Taking My 3 Year Old Home To Uk --- Help!

blueshark

1. Lovely 3 year old girl, bright as a spark, a chip of the old block for sure.

2. Mother is devils advocate a raving nasty bitch of the worse kind, but willing to sign any paper so i can take my daughter home to UK for better life.

3. My daughter has my surname on her passport. Passport is british, also has british birth cert.

4. Been home once last year for 3 months already.

A. what problems can i face? Do i need a letter even though she has everything else?

B. does my ex still keep custody of her even thought we are in the UK?

C. After say 2/3/4/5/6 years in the UK do i auto get custody of my KID?

No bull shit ---- just good advice thanks.

No, you don't get custody unless the mother gives you sole custody.

Also after living in the UK for a long period you would not get sole custody, but factual you would have unless the mother would come and live in the UK as the longer motehr and child are seperated the kmore incline a judge will be to let you be the prime guardian. Combined with a court order not allowing the child to leave the country the mother could only get visitation rights in the UK itself.

Do let her sign a paper allowing you to take the child abroad to settle in the UK, it is rarely checked but is a requirement. it also makes your case stronger if there should be any problem with the mother in the future.

In the end you could file for sole custody after a few years, but that might not be worth it and might only upset the mother. I would consider doing that only when there is a real need to do so.

Also after living in the UK for a long period you would not get sole custody, but factual you would have unless the mother would come and live in the UK as the longer motehr and child are seperated the kmore incline a judge will be to let you be the prime guardian. Combined with a court order not allowing the child to leave the country the mother could only get visitation rights in the UK itself.

Do let her sign a paper allowing you to take the child abroad to settle in the UK, it is rarely checked but is a requirement. it also makes your case stronger if there should be any problem with the mother in the future.

In the end you could file for sole custody after a few years, but that might not be worth it and might only upset the mother. I would consider doing that only when there is a real need to do so.

Thanks good advice.

This paper/letter does it need to be devised by a lawer? or should i go to the Ampur and get a form from them? I heard some where its cheaper just to go to the Ampur office.

Thanks again.

Thanks good advice.

This paper/letter does it need to be devised by a lawer? or should i go to the Ampur and get a form from them? I heard some where its cheaper just to go to the Ampur office.

Thanks again.

If it said on the letter that she gives me sole custody that would be legally binding? Yes or No? and how can i do this? I think she would be happy to do that.

if she lives with you in the UK then you have custody.

Get a letter from the wife, maybe from a decent lawyer who will notorise, and let your daughter enjoy her childhood and life in the UK.

When she's old enough she'll can then make a choice but seriously doubt any child raised in the UK choosing to relocate to Thai when they are 18+ to start a new life.

After 24hr+ your daughter will be a British kid and will reap the benefits of that highly sought after passport.

Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...