldn't ignore it if it meant that I'd have to park my car in the street.

Spaces are at a premium in my Condo, fortunately everyone follows the rules. They have to because there is an card controlled barrier that has enough spaces for each Condo. There are additional spaces which can be bought for B1000 per month which we buy for my Wifes car.

beano2274 has handled the situation well and perhaps somewhat differently to the way I might have handled it (slap my hands and pull a baseball bat on me and I'd have difficulty controlling my response and not escalating the situation).

Edited by richard_smith237