Removing Items From Personal Content Page.

BuckarooBanzai

I often visit my "Contents" page to see what has been updated but certain threads ie. "Where is gold going in this market" which was started in 2008 keeps showing up. I posted on this thread over a year ago (I think) and tire of always coming up on the list. As I have no more interest in this thread or in the gold that I no longer have in my treasure chest I would like a reprieve. I realize it is a very popular thread for some viewers so just want to gently bow out. Suggesting that "this market" may have changed over the last 4 years and should perhaps start anew is something I would never want to do as perhaps some like to go back to 2008 to see how every ones crystal ball has been working. Of course there may be other threads that trouble other members the request for de-prioritizing or eliminating a "My Content" page item is a real request.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm afraid your "My Content" list will always show all topics in which you have ever posted, because that is its designed purpose, but you can on the left of the screen click to show only the topics you started or show only your posts.

However, your call for a list of topics over which you have control, let's call it a whitelist, is legitimate and this feature already exists. When you have a topic on your screen, near the the top right, below "View New Content", click on "Follow this topic". Then when you want to see your whitelist, click on your member name at the top right as you have been doing in the past, but this time click on "Content I Follow". To remove a topic from the list, do one of two things: either click on a topic title to bring the topic to the screen and then click on "Unfollow This Topic" near the top right, or in the list of topics you are following click on "Toggle Edit Options", click in the selection box on the right for each topic you want to unfollow, then in the field "Choose Action" click on "Stop following" and finally on "Update Selection".

• Like 1

Now let's go one step further and automate the addition of topics to your whitelist.

> Click on your member name at the top right of the screen.

> Click on My Settings

> Under "Topics & Posts", check the box for "Auto follow topics I reply to"

This will now automatically add all topics in which you post to your whitelist from this point forward. At any later time, when you want to stop following a particular topic, you simply unfollow it as outlined in my previous post. In this manner, your whitelist becomes a "My Contents" list from which you can remove topics, precisely what you are looking for.