Can Someone Help Me With Creating A Pdf From A Webpage?

chrgrims

Hi,

Im making an electronic press kit in .pdf and i need the pdf to have live links and plugins working. Its for my hobby music label, rabiangrecords.com. if someone could help me do this i would be grateful!

cheers, chris

i didnt know it was possible either, but someone told me that it was. maybe its not. EPKs, if done well, are normally distributed as pdf's, this might be just a business standard for all i know. but i dont have great knowledge in this area of marketing.

I would posit that it's not possible to include the plug-ins for the simple reasons that the plug-ins are platform dependent; a plug-in that will run in a Windows environment for example, won't run in a Linux or MacOS one; the PDF format, however, is intended to be platform-independent.

the links work, but not the embedded songs... are you trying to get the songs to play within the pdf? i didn't know that was possible. why not just send journalists the link to your webpage?

It is possible with Adobe Acrobat Pro version 9 and newer but you have to manually embed them into the pdf and just a direct conversion of the website won't include them automatically.

• Like 1

Wont that get stopped by a lot of spam filters? I was adviced to make a pdf by a friend that works in the business, actually books bands to play in thailand. he says pdf's work best. so thats what i want to try this time. Someone in this thread has offered to do it, he says he knows how in a PM. so hopefully it will happen!

cheers, chris

Neither the links to other web pages nor the links to embedded sound files work.

My bad I didn't read the part where he wants to embed media content.

Options.....

Use HTTrack to rip the site and content it creates a front HTML page with the media where it should be. But this doesnt create the required PDF file.

I am not a webmaster but isn't there some way of exporting the web page from Dreamweaver or similar decent web page creator?

...I was adviced to make a pdf by a friend that works in the business, actually books bands to play in thailand. he says pdf's work best. so thats what i want to try this time. Someone in this thread has offered to do it, he says he knows how in a PM. so hopefully it will happen!

cheers, chris

My vote of appreciation goes to this member who offered you his help. It is members like he and the tens of thousands of other active and helpful members that make ThaiVisa the most popular English-language forum for expats and visitors.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...