Credit Card-No Paypal

Tried to purchase something online in the UK with my Thai Bank Credit Card. Payment mode: Paypal. Diden't work ! So I went to the Bank and I was told that I can not use my CC for Paypal payments. Nobody in the Bank was able to tell me why this is not possible.

Can somebody enlighten me, why not possible ?

Thanks & cheers.

Had a similar problem, trying to set up new Thai paypal account and link to KBank 'Visa' card. My problem, I think, is that KBank is stopping me from converting Thai baht to foreign funds. AA

Had a similar problem, trying to set up new Thai paypal account and link to KBank 'Visa' card. My problem, I think, is that KBank is stopping me from converting Thai baht to foreign funds. AA

Don't know the answer but I thought Paypal do the currency conversion and not your bank so I don't think that is the problem. Maybe this link might help http://forums.ebay.c...eadID=500000429

Edited by sysardman

Did you go through the security check system they make you do? Either SMS security code, depositing 2 small amounts, and you have to name them, this kind of thing? Never had a problem myself with this and as I recall it was fairly straight forward. I seem to recall though that I had to close my HK account and open a new Thai account for it to work. Same when I moved from the UK to HK. They only register cards from a country where the account is based (paypal.co.th).

I first read this over the weekend and this morning I went online with the Kbank helpcentre.

The information below may help.

W: Good morning, I would like to transfer Thai baht from my account to my PayPal account.

P: It cannot be done

W: Why not?

P: it can only be used for shopping through internet

P: or any payments

W: Can I link my debit card to PayPal instead?

P: Yes, u can

P: you have to register your debit card at Kasikorn ATM machine first.

P: If you have debit card and register for a service called "Internet Shopping by K-Debit Card" at K-ATM machine, you can register a member of PayPal.

P: When you register, PayPal ask you to fill your card information.

Then they will deduct a small amount on your account, you will get SMS show 4 digits for verification.

P: If you do it already, you can join with them.

W: I tried that before but I could not see the 4 digit number on my bank statement.

P: If you use debit card, the code will be sent to your cell phone only

P: if you cannot get, please contact K-contact centre at Tel. 0 2888 8800