Cremation?

leolibby

Hi. I got to thinking about organ/body donation... I want to donate first, my organs to people who need them, and also my entire body to science. Assume my heart gets donated to someone who needs a heart-- that is the only kind of afterlife I want. It's practicle, and real... not embedded in religious dogma. I also want what's left of my body to be cremated. I definitlely don't want to be embalmed and burried. I don't want to spread poisons to the earth. What could be more selfish? thats my opinion.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, the Buddhist forum rules state that:

"Any new topic where Buddhism is not thematically involved will be immediately deleted, or, if otherwise relevant to Thailand, moved to the appropriate subforum."

This is for the benefit of the Buddhists and those genuinely curious about Buddhism in the forum. So for example a topic about why Buddhists prefer cremation or what Buddhism says about organ donation is on-topic, but a statement of personal preferences re burial and cremation is not.

If anyone has a problem with moderation, just send a polite PM to the moderator and allow time for a response.