True 3G+ 42Mbps Usb Modem

negreanu

You can Google "TrueMove H speedtests", look at images to get a feel for what is possible. I think the highest I've seen is 21.49 down.

It's almost irrelevant though as you'd burn through your quota, 10 GB is the top-most plan, that much faster and be stepped back to 128 Kbps.

edited to add: The back-haul is probably the short-straw, even thought the air-interface can support up to 42 Mbps.

Edited by lomatopo

I'm using a 21 mbps dongle (zte) and both providers claiming 42 mbps networks (dtac & true-h) get at best around 6-8 mbps, and on peak times they can drop below 1 mbps.

So the 21 mbps dongle is definitely an improvement over a 7.2 mbps dongle, which I used before and topped out just over 5 mbps.

It looks like their backbone would only support around 10 mbps, probably more but to be shared between online users, and the chance of you being online alone is nowadays nil.

3g devices are just to popular these times with all the android phones and tablets around...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

This is the best I've done with a Samsung Galaxy S II on DTAC. I am not sure what the underlying baseband IC might be capable of, with the right firmware?

I have seen, first-hand on a colleague's SGS3 on TrueMove H, a DL speed of 14-ish Mbps.

post-9615-0-99262800-1345257329_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo

Reaching 42Mbps 3G speed would probably require the laboratory conditions of perfect reception and only one user.

Totally agree and not only with 3G. My real world experience is that if you see any kind of advertising with the words "wireless" and "Mbps" in the same sentence, it isn't the truth.

Reaching 42Mbps 3G speed would probably require the laboratory conditions of perfect reception and only one user.

Totally agree and not only with 3G. My real world experience is that if you see any kind of advertising with the words "wireless" and "Mbps" in the same sentence, it isn't the truth.

I've seen most older generation devices reliably reach around 80% of rated speed. I.e. around 3 mbps on a 3.6 Mbps dongle, a tad over 5 Mbps for a 7.2 mbps dongle.

Only the faster models start to lag indicating that the technology is capable of fast speeds but that the backbone/capacity simply isn't there.

This is the best I've done with a Samsung Galaxy S II on DTAC. I am not sure what the underlying baseband IC might be capable of, with the right firmware?

I have seen, first-hand on a colleague's SGS3 on TrueMove H, a DL speed of 14-ish Mbps.

Both the S2 and the S3 have a 21 mbps capable radio.

Both the S2 and the S3 have a 21 mbps capable radio.

Yes, it appears as though the Samsung Galaxy S II (I9100) and Samsung Galaxy S III (I9300) use the same baseband IC, Intel X-Gold 626 which supports:

HSDPA/HSUPA capabilities of 21Mbps/5.7Mbps with EDGE multislot class 33

Penta-band 3G, Quad-band EDGE with Receive Diversity type 3i

Supports worldwide connectivity in one design

Extremely small PCB footprint and power consumption

Hardware and software interfaces to applications processors or to a PC as a wireless modem

It looks like the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (I9250) uses the same baseband IC.

Hmmmm. May try to flash a I9250 modem to try on T-Mo in the U.S. for my next trip.